Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what typical work schedules Land Management Law Enforcement Officer's work and if there are alternative work schedules. I currently work for DHS and work a AWS schedule M-F which is awesome. I hope FWS offers something similar. I noticed for the recent announcement they are now telework eligible which a lot of agencies are now doing again.

Comment

How would telework work in an LE position such as this one?

Comment

Does anyone have any inside knowledge into what some of the future locations are going to be? They originally said there was going to be 24 locations but there appears to only be 13 advertised with future vacancies becoming available during the hiring process. Anyone heard about these future vacancies?

Comment

Looks like referrals were sent out this morning guys and girls.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything back from this announcement yet?

Comment

• Jordan24
          Jordan24
          Forum Member
          Jordan24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just referral results so far

• tluster
          tluster
          Forum Member
          tluster commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah I see. Mine still says reviewing applications on USA Jobs and application received on the agency website. Perhaps I wasn’t referred or they have not processed my application yet.

I made tentatively eligible for all, but not referred.

Comment

I got a referral email today for both 7 and 9.

Comment

Is this position 6c covered? And AUO, not LEAP right?

Comment

• calbraz
            calbraz
            Forum Member
            calbraz commented
            Editing a comment
            6c covered. And up to 25% AUO depending on schedule. Special Agents get LEAP.

Has anyone else advanced in the process for the September 2021 announcements? I wrote the essay, put down 6 references, and chose my top 3 duty locations. I was told this is a very fast hiring process with a start date in late January for the LMPT academy. Is the forecasted termination of federal employees who refuse to get the vaccines the reason for the accelerated hiring processes I’m seeing?
          calbraz
          Forum Member
          Last edited by calbraz; 10-26-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• jvela19k
            jvela19k
            Forum Member
            jvela19k commented
            Editing a comment
            What did they tell you was next? The PEB is a 25% that’s the 1.5 miles at like 14: and some change right? I was just trying to find it on fletc site, but I think I gotta wait till I’m on a computer not my phone lol.

• 2A633
            2A633
            Forum Member
            2A633 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you heard anything after submitting your essay, references, and top 3?

• calbraz
            calbraz
            Forum Member
            calbraz commented
            Editing a comment
            2A633
            Forum Member
            2A633 Nope, nothing as of right now. The virtual interview was supposed to be on November 8th so it’s getting a little squirrelly.
            calbraz
            Forum Member
            Last edited by calbraz; 11-06-2021, 05:27 PM.

• 2A633
            2A633
            Forum Member
            2A633 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah okay, I was given the same information that’s why I asked. I haven’t heard anything yet after submitting that stuff. I’m hoping they are just pushing it back a few days and will make calls next week.

Just got my referral email as a GL-5. Currently a GL-8 with the Bureau of Prisons. Anybody have any insight on how much they take your current location into selecting job location??

Comment

Only referred so far for me, nothing further.

Comment

Got the call yesterday. Had to submit essay, references, and select locations.

Comment

• cscott91
                cscott91
                Forum Member
                cscott91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same, got the call two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything since I submitted the form. This is as far as I got this last spring before they canceled the announcement.

• 2A633
                2A633
                Forum Member
                2A633 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you hear anything back after submitting your essay, etc? If so, how long did it take to hear anything back?

I got the referral for GS9 couple weeks ago, no call though. Although I let everything out of state go to voicemail, so if they didn't leave a message, I may have "self selected" out of the hiring process.

Comment

For those who put in for their top 3, would be curious at the list they offered...

Comment

• calbraz
                  calbraz
                  Forum Member
                  calbraz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As far I can see, they were the same as the announcement, except for the added info of there being 2 vacancies each at Desert NWR and San Luis NWR. Because of that, I assume the others only have 1 vacancy each.

Malheur/Sheldon NWR - Lakeview/Burns, Oregon

James Campbell NWR - Oahu, Hawaii

Northern New Mexico Refuge Complex - Las Vegas, New Mexico

Bosque del Apache/Sevilleta NWR - Socorro, New Mexico

South Texas Refuge Complex – Laguna Atascosa NWR - Los Fresnos, Texas

Salt Plains NWR - Jet, Oklahoma

Crab Orchard NWR - Marion, Illinois

Upper Mississippi Patrol Area - Winona, Minnesota

Beale Air Force Base - Yuba City, California

Sacramento NWR Willows, California

San Luis NWR – 2 vacancies - Los Banos, California

Desert NWR – 2 Vacancies - Las Vegas, Nevada

Central California Patrol Zone - Specific Location within Zone TBD

Northern California/Northern Nevada Patrol Zone - Specific Location within Zone TBD

Bill William NWR - Parker, AZ

• calbraz
                  calbraz
                  Forum Member
                  calbraz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wildlife97
                  Banned
                  wildlife97 I chose Bill William, Desert, and Malheur/Sheldon as my top 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices. I want to be in the desert in AZ or NZ and if I can’t have that I’d rather be in OR. But I want to do LE work. What do you know about these Refuges? I know Malheur is where the Bundy incident happened.

• Ratatatat
                  Ratatatat
                  Get Ready
                  Ratatatat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Malheur is in one of the last, true frontier communities left in the West, where there's more cows than people in Harney County and if you want a Starbucks you'll need to drive to Bend or Boise. The refuge is in spectacular country but the vibe isn't exactly pastoral... read up on some of the history in Harney county.... like how a cowboy named Claude Dallas was sheltered by local ranchers after killing two Idaho game wardens or google 'Dwight Hammond' and read about the decades-long feud between FWS and a hot-headed rancher and his nutjob son. But if you want to live-off grid in a county the size of ten states and only 10,000 residents, there's no better place to disappear than the ocean of sagebrush and rimrock in SE Oregon. Just watch your back, because when things get nasty with the locals, FWS sure goddam won't.

• calbraz
                  calbraz
                  Forum Member
                  calbraz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @wildlife67
                  Ratatatat
                  Get Ready
                  Ratatatat Dang, wish I picked something else as my #3 now. Oh well, hopefully I get offered for William or Desert then.

Got the call yesterday and submitted the essay/references info last night. They definitely are moving this process pretty quick.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3683 users online. 238 members and 3445 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X