Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEA Special Agent recruitment amidst pandemic.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA Special Agent recruitment amidst pandemic.

I was wondering if someone could tell me whether DEA is currently receiving and processing Special Agent applicants given the climate. I was told somewhere that there had been a hiring freeze and no application processing would be occurring however I was not sure whether to trust that information.

Side question is if there are certain recruiting regions which are not processing applications, is it possible to apply through a recruiting district outside of your closest region? for example If I was in New Jersey but that region was not processing anyone would it be possible to apply through Miami? Any information is appreciated.

Originally posted by Noah P View Post
    I was wondering if someone could tell me whether DEA is currently receiving and processing Special Agent applicants given the climate. I was told somewhere that there had been a hiring freeze and no application processing would be occurring however I was not sure whether to trust that information.

Side question is if there are certain recruiting regions which are not processing applications, is it possible to apply through a recruiting district outside of your closest region? for example If I was in New Jersey but that region was not processing anyone would it be possible to apply through Miami? Any information is appreciated.
    Not sure about ‘new applications,’ but I applied through BA2019-2 and just got my location preference list this week. They r still hiring folks and seems like they r pushing on.

Comment

• Noah P
      Noah P commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good news. What region are you out of?

Your mileage will vary with DEA, some of the offices are very good about contacting you for certain steps. Other offices you will go through months or even years without hearing anything. You're supposed to process at the office that is nearest your current address, unless you move you wouldn't be able to go through everything at another office. There's a lot of moving parts so HQ, and field offices aren't always on the same page.

Comment

In my recent experience, the Louisville office has been chugging along pretty well, comparatively of course.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4761 users online. 317 members and 4444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X