300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHS OIG (March 2021)

New 1811 posting up on USAJobs...GS-11, open to the public. Closes on 3/23.

This is a good agency, and from what I understand they don't have public postings very often.

Just applied! Any insight into locations available?

Comment

• DM206
      DM206 commented
      Editing a comment
      No inside info unfortunately. If I had to guess, I would say the strike force locations are the most in need of agents (https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/strike-force/). But the posting says location negotiable, and they've got agents all over.

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      DM206 thanks for the info. I did see location negotiable. I'll check out the strike force locations though.

Applied, not expecting anything, but thank you for the heads up!

Comment

Seems to be geared more towards people that already have 1811, especially since its a GS-11 position. That’s not entry level.

Comment

• Eliteforce
        Eliteforce commented
        Editing a comment
        It says no prior federal experience is required, so I would assume you don’t have to be a current 1811 & don’t have to have previous 1811 experience. As long as you meet the specialized experience, you’re good.

It doesn't look entry-level, but anyone with one year of investigative experience qualifies. Most of the GS-11 jobs I've seen want CITP and particular federal experience.

Comment

OIG 1811 here. Worked with HHS on a Tricare/Medicare Health Fraud case a while back. Really good dudes who said they had decent management. I don't know if things have changed with the whole opioid epidemic/COVID but it was my understanding that these guys mainly worked paper/civil cases.

Comment

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not LE, but I do healthcare fraud investigations in the private sector, and we end up sharing information with HHS OIG. They do some high dollar civil stuff but they definitely do a lot of criminal cases too. They're pretty good at posting case information here: https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/enforcement/

You can see from those announcements the kinds of cases they work and some of the agencies they tend to work with. Definitely DCIS when Tricare is impacted, but also FBI, DEA, DOL, IRS, the whole alphabet soup.

Does anyone have information on what the Covid Direct Hiring is? It states in the announcement. It seems like they want people from the public with experience but not just entry level.

Comment

• vc859
          vc859 commented
          Editing a comment
          It says that it means all qualified applicants will be referred. I believe it is to deal with the huge amount of fraud related to COVID (PPE, health insurance etc)

From my observations working with HHS-OIG 1811s, seems like they get the majority of their new agents either from other Fed agencies and/or promote from within, their auditors and/or interns.

Comment

Referred. That was fast. They must be accelerating the hiring process.

Comment

• Northernheat
            Northernheat commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, referred to the hiring manager as well.

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            My application was referred too. That was really fast!

I got referred 6 years Police Officer experience state and county I’m interested to see how this pans out lol
          Timeline:
          09/2014= applied
          10/2014= tested
          11/2014=oral board
          11/2014=background submitted
          03/2015=conditional offer
          04/2015=final offer
          06/2015=started the academy
          09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

Referred as well. Crazy how quick that went. Hopefully this is a mass hiring push, and they can interview and onboard within a couple of months.

Comment

• DM206
              DM206 commented
              Editing a comment
              Posting said "few vacancies" unfortunately. Still, hope it moves quickly.

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd like to be optimistic but I imagine the competition will be stiff. Still, I'm glad to have even been referred. I've applied to many OIG vacancies and have never been referred.

• Forester87
              Forester87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Referred. I'm surprised it happened that quickly. It only just closed on the 23rd.

Referred as well. Says Top Secret may be needed. Maybe you have to qualify for the clearance depending on posting? thoughts?????....

Comment

It’s probably a TS collateral which is fairly common among 1811s.. wouldn’t be location dependent. Really more about the requisite background investigation.

Comment

Thanks Sgaexec. I come from a full TS background to include poly. Any chance current TS holders will be able to transfer their stuff over? Or is this like USSS / FBI / etc. where the agency conducts their own BI stuff? Appreciate any info.

Comment

My guess is it would transfer over. Very few agencies without reciprocity. Especially if you have the full ssbi from a ts clearance.

I’m kind of pessimistic about this one though...few vacancies and direct hire...feels like the agency already has people in mind and so wanted to bypass status candidates to get who they want. They didn’t even limit the number applying to narrow down the amount of apps to go through...just leads me to believe they won’t actually go through any of the 500+ apps received but instead pull through the people they want.

Comment

• Blueman143
                    Blueman143 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Could very well be the case. As with most of these positions... sit back and wait.

• Roninjin
                    Roninjin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @Sgaexec,
                    The announcement's questionaire did ask do you have CITP. That causes me to believe that it could be used as a potential filter for selection. This is considering how classes are backed up at down there at Fletc (Covid). Just having CITP they can put you to work when you're onboard and don't have to wait to send you to class.

• Frank020387
                    Frank020387 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wonder why they didn't post the field offices that are actually available instead.

• Sgaexec
                    Sgaexec commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good point ronin, I’ve heard the training is crazy backed up with people waitlisted. And weird they didn’t list the field offices but maybe the cases can be worked from any FO location?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4739 users online. 262 members and 4477 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X