Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear anything back regarding the NPS LE Park Ranger announcements back in the end of March? Figured we should have heard at least something by now.

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      So is there a possibility we wont hear anything if we aren't selected to move further? I am just curious in general cause it stated they are anticipating an EOD for August I believe (which is relatively soon).

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      I talked to HR at the beginning of this week about the latest NPS announcement, and was told that we should hear something within a couple of weeks. Who knows with NPS though! lol. Do you know anyone from the parks that you applied to for this last announcement?

It will most likely start moving after the park hiring managers request a list of eligible applicants. That's when we'll get referred.
      Last edited by Anthropologist; 04-28-2021, 06:26 PM.

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      @anthropologist
      I do not know anyone personally, no. I do however know that the some of the local rangers by me who operate out of the various parks throughout the glades have had some real excitement in the past few months. Between a crazy man out there with his wife shooting at rangers to more crazy people lighting fires and getting to operate with ATF, it sure does sound fun.

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      @​​​​​​​griffinlocke The parks can definitely offer excitement and sometimes be dangerous. People tend to bring their problems with them to the parks, as one of my old academy instructors was fond of saying... It does seem like the parks can be magnets for illegal activities, too. One of my buddies is down in FL; I'll have to text him and ask about any recent incidents! lol

I graduated from one of the NPS seasonal academies a number of years ago. I accepted a position with a DHS agency back in 2019, but honestly I would take a permanent U.S. Park Ranger position if given the opportunity, especially for the right park.

Just got a NOR for the recent grad/student announcement of the NPS LE. So it looks like there’s some movement I guess.

Comment

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea, and I applied to both the regular announcement and the recent grad, but only heard anything back from the recent grad.

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      griffinlocke How many locations did you select in the announcements?

• griffinlocke
      griffinlocke commented
      Editing a comment
      I was overwhelmed by all the options so I just chose negotiable after selection lol

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      griffinlocke Fair enough. There were definitely some awesome parks in this last announcement!

Does anyone know if NPS have LEO retirement for the GL-0025 Park Ranger ( Protection)?

Also, would I be eligible for a waiver with my FLETC/ UPTP ( Uniform Police Training Program) certificate since the vacancy is requiring a NPS seasonal, LMPT or any other FLETC certificate equal to the Land Management Police Training?

Lastly, does NPS give take home gov. Cars?

Comment

• hawaiitexas
      hawaiitexas commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, U.S. Park Rangers are 6(c). UPTP will not count, you may be able to apply for a waiver if a Park really wants you but unlikely. Take home rigs are dependent on location, most do not. The "LMPT or equal" refers to the previous versions of LMPT

hawaiitexas thanks

Comment

Was Found Eligible for the Park Ranger GL09 job. Currently CBP GS09 about to hit GS11, just looking to relocate back home to be closer to my kids. You could say it’s a Custody issue. Does anyone know is National Parks will negotiate a GL09 step 5 since I’m about to be a GS11, in order to match my pay?

Comment

• hawaiitexas
        hawaiitexas commented
        Editing a comment
        No, they will bring you on at whatever step you are at. You will get the bump of GL pay.

Not to hijack this thread but…

just a heads up on the process. I was selected for a perm position from this hiring initiative. 2700 applied. We’re slated to go to FLETC beginning of August. Most should have already been contacted by their respective parks for further information/tentative offers.

Comment

• Jaysonrz
        Jaysonrz commented
        Editing a comment
        The day it opened lol. 03/29

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I'm jealous.

• Jumpywolf
        Jumpywolf commented
        Editing a comment
        How is that possible, HR sent a message stating all job announcements were cancelled???

• Ratatatat
        Ratatatat commented
        Editing a comment
        "Most should have already contacted by their respective parks"

Units of the NWRS are refuges, not parks. FWS is sensitive about stuff like this, like boot in the rear sensitive.

Jayson is right. I'm on the same boat

Comment

• Jumpywolf
        Jumpywolf commented
        Editing a comment
        HR sent a message stating all job announcements were cancelled???

This thread got hijacked and some are now referring to the NPS national hire. Those selections have been made.

As to the USFWS FWO positions, yes those announcements were cancelled, however another announcement will be coming out soon.

Comment

• griffinlocke
        griffinlocke commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you ballpark it as to when that new announcement will be?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5129 users online. 307 members and 4822 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X