Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attended an info session in March. I got invited to apply/take the exams in June and was referred last week to advance in the process. Just waiting on the email for the structured interview. Good luck to all applicants

Comment

I’m hoping this question could be answered by someone here.. if you attend an info session in San Diego, does that mean you would likely work there if hired?

Also, does a GS7 Deputy get LEAP fresh into their assignment?

I’ve been looking at the pay for that grade and it’s concerning. How can someone afford to live on that pay in San Diego.

im a local cop in the Portland OR metro area. Although the cost of living is high, the pay is excellent and it affords my family a quality life.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        No guarantee of getting hired at the place you attended the info session. Also, no LEAP until you hit GS-11.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        It's looking like San Diego and Oklahoma are the places in need of DUSMs now, good chance you'd end up there even if you attended your info session elsewhere.

When I went to the SD info session, I was told that I'd almost certainly end up in that region, and that there was a good chance (but no guarantee) of being hired into that particular district.

• Forester87
        Forester87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it possible to retain your grade from a different agency? If not, what is the highest starting grade? GL-07 or GL-09?

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        No, and 7 is highest. But if you are coming from a higher GS pay, they will step the 7 to the appropriate step or as close as possible.

Well, info session December of 2020, all tests and qualified for a g/5. Interviewed July 1st 2021, and got an email yesterday informing me that I “failed” my interview and am unable to re apply for one year following the interview. 9 f-ing months in the process, and have to wait a year to start all over again. I’m very upset about this. Any loop holes anyone knows of to get back into the first step again? I’m very upset

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to wait the year.

• lttess
        lttess commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you think it looks better on me for re applying come next year? I’ll have more school under my belt at that point.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you made it to the interview, your qualifications were probably good. The issue might be the actual interview, so I'd try to pinpoint what you thought might be weak points and work on those.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Attend an info session for every separate vacancy announcement you can. So FY 2022 begins in October 2021. Not sure if the one year timer starts from when you applied, when you interviewed, or when you got the notice. I wouldn't be upset -- fed govt. hiring is notoriously slow, it's nothing personal.

Does someone know if there are info sessions coming up in any of the northeastern states?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Reach out to all the NE districts with your resume and they should be able to tell you.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want the job, get into the first info session you can. It's possible that the region you want has already finished all its info sessions for the current fiscal year. Your odds are better if you can get into an info session for FY 2021. You can attend a separate info session in FY 2022 (if it's a separate vacancy announcement than the current one). I was on the info session waitlist in TX, NC, and CA. I went to the first info session I could attend even though I had to pay for my own airfare.

• Forester87
        Forester87 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess that I'll keep trying for districts that a further away. I'm on the contact for multiple surrounding districts.

Originally posted by Forester87 View Post
      Is it possible to retain your grade from a different agency? If not, what is the highest starting grade? GL-07 or GL-09?
      Gs-7 step 10 is the highest you can start at with prior fed service.

Comment

• USMC86
        USMC86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Let say you start at GS-7, Step 10. Do you get a grade level increase the following year to GS-9, step 10? Or how does it work for the following year’s pay increase?

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        USMC86, it would be dependent on the previous grade you held in terms of what your 9 step would be. But the previously held grade is used throughout your promotions. So if you were a 12/1, you'd be 7/10, 9/10, 11/6 (or whatever step is correct), etc.

Winter patriot out of curiosity how many info sessions have you attended? Does that start another hiring process for a different fiscal year?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I only attended one, last fall. I was on the list for a few different districts. I didn't want to take up more than one info session spot (and there's no benefit anyway if it's the same vacancy announcement), so I withdrew from the other couple districts that offered me an info session. Now it seems to be that you're only allowed to be on one list at a time.

I'm guessing that it's a new vacancy announcement in FY 2022, but not sure. HR suggested that to me.

• Gabulldogs88
        Gabulldogs88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke to HRD recently and they said do not go to more than one info session a year. Or you will get withdrawn.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        One info session per fiscal year, which is per vacancy announcement as I understand it. Even if you could attend two in the same year, you only have one entry in the same applicant pool.

You used to be able to be on multiple lists for info session invites. That was a method to getting in sooner, instead of waiting for an info session invite that might never come. It sounds like most districts only allow you on one list now.

Has anyone attended the information session in OKC this week? If so, does the “applicant questionnaire” include the written assessment?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Written assessment is done online and will be emailed to you via a link. You'll have a certain amount of time to complete it.

• SFTB26
        SFTB26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, thank you. They are conducting interviews the same day as the information session and figured the written assessment would come first.

I've been lurking for a bit, but I thought I'd post my timeline after getting my notice of referral today.

