• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear anything on this one?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet. For how quickly people were referred, it's odd there's been no movement. There are jobs that I've applied to that take six months to get the referral notice.

At this point I'm probably going to need to withdraw anyway. I just bought a house and likely need to stay put. Life priorities.

• Blueman143
      Blueman143 commented
      Editing a comment
      congratz! Life does happen.

• Sgaexec
      Sgaexec commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing on my end either.

xxxxxx xxx x x x x
    Last edited by BulkheadBobby; 04-01-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      DM206 lol that would be insane! I’ve never seen an intern in any agency I’ve worked for that could meet that requirement...who knows though.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. Seemed too good to be true. I'm guessing this vacancy was open to the public because that's the only way the interns would qualify, i.e. not in the competitive or excepted services.

I really wish I had interned for agencies like this in college. Opens a lot of doors.

• Jbress95
      Jbress95 commented
      Editing a comment
      I interned for agencies that let me do all of that minus interviewing subjects and informants.

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      Jbress95 that’s the portion that I’m referring to. I’ve never seen an intern interview a suspect, witness, or informant. Maybe their interns do this though.

Why would that public announcement be for interns, when they could have easily post an announcement that states to the effect, " Only HHS OIG employees would be considered."

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Are interns considered employees for purposes of being considered in the competitive or executive service? Not sure.

• Sgaexec
      Sgaexec commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea exactly I don’t think interns would be considered employees. My thing is that they still have to consider veterans pref on public announcements...sooo how do they ensure they’ll be able to select their interns?

Anyone hear anything ? Current 1811 and was referred. I was told no one within HHS is positive on what this announcement will look like in terms of hiring.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing. I'm honestly not expecting to get an interview, even if it is billed as an entry-level OIG vacancy. Let us know if you hear anything, I think if they're going to hire outside candidates, you'd be at the top of the list.

Originally posted by Runamile View Post
    Anyone hear anything ? Current 1811 and was referred. I was told no one within HHS is positive on what this announcement will look like in terms of hiring.
    Nothing yet it was a quick referral process but since then dead silent.
    Timeline:
    09/2014= applied
    10/2014= tested
    11/2014=oral board
    11/2014=background submitted
    03/2015=conditional offer
    04/2015=final offer
    06/2015=started the academy
    09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

I was referred as well. I’m excited about it! Currently state law enforcement doing fugitive apprehensions and investigations, and I speak fluent Russian. This is my first time being referred for an 1811!

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. You should apply broadly to some of the larger agencies if you want to maximize your chances of becoming an 1811 -- DEA, FBI, ATF, HSI, USMS, CBP, BP. The odds of getting one of these few HHS OIG openings is not great statistically.

I tried to get some more info from the contact listed on the posting...was told there is no targeted start date and no specific locations, but that a hiring manager would reach out "as positions come available." Make of that what you will.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. Not sure what to make of that. Does that mean they've already made selections and that our applications are kept on file to fill future announcements?

• DM206
        DM206 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your guess is as good as mine. I asked specific questions (number of selections, timeframe, etc...) but this is all I got back. My only thought is maybe they're using this to have a pool of candidates as people move or retire, or to fill new slots in the upcoming budget year. There's a continuing push to fight pandemic related fraud and HHS OIG is part of that effort, so maybe that will mean more agents, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Different agency, but there is an entry level GS7/GS9 vacancy announcement here. Only two vacancies though:
      https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599116900

Comment

Does anyone have any updates regarding this announcement yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2819 users online. 136 members and 2683 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X