Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone I'm trying to apply. do i just email the recruiter for my area and ask for a info session ? also is a degree required ? thanks

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      For the Marshals yes, the process for the most part begins with proactively reaching out to your local recruiter for direction. As with anything, a degree makes you competitive, but as far as I’ve been told USMS does not require a degree. Hopefully you have some experience to balance it out if you do not have one however

• AllSourceGuy
      AllSourceGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Salty , Ill have to email the district recruiter again because i never got anything back when i sent it before.

• Stay Salty VB
      Stay Salty VB commented
      Editing a comment
      Try calling as well, most district recruiters do it as a collateral duty amongst their other responsibilities, and it may get lost in the shuffle from time to time. The district numbers should be listed under the Marshals website if you aren’t familiar with yours already.

Deleted message
    Last edited by Smoke23; 12-29-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Octavianus
      Octavianus commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! I hope the rest of us from that info session will also receive the good news soon.

• FORMER_USBP
      FORMER_USBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that’s great news for all of the OKC info session candidates. Hopefully we hear some great news too. What location were you offered or what did the letter state?

Deleted message
    Last edited by Smoke23; 12-29-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      When you interviewed, did you also receive a document estimating that the hiring process (from interview to being selected by a district) would take ~12 months? I don't see that estimate being remotely accurate.

Wow. That was fast. Congratulations and hopefully we begin our process soon.

Comment

Deleted message
      Last edited by Smoke23; 12-29-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did you delete comments lol?

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        FORMER_USBP I don't understand why people do this. It drives me nuts. Someone else may have been able to use the info in the future, but now it's gone. That's kind of the whole point of this forum is for people to connect and share information on the hiring processes of agencies. But if the info was that private that you don't want it on an open forum, it shouldn't be posted in the first place.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve seen this happen a few times in other threads. Often times it is because the poster is called out by their management for posting too much info or inaccurate info. It’s not as anonymous here as you might think.

Went to OKC Info Session.
      Sent in transcripts per their request.
      Emailed for update and they said to expect email with new information in the near future.
      Hope to receive TOL soon. Congrats to who received theirs already.

Comment

• Kincaid
        Kincaid commented
        Editing a comment
        Less than a week after I was asked to submit transcripts I received a TOL. Good luck!

Hey guys I attended the 12/14 info session in PA. Any idea on when you’ll contact us back for the online assessment?!

Comment

• DoubleHaul
        DoubleHaul commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends on the timing of the private announcement. Could be a couple months or more. I went to an info session in May 2021 and received the link for the assessment in July.

Speaking of updates, has anyone who interviewed in November (Chicago or St. Louis) heard anything since? On some timelines, I've seen people receive TOLs within a couple months of interviewing, while others have taken MUCH longer.

Comment

• Rocket88
        Rocket88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just about to ask this same question. I interviewed in St. Louis. I was expecting a yes or no email in about a month, according to others experiences on here. I guess we’re in for a wait. Hopefully not a long one.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        The rejections go out before TOLs, at least they did with FY 2021 Wave 1. If you don't have a rejection, that's good news in the sense that you're still in the running.

• Rocket88
        Rocket88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter_Patriot I got that impression from reading a few folks’ take on here and that’s why I’m not overly worried about a quick response, ha.

Anyone from the OKC information session in August 2021 hear anything back yet? Last update I received was that I was referred as GL-5.

Comment

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        Apparently two guys received a TOL. But for me, nothing yet.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        They are issued in the order that you interviewed. I interviewed the last day of the Wave 1 interview week and got my offer about a week later than the first guys who interviewed.

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good news, thanks Winter.

• I interviewed on 8/12/21 and still no offer.

Comment

• Has anyone who applied to the invited posting that closed on 12/20 receive results from the assessment?

Comment

• Has anyone who interviewed in Omaha or Jacksonville Oct 18th-22nd received a TOL yet?

Comment

• Jgreen1
            Jgreen1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed in Jacksonville in October and still haven't heard anything yet.

• IVAHN
            IVAHN commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed in Omaha, have not heard anything yet.

• Just an FYI. If you have a VA disability rating and do not have your VA Decision Letter on hand(document that lists ALL disabilities and rating for each), please contact your Veterans Services Office, typcially in your county where initially filed claim. They also referred to it as a “codes letter”. Be specific when asking, verbiage gets lost in translation. I was given the run around a few times. Then finally got someone who actually knew what they were doing and emailed it to me within 2min.

Comment

• What is the order followed on the PT test? Run, pushups, sit ups, sit and reach?

Comment

• Hi all. Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. Anyone know how long after an information session you will be sent the link to formally apply? Is it supposed to be immediately after, or it could take some time? Just want to make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle. Thanks

Comment

• lunatico86
                lunatico86 commented
                Editing a comment
                When was your information session?

The link for me came about a month and a half after, almost two months. The link for the assessment came about two weeks after I initially applied and I then had a very short time frame to take that online assessment,

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3742 users online. 223 members and 3519 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X