Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been pretty quiet lately. Anybody get any good news the past week?

Comment

• CECE7985
      CECE7985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting, if favorable guess wont be until next yrs class

• KMAN1084
      KMAN1084 commented
      Editing a comment
      crickets. I've got everything done, but no word at all.

Made the referral list for GS-7. Have they ever offered an IOI position with pay matching? I’d be coming down from a 12 for this.
    USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
    13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
    16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
    08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
    19Mar21 TOL Received
    16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical
    09Jun21 Medical Accomplished

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied
    18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
    05Jun21 PTT & SA Exam accomplished (PASS/PASS)
    16Aug21 Interviewed (PASS)
    10Sep21 Candidate Letter Received for GL-5 (ATF Portal)

Comment

• Buckeyeguy
      Buckeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Same thing here. I received 7 step 10 and they say I'll continue to recover pay as I progress. 9 step 10, etc until I hit my highest previous rate.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      If they don’t offer a 7/xx with actual matching to GS-12 right away I’ll likely turn it down. That’s like a 50% pay cut and years to recoup lost income.

• Buckeyeguy
      Buckeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. The best I could do is what I described. I'll get back to even in two years. It's worth it to me, but everyone's situation is different.

• Moolpas
      Moolpas commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm confused, but you're going through the USMS as a GL-05 and ATF SA as GS-07. You do know that the USMS doesn't get their LEAP and 1811 pay till GS-11. I'm done with the USMS process(referred as maxed out GS-07), just waiting for the academy, but most likely I won't take it because I don't want to go through another academy. Also, you can't beat non competitive up to GS-13.

Not referred this time around despite being referred earlier this year and interviewing for the position. Oh well that's the federal government for you.

Comment

• KMAN1084
      KMAN1084 commented
      Editing a comment
      Was that the message from the most recent announcement? or the FEB one?

• Code12911
      Code12911 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same as you

• TheDilemna
      TheDilemna commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Referred and interviewed prior, but not this time. Will see what happens

Deleted message
    Last edited by LadyKiller; 08-23-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Quick turnaround. They hit me up for an interview today. Same POC, same interview location as I just did for ATF SA a couple of weeks ago.

Decided to pass on IOI. So cool to see such a fast process though. Good luck to the rest of you.
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical
      09Jun21 Medical Accomplished

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
      05Jun21 PTT & SA Exam accomplished (PASS/PASS)
      16Aug21 Interviewed (PASS)
      10Sep21 Candidate Letter Received for GL-5 (ATF Portal)

Comment

Saw this IOI job on USA jobs. Seems like a cool gig. Saw better work life balance and gs12-13 in 4-5 years can’t beat.

anyone know when the non disabled vet announcement (open to public) may open? I’m not a disabled veteran. I am in LE but thinking about getting out.

I’m guessing people who applied and got qualified but not referred because they aren’t disabled vets? You think they will still maybe give you an interview or push you along?

thank you
        Last edited by LEOsarge; 09-07-2021, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Code12911
          Code12911 commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely, apply you never know!!

• LEOsarge
          LEOsarge commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the clarification LadyKiller!

How often does this job open to the public without disabilities? I’ve heard more gun control maybe coming where ATF IOI have to do 3 checks a year on gun shops not just 1. Could produce more investigators.

Thanks

• my93rx7tt
          my93rx7tt commented
          Editing a comment
          Referred. Haven't been contacted for interview. Heard there was one vacancy at the location i applied for.

• LEOsarge
          LEOsarge commented
          Editing a comment
          my93rx7tt did you apply with a disability or tried your luck?

Hello all
        i have an interview today, my only questions is about the write up portion. Do you have to write about yourself or they give you a topic? Thank you guys

Comment

how was the interview process?
          Last edited by dangerr101; 09-22-2021, 02:33 AM.

Comment

I think it went pretty well, I can’t tell you what questions they asked but honestly it’s not as hard as thought it was going to be. Also they two guy who was part of the interview were kind and had a relax type attitude.

Comment

Any insight on how the job is? Daily duites?

Comment

• SDM8492
                SDM8492 commented
                Editing a comment
                Former IOI here. Easy gig with GS-13 journeyman. Take home GOV for field work and lots of tele-work (pre-COVID).

The primary activities IOIs conduct are qualification inspections which is the final step for those applying to obtain a FFL/FEL. This is essentially a rubber stamp and education exercise to bring the applicant up to speed with what is required of them by the Federal Government.

The other primary activity is compliance inspections in which we would go to a FFL/FEL with no notice and conduct a complete audit of the licensee's paperwork and product (# of firearms/explosives). Other duties included seminars to the public and other LE agencies of Federal firearms/explosives laws, inspections of government explosives facilities, and self-audits of ATF functions. Be prepared as new guy to answer the IO office phone line for random questions from the public.

• dangerr101
                dangerr101 commented
                Editing a comment
                May I ask why you left?

How is morale for employees?

• LEOsarge
                LEOsarge commented
                Editing a comment
                SDM8492 - seems like a perfect job and work life balance coming from a LEO position. Giving up gun and badge kinda hard but Long hours bad days off etc. takes a toll. Also missing important life events.

Hopefully they open to public soon.

Thanks for the insight

Has anyone been offered a position from the Schedule A announcement?

Comment

• TheDilemna
                TheDilemna commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope, no movement that I’ve noticed. Have you heard anything?

• DaaBears
                DaaBears commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I had my interview on Sept 14th, my fingerprints were done on the 20th. And just received my tentative offer yesterday. I finished all documents and sent them back this morning. It appears as if they are expediting this group of new hires. They told me the next training class was in January.

• TAnd44
                TAnd44 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome, glad to hear, and congrats on the offer. I also received an offer a few weeks ago. Sent in the initial paperwork, but haven’t heard anything since.

DaaBears do you mind if I ask what region of the U.S. you interviewed in?

Comment

• DaaBears
                DaaBears commented
                Editing a comment
                I interviewed for the New York region

• LadyKiller
                LadyKiller commented
                Editing a comment
                DO IOI's move around alot, or have opportunity for transfer?
                Last edited by LadyKiller; 09-28-2021, 06:34 PM.

• SDM8492
                SDM8492 commented
                Editing a comment
                LadyKiller - No unless you put in for it. GS-13 paid moves are generally to hard-to-fill locations. GS-14/15 are competitive supervisory and come with a paid move.

DaaBears congrats on the tentative offer. Did you apply to the job announcement that was only for schedule A (Job announcement number 21-ATFMER-001-JMR)? Was wondering when and if they are pulling applicants. Thanks

Comment

New announcement… still schedule A. I applied for last listing… I’m not schedule A trying my luck with my LEO background. Way more locations opened up.

Comment

I interview little over 2 weeks now, has anyone heard anything about it, selection letters yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3791 users online. 268 members and 3523 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X