Info session - May 2021
      Application - July 2021
      Written assessment - July 2021
      Notice of referral for GL-7 - August 2021

Good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

Got an email from HRD asking for my official educational transcript. I guess unofficial isn’t good enough anymore. Maybe we will get TOL’s soon for those waiting.

info session: December 2020
        Application: January 2021
        assessment: February 2021
        referred: February 2021
        rescheduled interview: June 2021

Comment

Hey All, Been lurking a bit. Figured I would make an account to throw some more intel out there. Reading everyone's timelines has helped to maintain my motivation in this process, so here's mine:

Info session: October 2020
          App invite/ online assessments: Dec 2020
          Referral: Jan 2021
          Structured interview email: Feb 2021
          Structured interview: March 2021
          TOL/pre-employment forms (BI paperwork): Apr 2021
          Medical: May 2021
          Background: TBD, but may be done due to having a qualifying BI in the last year.
          PT: TBD
          FOL: TBD
          Academy Date: TBD

Stay Motivated!

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing. Did your medical clear yet? MIne hasn't, as of today. My BI is pending reciprocity processing now. I'm guessing that's the same as adjudication. It's weird to me how fast some brand new BIs apparently move, but reciprocity at least in my case is taking forever. Maybe the people conducting new BIs are different than the ones who adjudicate the BI results.
            Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 08-19-2021, 10:58 AM.

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost identical timeline here as well. No word back from medical yet but I have several medical histories that I am 100% sure will require additional documentation from doctors/clearance letters.

• ELleo215
            ELleo215 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do they notify you when your medical is cleared or is that something you have to email them about? And is it the same for the BI?

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            In their generic email replies, HRD says they will update you when you clear a step or if they need documentation.

There are applicants here who were cleared without being told. There's a couple who stayed pending six months on the medical because they needed to send documents, which HRD didn't request.

Winter_Patriot I've had some correspondence from QTC about it. the last they stated that they had received my medical paperwork and it was being reviewed by the team . I'm not expecting any issues, so I can only assume that its cleared

ELleo215 Any fed job that I've had or processed through has never explicitly sent me any notification that my medical was good. they typically just reach out when something is wrong or extra paperwork is needed for (insert issue here). Same with the BI. After the interview they typically go radio silent unless they need clarification on something. Even then, I've only been contacted once for a follow up and everything seemed set. The investigators don't know if you've been cleared or not, its up to someone else. There should be an email address you can reach out to for status checks, but they can take a while to respond. Its a huge waiting game.

Comment

• ELleo215
            ELleo215 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that makes sense. I only heard from the place that I did my medical exam at because when my medical paperwork was being reviewed there was one section I missed. I just wasn’t sure how people were finding out they had finished a certain step. I’m guessing waiting for the Fitness test is the longest wait as it seems like you do that when you are close to going to the academy. But I’m just assuming that based on what I’ve read on these threads.

It's been two months since the interview. Is it worth reaching out to them for an update?

Comment

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yak I also got the email asking for transcripts. The FLETC question is a good one though and I never really thought it through. I am basically keeping my application open until I can no longer do so because of obligations with another agency. I also have an interview with the ATF coming up next week, so there's that too. Worst case, I gained experience with the first few steps for each agency so I know what to expect if I apply in the future.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Same issue about postponing the process for me. I was at a point where I had to decide to continue my national guard service or not. I realized that the process would get very jammed up I was in training during the March interviews. They said they’d accommodate my military training (seven months worth possibly) but I wasn’t confident in that. I decided to separate from the service so I’d be better able to be in the USMS process.

• Gabulldogs88
            Gabulldogs88 commented
            Editing a comment
            NYY1175, did you reach out about an update?

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Gabulldogs88 I did not. I saw some of the timelines on here, and it seems the wait is par for the course. I didn't wanna look too pushy either.

I had my interview at an info session in Oklahoma City. Does anyone know how long it takes before you receive an email to notify if failed or passed? Last time I failed the interview and got the results the next day via email. This time I interviewed on August 12 and haven’t heard anything.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            No news is good news at this point. Supposedly the ineligible emails go out before the tentative offers. I got my TOL about 3 weeks after interviewing.

• Octavianus
            Octavianus commented
            Editing a comment
            I had my interview on the 13th and I'm in the same boat. It's a waiting game now brother

• Smoke23
            Smoke23 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was there also and was told 1-2 weeks before being notified on the next steps.

• ranger things
            ranger things commented
            Editing a comment
            Smoke23 its been typically 1 month exactly between most steps for me. I'd say it averages at 1.25 months for the next step.

Last edited by jamesch20; 08-19-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Check your emails. Just got notice of when to expect OPM Invite to take the online assessment and for “official application”

OKC Interview and Info session - 10 Aug 21

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
              FORMER_USBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here.

• Octavianus
              Octavianus commented
              Editing a comment
              Same. Do you guys think that means we “passed” the interview then?

• FORMER_USBP
              FORMER_USBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4722 users online. 306 members and 4416 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X