300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

…..delete this one
    Last edited by FORMER_USBP; 08-26-2021, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Check your email guys, just got an email with instructions for when the announcement opens

Comment

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello,

I e-mailed my local recruiter and sent my resume but I never received a response. Any idea how I can get started? I’m in the New England (North East) area.

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        **To clarify my post: The email I'm talking about was only sent to people that attended the Oklahoma info session and interview**

And to answer your question, sometimes it take a while for recruiters to respond, but it might be worth to send a follow up email asking if they can place you on a waiting list for the next info session or even if they received your first email.

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Any advice on the assessment? How long does it generally take?

Comment

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d suggest studying punctuation, capitalization and other grammar rules as the USMS study guide suggests. The rest is pretty standard to other federal agencies. It doesn’t take too long.

Does anyone know how long after applying do we get tentative offers?

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        It varies, but right now it could be 6-9 months. Everything's jacked up w/ the COVID backlog

I'm still waiting for an information session.

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Covid? It’s a damn shame we stop everything. That’s why I love being in Texas.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd highly encourage people to get on the San Diego list if you're not already on it. There may not be any more info sessions rest of this fiscal year, and for awhile next fiscal year. With 500-600 candidates at that info session, that may obviate the need for additional info sessions into the first part of FY 2022.

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried getting on the list, but they never got back to me.

• az109er
        az109er commented
        Editing a comment
        The San Diego session was cancelled due to Covid.

Does anyone know if there is a information session on the east coast? I live in NC and wanted to see if anyone has some info.

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone simply reach out to the recruiters in the district of choice via email. It’s that simple.

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who says some of us didn't? I did, twice, starting weeks ago and then again about two weeks ago. What's wrong with using this informational forum to see if anyone else has heard anything?

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        Your profile says you already work for the USMS…your leadership, in your district, has knowledge of all upcoming info sessions.
        Last edited by CPK_MLE; 09-02-2021, 01:05 PM.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can also reach out to any district you would be willing to travel to. I went to a session in another state and just made it a trip to see my mom. Got lucky that my interview was only 30 minutes from my apartment.

Edit: do not add your resume to the email (DUSM in the comment below said it won’t make any difference)
      Last edited by Octavianus; 10-04-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Aseyesee
        Aseyesee commented
        Editing a comment
        Do not attach resumes when you inquire for information sessions with district recruiters. They cannot accept them. Just express your interest and provide good contact information. Recruiting is a collateral duty for DUSMs so it may take a while for an email response.

Went to the info session here in Chicago back in May, here is my timeline:

info sesh: may 2021
      invite to apply: July 2021
      Notice of Referral: Aug 2021

anyone else from Chicago at a similar or further step?

Comment

• Smoke23
        Smoke23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you do your interview at the same time as info session?
        I would assess getting NOR a week or so after closing date, then just basically medical and pt after that (current FLEO with TS/SCI/SSBI)

OKC Interview & Info: 8/10/21
        Notice of OPM invite: 8/26/21
        Invitation letter: 8/29/21
        Open application period: 8/30-9/8, applied and written assessment on 8/30.

• ranger things
        ranger things commented
        Editing a comment
        Smoke23 wow, you've done in 1 month what took me about 6 months. So dope.

• Smoke23
        Smoke23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Definitely seems like they have improved/streamlined the process. Now, it’s just a matter of getting to the academy. I’m in no hurry either, I’m at a good spot to wait it out.
        Last edited by Smoke23; 09-03-2021, 10:22 PM.

Originally posted by CarrasquilloJ89 View Post
      Does anyone know if there is a information session on the east coast? I live in NC and wanted to see if anyone has some info.
      i have reached out to my local guy (eastern district of VA) and HQ just to put my contact info out there, both have said none currently planned at least in the capital area. Heard rumors something may happen late fall/winter in RE hiring so just standby best you can.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Call around to other districts. I made a couple dozen calls last fall before landing in an info session. It really depends on whether or not each region has info sessions planned.

I’m anxiously waiting to hear from USMS in regards to a tentative offer letter. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Smoke23
        Smoke23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too!!!! I bet it’ll come shortly after it closes on USAJOBS.

Are you still in TX? Any preference on location?

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I’m still in Texas. During the interview I asked them if I would be able to go to the southern border. They said it would be no problem at all and to just let HR know I’m trying to go to a hard to fill location.

Reached out to check on status of application and was sent the following: Thank you for your inquiry. We are in the process of conducting qualifications reviews. It will be several weeks before notification of results and referral status are sent to applicants. Kindly,

Comment

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, brother.

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it’s hurry up and wait. We probably won’t hear anything until the new year if that.

• Octavianus
        Octavianus commented
        Editing a comment
        Go check your email brother!

Check your email, guys! I just got notice that I'm eligible and referred to GL-7. Beyond excited!

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too referred for GL-5 and GL-7.

• Smoke23
        Smoke23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too, GL-7.

Same here, received the notification last night.

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
        FORMER_USBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully we will get our tentative offers soon.

First time post here. Recently received letter of notice/letter of referral. I was not referred for hiring for GL7 but was “tentatively eligible” and referred for GL5. Anyone have any clarification on the “tentative” part? Seems ambiguous or maybe I’m just thinking too much into it.

Also, can’t really find the main duties/responsibilities difference between GL7/GL5. Is it just a pay difference? Any clarification on that would be appreciated. Good luck all, hope everyone got the response they were wanting!

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re thinking too much into it. It’s tentative because you still need to pass medical/BI/PT.

GL-5 vs 7 is just a different starting salary. No difference in duties.

• Ascend19
        Ascend19 commented
        Editing a comment
        figured as much, thanks Checkmate.

Anyone that attended the San Diego information session hear anything back yet?
      Last edited by Srok1; 10-03-2021, 05:47 PM. Reason: Clarification of question needed.

Comment

• smokeybear83
        smokeybear83 commented
        Editing a comment
        They cancelled that info session and I haven’t heard anything yet about rescheduling for this region.

• Srok1
        Srok1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They actually cancelled the interview, however, some people were invited to attend the Information Session in SD. I think for some reason, a lot of people were not invited to the information session.

• smokeybear83
        smokeybear83 commented
        Editing a comment
        The original email specified one week in September in which info sessions would be held. The same day of the info session you would fill out an applicant questionnaire and certain people would complete a structured interview. After I picked times I was available I received a confirmation. A few days later they sent an email which specified the whole event was cancelled due to Covid and that another email would be sent out when a new info session is scheduled.

Unless there was an info session in SD earlier this year, as I didn't get onto the interest list until June.
        Last edited by smokeybear83; 10-03-2021, 06:43 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2272 users online. 136 members and 2136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X