Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the call while I was sitting down to dinner the other night. Said I had to get an essay done in 24 hours. Got flash backs to college…

Comment

Hi all,

been looking for this thread, glad I found it. I also got referred, then got the call to write the essay, duty stations and references. Since then I’ve heard nothing. I did reach out to someone within USFWS, they did say the virtual interviews have been pushed back to a “tentative week of Nov 15th”. So it does seem like things got pushed, has anyone heard anything yet??
      Ej94
      Forum Member
      Last edited by Ej94; 11-07-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• 2A633
        2A633
        Forum Member
        2A633 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the update. I think most of us are waiting to hear something after submitting our essay, references, location preferences.

• 2A633
        2A633
        Forum Member
        2A633 commented
        Editing a comment
        Received the call today and scheduled my interview. Sounds like they will all be scheduled during next week.

• jvela19k
        jvela19k
        Forum Member
        jvela19k commented
        Editing a comment
        2A633
        Forum Member
        2A633 best of luck to you. I think I’m out then unless they still call Friday.

• Ej94
        Ej94
        Forum Member
        Ej94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Received a call today also. Interview scheduled for next week. Best of luck to everyone

Anyone get an invite to the final in Falls Church, VA? Only 2 weeks away.

Comment

• 2A633
        2A633
        Forum Member
        2A633 commented
        Editing a comment
        They told me we should hear something next week or the week after.

• calbraz
        calbraz
        Forum Member
        calbraz commented
        Editing a comment
        They told me during the interview that it would be December 6 to 11. I was originally told that it was Dec 6-9 and you might not need to be there the whole time. So 6-11 is a little longer. Has anyone heard anything?

• jvela19k
        jvela19k
        Forum Member
        jvela19k commented
        Editing a comment
        I just hope if we all get selected , it’s not to cold to run that 1.5 lol

• Ej94
        Ej94
        Forum Member
        Ej94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, haven’t heard anything yet…hurry up and wait, at this point… Just kinda hoping they let us know this week. If need be, would like to let my current employer know before thanksgiving that I need a week off haha and not wait until the last second.

Nope, haven’t heard anything yet…hurry up and wait, at this point… Just kinda hoping they let us know this week. If need be, would like to let my current employer know before thanksgiving that I need a week off haha and not wait until the last second.

Comment

Good luck to everyone that interviewed, supposed to start finding out next week who selected to move forward. Any one have inside if the peb is done on a track or a trail?

Comment

• 2A633
          2A633
          Forum Member
          2A633 commented
          Editing a comment
          My guess would be a track because I think the PEB is a pretty universal test for federal agencies.

• John29
          John29
          Forum Member
          John29 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it’ll be a track. Easier to grade and track candidates. When I went through the NPS Seasonal Academy we did the PEB down and back for the 1.5 mile. I guess we’ll see.

Make sure y’all check your emails, I got the invite email to Falls Church today. Hope to see all y’all there!

Comment

Still waiting, I would assume all the emails went out today in one bunch, but kinda hoping that’s not the case haha. I’m sure by Wednesday if people don’t hear then we’re out. Anyone else get an email?

Comment

• jvela19k
            jvela19k
            Forum Member
            jvela19k commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told after the interview, the emails would go out through the week due to the amount of interview they had conducted last week. That it wouldn’t be in a mass email like that.

Anyone else hear anything/get an invite? I did hear that they have until Monday to call references.

Comment

Got the invite on Monday for the In-Person Interview, PEB, Psychological Evaluation, and Security Clearance review events next week in Virginia.

All seems a little rushed and, honestly, it feels like the timeline has out paced FWS' capabilities. A travel coordinator is supposed to call and arrange travel for next week, but I still haven't received that call and it seems like FWS is unable to respond to inquirers. Currently, the lack of communication has me a little skeptical as to whether next weeks interview and hiring event will actually take place... at least for me. Hopefully, others have better luck.

If someone has a point of contact for this part of the process, I would appreciate a PM. I have a couple concerns that I am trying to get addressed before next week.

Comment

• Ej94
              Ej94
              Forum Member
              Ej94 commented
              Editing a comment
              So I contacted the last person from FWS who contact me via email for the invite for the virtual interview. He seemed to indicate exactly what you are saying. He asked me for all my contact info and said he’ll try his best to get back to me, never did… it’s just seems like this whole process is being rushed. He said they are trying to get as many people as possibly through, and contact references. At this point, Id just like some sort of clarification from FWS, but that seems hard to get.
              Ej94
              Forum Member
              Last edited by Ej94; 12-02-2021, 04:59 AM.

Originally posted by kvasir View Post
            Got the invite on Monday for the In-Person Interview, PEB, Psychological Evaluation, and Security Clearance review events next week in Virginia.

All seems a little rushed and, honestly, it feels like the timeline has out paced FWS' capabilities. A travel coordinator is supposed to call and arrange travel for next week, but I still haven't received that call and it seems like FWS is unable to respond to inquirers. Currently, the lack of communication has me a little skeptical as to whether next weeks interview and hiring event will actually take place... at least for me. Hopefully, others have better luck.
            1. Get used to being rushed... collapsing into place at the last minute is how fws rolls.
            2. Your timeframe needs and wants ranks 50 out of 50 on their list of concerns.
            3. Of course they don't respond to job inquirers. There is only so much productive time in a day and responding to every email filled with petty questions is a huge time suck.
            4. Lack of communication will be par for course for the next 25 years of your life so get used to it. Always remember- Flexibility is too rigid a word with this outfit.

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

― H.L. Mencken

Comment

I got the email invite on Monday and got a call last night from the travel coordinator to get everything arranged. They’ve contacted several of my references as well.

If you got the invite, just be patient. The travel coordinator called me at almost 6pm last night to get all of my info.

Comment

Well, tonight is Friday night. Last weekday before the 6th. So I’m guessing if we haven’t heard anything by now we are not being considered. Next week was the only free week I had from work for months so I’m probably screwed. It’s a shame because I felt I did very well on the interview.

Comment

• kvasir
                  kvasir
                  Forum Member
                  kvasir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry man! That's a bummer. There's always BLM, Forest Service, and NPS if you want to continue looking at land management protection jobs. NPS is probably the easiest to get in to as an entry level position, but career advancement sucks and you have to go through purgatory as a seasonal Ranger before getting permanent.

• calbraz
                  calbraz
                  Forum Member
                  calbraz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kvasir
                  Forum Member
                  kvasir Yeah, I never really should have gotten my hopes up. I’ve applied to many USFS GL-5/7 positions and have never heard anything back. Haven’t seen BLM open up but I’m sure it’s ultra competitive like USFS. I applied to the new NPS GL-5 perm jobs that opened up but didn’t hear anything back. Definitely can’t do the seasonal thing, I can’t give up my current career for that amount of risk. Just passed the poly with CBP for BPA so that might pan out. Also got a FPS TJO but that’s not 6c and the locations might suck.

• Ej94
                  Ej94
                  Forum Member
                  Ej94 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry brother, we’re in the same spot. I thought I did great on the interview, plus military and fish and wildlife degree and still, I didn’t get an invite to Falls Church. Guess we can always try next time. I have also applied to USFW never heard anything back other than “referred”. That said, good luck to everyone out there going forward in the process!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3579 users online. 234 members and 3345 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X