300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSI 1811 Lateral Hire Announcement

Just noticed this law enforcement website mentioned something about a new HSI 1811 Lateral Hiring Announcement on their home page. The website says its supposed to be posted to USA Jobs next week so keep an eye out, they usually don't get posted for long.

Found it here, https://www.specialagents.org/

USSS, say goodbye to a couple hundred agents soon....
    Quickness is the essence of war.

-Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
      USSS, say goodbye to a couple hundred agents soon....
      USSS, DSS, FAMS already flee those agencies to HSI at the sacrifice of busting to a 9. Imagine only busting to a 12 for one year.

Probably be one of the final nails in the coffin for FAMS getting absorbed by HSI.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• CoastalCop1811
        CoastalCop1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        FAMS won't be eligible if it is an 1811 lateral posting.

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Probably be one of the final nails in the coffin for FAMS getting absorbed by HSI.
      Just curious: What's your thought process there?

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

USSS, DSS, FAMS already flee those agencies to HSI at the sacrifice of busting to a 9. Imagine only busting to a 12 for one year.

FAMS are not 1811...so that doesn’t make sense really.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, they're not. But they're a DHS agency with a high attrition rate and a stepping stone to 1811 positions, especially within other DHS agencies like HSI.

• Roninjin
          Roninjin commented
          Editing a comment
          @NYC1175,
          You are missing the point. Lateral means 1811 for 1811 and at GS12 it isn't entry. So regard if those agencies are DHS, Fams folks wouldn't be eligible
          Last edited by Roninjin; 02-06-2021, 04:34 PM.

Usually these types of announcements require that the applicant already has CITP completed. Even if it doesn't they usually end up hiring current 1811s vs 1801s like FAMs. But never hurts to apply.

Comment

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          NCOForever
          Yes correct. You must be an 1811 (CITP certified) in order to laterally transfer. ERO guys aren't qualified to transfer that way to them.

USSS would kinda look down their noses at HSI during the big spank your monkey in Manhattan every September, until the last day, when out came the business cards and hushed requests like, "Please let me know the next time there's a lateral announcement...."

-Sun Tzu

Comment

• Shadowtrain
          Shadowtrain commented
          Editing a comment
          Happens every time at the super gaggle fest!

Do you think FBI will also loose people to HSI?

Comment

• Badger99
          Badger99 commented
          Editing a comment
          No. Remember FBI makes all new agents start at a GS-10, even if already say a GS-13 FBI analyst or a GS-13 1811 at another agency. And unless you get a spousal accommodation if your spouse is a fed, you won’t find out where you’ll be posted until you’re into the FBI academy.

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
        Do you think FBI will also loose people to HSI?

No.

And, conversely, HSI will loose no agents to the FBI.

That's the great equilibrium of the universe.

-Sun Tzu

Comment

Here's why so many USSS people will defect:

Go put on a suit and tie and your stiffest dress shoes. Then, for the next 12 hours, stand in a hallway in your house, or in your cold garage. No thumbing your phone or other distractions. Just you and the paint on the walls.

Do it again tomorrow and the next day and the next day, for 25 years or until you turn 50.

OR... you can jump ship to a big 1811 shop with offices all over the country and world, and other than a couple weeks every September, never have to stand next to a stinking loading dock dumpster all night again in your life....

-Sun Tzu

Comment

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait so in the USSS they won't even let you use your phone in those 12 hours of standing?

• ASecretSquirrel
            ASecretSquirrel commented
            Editing a comment
            I mean, you aren’t going to be doing a very good job watching out for threats coming out of that dumpster by looking at your phone.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            I mean I won’t be able to identify any threats coming out of the dumpsters when my brain start asking me to do something fun at the 10 hour mark of the shift either way lol. ASecretSquirrel

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Would you rather spend your first few years in the USSS or USMS? I know they're different jobs, but just curious about your take. I'm in the USMS hiring process now. I'm current a fed PO and looking to do something that's less paperwork in a couple years.

On Delphi there was a post that HSI will open for entry level in March. Should we be contacting an HSI recruiter prior to application open?

Comment

If it's just a general entry level hiring then you don't have to go through a recruiter but it definitely wouldn't hurt. If it's a direct hire announcement then you do need to send in your resume through a recruiter as well as apply on USA jobs. Either way I would try and get in touch with one and then they will probably keep in touch with you and let you know when the announcement is coming out.

Comment

Oh man, a 12 lateral doesn't sound so bad. Way better than having to bust down to a 9 that's for sure.

Comment

That website ( https://www.specialagents.org/ ) was updated. Now it says that the announcement will be posted February 16, 2021.

Comment

Appears to be a 12 lateral for current/former career conditional 1811s, or via other hiring eligibilities.
                https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592136100#

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 319 members and 4431 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X