Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fed agencies (1811)are open to apply now?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fed agencies (1811)are open to apply now?

Which fed agencies are open to apply right now? Criminal investigator positions? I see Dea and FBI

Do a search on USAjobs for 1811 positions. If it's schedule B hiring you have to contact the agent directly I think.

Comment

Like 9L81 said, do a USAJobs.gov search for the series.

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Resul...=startdate&p=1

Comment

USSS, FBI, DEA.

Those are the ones that are almost always recruiting and you're best chance of getting in. With DEA, you have to go through their website and fill out forms manually and email them to a recruiter (you may have to find a recruiter first, I can't recall for sure).

NCIS, IRS, AFOSI, ATF, HSI recruit every now and then. Keep an eye on these forums to seem when a new posting pops up (easier than checking their websites constantly imo).

Comment

Thanks guys. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on HSI or Marshalls

Comment

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            HSI might have an announcement in the next month, maybe. The U.S. Marshals Service require you to attend an event prior to applying, AFAIK.

My homepage has a link to a continuously updated 1811 vacancy link. It is one of the easiest ways to see what is currently out there on one summary page.

-SA Blog
          www.specialagents.org

Comment

Ones that have been open for a while: FBI and DEA. DEA keeps extending their opening and the FBI keeps artificially inflating the number of results that pop up on USA jobs (why they post on USA jobs when they have the FBI jobs website is beyond me). DEA is schedule B hiring so you have to reach out to a recruiter and fill out the paperwork. With DEA your success will vary depending on the field office you apply out of, my friend hasn't heard anything for over a year since re-applying at the DC office.

USSS usually has a yearly announcement on USA jobs. USMS you have to contact a recruiter and get an info session and go from there (their process is easily the most disorganized).

NCIS: I have not seen openings for them in a few years. They use USA jobs like the others.

ATF: They use schedule B hiring, and I believe the announcement is ongoing.

AFOSI: Announcements sometimes get posted on USA jobs. If I recall correctly the announcement will re-direct you to their site where you fill out paperwork and send it off. Last opening for them was about a year or so ago.

USPIS: They will post their openings on their inspection site. Due to the corona virus it sounds like their academy is on indefinite hold. Last time they took anyone was a lateral announcement for people who were already special agents.

Comment

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              USSS basically have permanent announcements like the FBI now. Assuming because people leave as soon as they can.

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Ncis had an opening in January of this year, they don’t post on USAjobs so is hard to keep track on when they are open for hiring.

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              NCIS you have to monitor their Facebook page. They usually announcement an opening 1 week to 1 month ahead of when it will be open, then the application process is through their website.

AFOSI's announcement (GS-13) on USAJOBS expired I think, but it's still open on their website. With their high turnover rate and the building up of Space Force, they need to hire more agents.

One of the more obscure three letter agencies is hiring: the Development Finance Corporation. What exactly does the DFC do? I don't really know...

Impress the babes with that badge, fellas.

USAJOBS - Job Announcement
            Quickness is the essence of war.

-Sun Tzu

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              First time I ever heard about this agency.

If you can’t do that search yourself maybe the job isn’t you in the first place.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't fault someone for asking the question once. Federal hiring is cryptic at best. Many jobs aren't posted on USAJobs.gov. You either have to go to individual agency sites or regularly talk to other applicants. To make it worse, some agencies (like the USMS) refer you back to USAJobs.gov, and you wouldn't know about schedule B hiring unless you got ahold of a recruiter.

USSS looks to be a revolving door...64 percent retention failure within 5 years? What?

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably because new agents are forced to move to DC for protection detail. And some transfer or leave before that happens.

• mih pihsrow
              mih pihsrow commented
              Editing a comment
              Its mainly due to the travel demand. Agents typically spend more time away from home traveling, doing protection details. Thats what i was told by several USSS Agents.

Originally posted by P.I.D.I01 View Post
            If you can’t do that search yourself maybe the job isn’t you in the first place.
            *for you

Comment

• P.I.D.I01
              P.I.D.I01 commented
              Editing a comment
              No I actually meant in you because, you’ll have to do lots of research on cases in which the initial effort has to be put forth by you. But I’m not going to make this a ****ing grammar contest. I’m on the job good luck hope you get hired as well.

Does anyone know which agency has the quickest hiring process? Or are they all around a year?

Comment

• silvas006
              silvas006 commented
              Editing a comment
              I just finished a USMS information sessions and they said their timeline is 18-25 months. I know they’re not at 1811 until GS11. I seen a post on here of a guy that did the USSS process in 6 months. I’m in the process with FBI SS and USMS

• Calitown
              Calitown commented
              Editing a comment
              Depends on the prior background and more importantly the type of clearance. Normally the military guys with current TS clearances from counter intel/CID get in these 1811 positions quick. Talking about in a matter of months. For the rest, it really depends.

• SDM8492
              SDM8492 commented
              Editing a comment
              Some small/niche agencies have really quick hiring processes. Dependent on your background and current security clearance (if any) of course. I won the 1811 lottery and between interview to CITP start date was 4 months.

Prior to that however I was in the hiring process for a non-LE 1801 gig for 16 months. Its a marathon and not a sprint. From my military and college classmates who went 1811 USSS and FBI were the quickest average from street to seat.

• mih pihsrow
              mih pihsrow commented
              Editing a comment
              from what ive gathered the USSS is the fastest (12 months roughly). ATF has gotten it down to roughly 18 months which is a lot faster than what it use to be.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4763 users online. 316 members and 4447 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X