Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an info session in SD 2 weeks ago. A buddy of mine attended.

Comment

• smokeybear83
      smokeybear83 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the one I was scheduled for but then they said it was cancelled…guess I should reach out to another district for better luck

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      The statement above is NOT true. There is no Info sessions scheduled as of now. Believe me I know.

Do u work in S/CA? Because what I stated is true! I have screenshot of the invitation, after the cancellation of the initial big event lol. Info sessions in SD occurred Sept 16 & 17….
    Last edited by shaun11; 10-04-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      Njw85
      It was confirmed they had an info session after they cancelled the first original. You pretty much had to email the recruiter back in order to get confirmed back. I know a few buddies who went. As I'm an applicant from 2020.

• smokeybear83
      smokeybear83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, that's annoying since the cancellation email said if you're already on the recruiting list there's no reason to reach back out to them. Guess it's back to waiting...
      Last edited by smokeybear83; 10-04-2021, 11:37 AM.

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Bbreezie

Not saying your wrong but I work for the USMS, closely with recruitment and that was not brought to my attention. But if was a event but it got canceled. You guys hang in there, I’m sure you’ll be hearing something soon. Be patient and be ready!!

Couple of things...

They are trying to push through a pile of academy classes in the coming year. 6-12 has been the word around the water cooler. That all is contingent on the usual stuff, funding, space, instructors, advisors, etc. So if you're in the process, things look good.

That being said, if you want to progress quicker, do your leg work. Get an SF-86 ready so you can plug stuff in, get your docs in order, and travel across the country for interviews, info sessions, etc.

Background slows people down big time. If you don't have your docs or references queued up, you will be doing the waiting game while others take your academy slot.

Lastly, it's been said before, but I will reiterate... USMS folks read these forums. The Tele-Deputy system makes or breaks your career. If you develop a rep of being a tool before even hitting the Academy... Well I hope you enjoy only working court till the end of time.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure having a TS clearance speeds up the process. If anything, it seems to slow it down compared to not having an existing BI, based on just anecdotal info on these forums. I had my tentative in early April 2021. There are several people who received offers a month later, who have gone through the full USMS BI/adjudication process successfully. I'm still waiting for my OPM TS-SCI to be adjudicated/reviewed.

• CaveDudeJeff
      CaveDudeJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      So the background is a bag of cats. So many variables that can jack up people's timelines. Basically, they will check to see if your last adjudication was done up to the level required for the USMS. Technically, you can receive a TS without getting the most thorough BI. The full blown one where they go three deep on your references is the one you need for USMS. It also has had to have been done in the recent past. Further, if you had extensive travel, lived abroad, references weren't picking up calls, etc can delay all that getting done. Plus, you have to ask for reciprocity. I had to guide my HR person to water when I was getting on boarded.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      @winterpatriot it did for me. They accepted my current BI from my current agency

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Only six for now but could be more the following year.

Got an email today warning me to expect a medical email.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. When did you get your tentative offer letter? I did my medical in May 2021 and haven't heard anything yet.

• BPVAFED
      BPVAFED commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the same email yesterday, now I am constantly checking it. Been waiting since 2018.

• BPVAFED
      BPVAFED commented
      Editing a comment
      TOL 2/18/2020
      Medical 3/5/2020
      Drug 3/8/2020
      Background 1/29/2021

Hoping I hear something before Jan 2022, otherwise that background will also expire.

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Winter_Patriot back in June or July 2020.

I have my interview in a few weeks and would love some tips on what questions/where to find similar questions they may or may not ask during the interview? I have been searching multiple threads on this site for answers, but can't seem to find any. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      Search US Marshal Deputy preparation guide, there should be a link from usmarshal.gov about the types of questions they ask, the interview portion of that pdf start on pg 4. Their questions mirror their prep guide fairly well.
      Last edited by Yak; 10-07-2021, 07:04 AM.

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      When I went through I was taken aback by the interview, as it was much more similar to a corporate America type interview than a law enforcement one. Questions like "describe a time you had limited resources and overcame a difficult situation", teamwork type questions, etc.

But this was 5-6 years ago so no clue if that is still the situation.

Any update on an information session in the NYC/NJ area?

Comment

Which offices in yhe country can I email to get into Schedule B?

Comment

• Jrod26
        Jrod26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Word on the street is that now you can only attend a schedule b session through your “local” recruiter.
        Last edited by Jrod26; 10-07-2021, 07:36 PM.

• DocHolidayFan
        DocHolidayFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I'll be emailing them tomorrow.

Has anyone who got referred over the summer been contacted about an interview? I was referred on August 10, but no updates since then. I know two months isn't a long time, just curious if anyone else has had any movement.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleHaul View Post
        Has anyone who got referred over the summer been contacted about an interview? I was referred on August 10, but no updates since then. I know two months isn't a long time, just curious if anyone else has had any movement.
        Same referral date and no movement either.

Comment

Has anyone contacted the marshals to figure out what step is next after getting referred to the hiring manager?

Comment

• ranger things
            ranger things commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't contact them, but a month after I was referred they sent an email to schedule the interview.

Yeah I already did the interview in OKC. I’m waiting on tentative offer letter.

Comment

• ranger things
            ranger things commented
            Editing a comment
            Then there you go. Just gotta wait.

• Smoke23
            Smoke23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you had any other communication with HR after the referral? They emailed me to provide transcripts, VA letter, DD214, about 2 weeks ago, which all of those documents were already attached to my initial application. Haven’t heard anything else

Just a heads up for anyone else who was waiting--this morning I received an email about scheduling an interview. They're holding them next month in Chicago and St. Louis. (I was referred on August 10 as a part of the FY21Q3 group.)

Comment

Any word on the January class?

Comment

Will there be an information session in Florida before the end of 2021?

Comment

• illini372
                illini372 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you call all of the Florida field offices? I’d start there. That’s how most here got into an info session. Just straight up calling and asking for a recruiter.

So I finally got an invitation for a New England Information Session (southern CT). What should I expect? The e-mail didn’t specify I had to bring anything.

Comment

• Octavianus
                Octavianus commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey bro, did they say if you guys will have an interview on the same day? If so, take your drivers license and another identification such as your social security card. If it is only an information session I'm not sure what you have to take with you. When I had my info session and interview (they were on the same day), candidates could not bring anything that did not fit in their pockets (no resumes, sunglasses, folders, etc.). Hope it helps, good luck!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2235 users online. 133 members and 2102 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X