Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the timelines from the other forums, we might not hear anything until middle of next year. We’re in for a long wait.

Comment

OKC info session where I passed interview and later got link to apply on USAjobs. I qualified and was referred to the hiring manager. I haven’t heard anything else other than to be patient by HR.

Comment

Maybe…however I’ve talked to a few Marshals who have said the consolidated info session is designed to expedite the hiring process. I think the goal is a year or less.

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP
        Forum Member
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you’re right.

• NorthLions308
        NorthLions308
        Forum Member
        NorthLions308 commented
        Editing a comment
        Heard the same thing, however COVID put a choke hold on everything. All is well if the government dnt shut down…

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s time from info session to hire clearance most likely, but I’d expect to wait another one to two years for a final offer with class date.

Got my TOL. Interviewed in June in Philly.

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP
        Forum Member
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. My info session was in August so maybe TOL will be coming December. What location did they offer you or better yet what did your letter say?

Had my structured interview this morning. Thought it went pretty well, but of course I have no way of knowing for sure.

Updated timeline:

Info session - May 2021
      Application - July 2021
      Written assessment - July 2021
      Notice of referral for GL-7 - August 2021
      Structured interview - November 2021

​​​

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP
        Forum Member
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s strange that you didn’t get your interview done at the info session.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        STAR is how I prepped. It's safe for most structured federal interviews.

Prior to 2021, the interview was done several months after the info session. Timeline had been info session, online assessment, invite to apply, referral, interview invite, tentative offer, then medical/background. It sounds like USMS wants to expedite the hiring process going forward though. You should still expect the process to take two to three years or more. Those of us who applied in 2020 probably aren't looking at a class until late FY 2022 or even FY 2023 at this rate.

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP
        Forum Member
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that sucks and I’m not getting any younger. This will be my fourth FLETC academy. I really hope things start speeding up for all of us waiting.

• D.Brown
        D.Brown
        Forum Member
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        I second this. Also had my interview in Chicago this date. Felt it went very well and the Agents were very informative and had good conversation after it was over.

Same timeline as you.

Information session: May 2021
        Application: July 2021
        Written - July 2021
        Results: GL7 - August
        Interview: November 2021

Brace for the long haul since 2018s and 2019s are receiving academy calls.

I should add that after our interviews, we were given an information sheet that said the USMS considers the real hiring process to begin upon issuance of a TOL. After that, expect an average of 12 months to complete the rest of the steps. Add probably 4 months between interview and TOL, and you're looking at 16 months from interview to final offer. And that's likely a best case timeline.

I sympathize with fellow "old" applicants. I turned 38 this summer (have prior fed time). If I make it through the process, I will almost certainly be in my 40s by the time I get to the academy. Only silver lining is lower age adjusted PT standards!

Comment

• green_machine22
        green_machine22
        green_machine22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Age is just a number…I’m 41. The only difference going through an academy is treating it more like a marathon than a sprint.

• DoubleHaul
        DoubleHaul
        Forum Member
        DoubleHaul commented
        Editing a comment
        You got that right. I sprinted through my first academy at 24 and another one at 27. If I make it through this hiring process, it's marathon speed all the way.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175
        Forum Member
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I declined my TOL. Thought about it for a long time and I just don't have it in me to come back here for BDUSM course and drop to a GS-7. If I could go back in time, I would not have taken the first offer that came my way...now I'm at FLETC and all the agencies I applied to are hitting me up to move forward in the process. May seem counterintuitive but think hard about taking the first offer you get if you are not at risk of aging out and it isn't something you can absolutely see yourself doing for at least 5 years.

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist
        Forum Member
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC1175
        Forum Member
        NYC1175 You make a good point. When it comes time to make a decision about accepting an offer, I always consider if I'd be interested in staying with that agency for at least 3-5 years. I'm not in danger of aging out just yet, so I can be more particular when choosing to accept an offer.

I received an email about going to Boston for an information session. It would have been yesterday, but I had an interview with a different agency in a different city. Sigh. I would imagine that I'll have to wait until 2022 for another session.

