300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMS Schedule B 2021

There is a lot of good information in the other hiring threads. However, I wanted to create this thread because there also seems to be a lot of good information shared amongst the specific groups.

I am attending an information session in South Dakota. I heard there may have already been a couple of others that have taken place.

Does anyone know if there are any information sessions in districts surrounding D.C. in March or April? I contacted the D.C. District, but they had just recently held a session.

Comment

• OutofRoll
      OutofRoll commented
      Editing a comment
      Hold on tight. The ride will start again
      Last edited by OutofRoll; 02-28-2021, 11:50 PM.

Is this the same vacancy announcement as the 2020 Schedule B info sessions? Trying to figure out if there's any advantage to going to a new info session. If it's the same vacancy announcement, there's no advantage in going to a second session.

Comment

I attended an info session in October of 2020. Besides the courteously email a month ago saying "you are continuing in the process" its been radio silence over here. I'm also curious if attending another info session would help my chances.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Winter_Patriot makes sense, thanks!

• JasonIVAR
        JasonIVAR commented
        Editing a comment
        so I'm in the same situation as you are but went in Nov of 2020 to my info session. i just contacted my recruiter and he told me they were conducting interviews and to watch for an email. I find it weird that they haven't asked for any type of real info like resume, transcripts, DD214 or take any tests yet.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        JasonIVAR the USMS hiring method seems to be different in each district. We were told that the online application and assessment would come first, and getting an interview is contingent on us passing the online assessment. Which district was your info session in? I might shoot an email to my district just to get an update.

• JasonIVAR
        JasonIVAR commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the Utah district.

Kicking up some information
      -December 2020 information session
      - February 2021 assessments and submission of resume
      - Very early March notification of referral.

now...? I’ve got crickets

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't sweat it. I was in the first wave for the 2020 info session and it took two months between the referral and the interview. You probably won't hear something until at least May or June is my guess. That doesn't reflect negatively on your application.

• JasonIVAR
        JasonIVAR commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my info session in Nov 2020 only have received an email i am still in the recruiting process in Jan 2021. i contacted the recruiter i went threw and he said they have started interviews and to watch for a email.

Has anyone ever went to an info session then months later to an interview?

My recruiter said they've started interviews but i haven't given any info but the info they asked for at the info session or taken any writing tests.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        These would be the next steps:
        1) being invited for apply on USAJobs.gov
        2) taking the online assessments
        3) referral
        4) interview

Does anyone know the average time from information session to the application invite?

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Historically it's been 30-60 days (roughly) in the past few years for schedule B hiring.

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, thank you for the reply.

Contacted Western PA recruiter. On the info session list, however, no timeline for the next info session.

Comment

Just got an email for the interview today.

information session March 3.
        interview email March 31.

Comment

• ranger things
          ranger things commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you done the online assessment already? If not it looks like they're returning to the original hiring format, which is probably good news.

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did for the 2020 recent graduate announcement, however, I didn’t get the link to apply so I assume you are right. Why is this better?

• ranger things
          ranger things commented
          Editing a comment
          Not necessarily better, but if they're returning to the original format I would assume it has to do with the removal of certain COVID restrictions.. so hopefully that means eventually returning to the original size and number of FLETC classes sooner than later

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Copy that, someone else mentioned something similar. Thanks for the information.

Anyone here from the October 2020 EDNY info session? It's like they completely forgot about this info session. I'm in contact with 4 people from the one I attended, and besides the courtesy email in January, it's been radio silence.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4722 users online. 260 members and 4462 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X