300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran Affairs Police question

I applied for the Veteran Affairs Police at the Myrtle Beach clinic. I am a 10 year Disabled Army vet (10 point preference). I read a lot on this forum how the the VA Police is a terrible job to have. I am 52 years old and looking to slow down. I have been in sales for a long time and I have 5 years of previous LEO Experience from 1991-1995 (Deputy Sheriff), but that is it. How hard is it to get hired on? What is the police academy like for a older person lol? I understand the job may be boring for the smaller clinics but could be perfect for someone like me looking to retire at 62. Thanks

The job is what you make of it. I worked for the Reno VA and enjoyed my position. It wasn't uncommon for me to have a warrant arrest per day. Being hired generally comes down to luck. Sometimes extremely qualified applicants apply, and other times they get very few applications. The academy is easy. They treat you as an adult. Fitness isn't difficult, and it wasn't uncommon for people to walk the run and still pass. The clinics are definitely slower paced. Besides the occasional vet that is ****ed off about their appointment being cancelled, you won't have a ton going on. Most of the retired people I know enjoy it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4917 users online. 270 members and 4647 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X