Comment

Hey guys, just joined. I would like a little insight on the process here..

My timeline:

May: Attended Info Session
        July: Took the Written
        August: Passed the Written
        November: Passed Interview

How long until next step do you guys think?

**Currently a Philadelphia Police Officer.

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate
          Forum Member
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          I assume you received a TOL if you know you passed the interview. They'll generally schedule medical and BI if needed within a few weeks. Some people on here have seen lengthy delays at this point.

• Bbreezie
          Bbreezie
          Forum Member
          Bbreezie commented
          Editing a comment
          The process varies for everyone mine is:

Applied December 2020
          Referred Jan 2021
          TOL/ interview March 2021
          Medical completed May 2021
          Background cleared and adjudicated May 2021
          Radio silence since then. All we heard so far is 6 classes this new year

• Usmc061
          Usmc061
          Forum Member
          Usmc061 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get some kind of confirmation you passed the interview? Just waiting to hear back my results, I guess.

• D.Brown
          D.Brown
          Forum Member
          D.Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they inform you after the interview that you passed? Or did you receive a formal
          email already?

I don’t mind if I have to wait a while. I would like to just have some reassurance with an actual TOL.

Comment

My current timelie:

Info Session - 3/21
          Applied - 6/21
          Online Assessments - 6/21
          Notice of Referral for GS5 and GS7 - 7/21
          Structured Interview - 11/21

Comment

Hey all, Eastern District of PA is sending out emails for info sessions. Be on the lookout if you were on their recruitment list.

Comment

• jt1993
            jt1993
            Forum Member
            jt1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm on the western side of PA and the recruiter reached out and mentioned Dec/Jan for our Info Session. Obviously looking like January now.

Originally posted by CharlesCarte View Post
          Hey All, Been lurking a bit. Figured I would make an account to throw some more intel out there. Reading everyone's timelines has helped to maintain my motivation in this process, so here's mine:

Info session: October 2020
          App invite/ online assessments: Dec 2020
          Referral: Jan 2021
          Structured interview email: Feb 2021
          Structured interview: March 2021
          TOL/pre-employment forms (BI paperwork): Apr 2021
          Medical: May 2021
          Background: TBD, but may be done due to having a qualifying BI in the last year.
          PT: TBD
          FOL: TBD
          Academy Date: TBD

Stay Motivated!
          We have almost identical timeliness. I dif my Schedule B in San Antonio. Waiting on PT and Academy. Have two marshal friends they say "we'll get a pt call 90 days prior to academy".

Hope this helps some people..
          Good luck

Comment

Anyone on Eastern district of Virginia’s list? Just checking if there’s any new rumors out there.

Comment

• cmor5150
              cmor5150
              Forum Member
              cmor5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Any word on Central Florida?

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot
              Forum Member
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              Best option is to call districts in any region you’d be willing to travel to. The recruiting officer you call probably has info about other regions too.

• Stay Salty VB
              Stay Salty VB
              Forum Member
              Stay Salty VB commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told directly by HQ when I emailed them to not do that as they would remove you from both lists. Some new policy change they had. I may have misinterpreted but they were very specific I had to run through things by the Eastern District recruiter if I wanted in.if anyone in the know knows different, please let me know.

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot
              Forum Member
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              I've also heard that you can only be on one list now. In prior years, too many people were occupying multiple lists, and then obviously only going to one of the several info sessions they were offered.

I don't think there's any rule that they can enforce about calling different districts to gain info about upcoming info sessions. You could probably safely call around, see what's available, and then only sign up on the soonest or geographically closest info session.

I'm hearing that we are supposed to only go to information sessions in the area that we live. Any truth to that?
            Ser Oly
            Forum Member
            Last edited by Ser Oly; 12-19-2021, 12:13 AM.

Comment

May/2021 - Info Session in St. Louis
            June/2021 - Applied
            11/17 - Interviewed in Chicago

Anyone that interviewed in Chicago hear when or if we will be able to select preferential locations? I had heard that was done years prior during the paperwork portion of the interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2653 users online. 166 members and 2487 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X