Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the FLETC have a waiver if moving from one agency to another?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the FLETC have a waiver if moving from one agency to another?

Lets say you are hired by a federal agency and decide to apply to another. Can you get a waiver, partial academy, or must you retake the entire academy? Where can I find info on what agencies entrance and graduation percentiles are on the pt standards? Are all bench presses done on a Smith machine? Do you have to live at the academy or can you live off the grounds? What time is the curfew and can you leave the grounds for dinner at night? How often is pt and is it drill instructor or laid back? Is there swimming in any of it? Do you take a Taser ecd hit?

lmaoooooooo
    USMS Schedule B 2019

??Dec18 Info Session
    ??Interview
    21June19 TOL received
    ??July19 Hired by AMO, voluntarily discontinued USMS hiring process

USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
    13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
    16Jan21 Referred for GL-5

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    25Jan21 Applied

Comment

Bwahahahahaaaaaa....nice spoof post.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Bwahahahahaaaaaa....nice spoof post.
        I'm not spoof posting. I am legitimately asking.

Comment

• darkhorse6
          darkhorse6 commented
          Editing a comment
          It was assumed because all of your questions can be answered by each individual agency that you are interested in. Their websites usually go into depth on what is required. You can also search these forms for your agencies you would like to work for and find answers there as well.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s not the OP replying. This thread is one hell of a troll job.

Before answering. Did you by chance went to the Nation Capital last week? Just curious.

Comment

Nearly every question you asked is going to be agency specific. If you go to an agency that sends you to say UPTP, your agency may have more stringent restrictions on your movement after class/weekends/etc.

​​​​​​Almost every circumstance would require you to quit the academy class you are in, and go back and start over. Such as being hired by DoD police, being at UPTP, and then transferring to say USSS UD while at training. The only way that wouldn't be the case would be if the agencies some how work something out to keep you in, but go ahead and count that out. There are ultra slim chances where you could roll back, which I've seen. Say in the same example above, you jump ship to UD, and there is a UPTP class four weeks behind yours that had a UD officer quit. But you're talking about an alignment of stars, and even then, it would require your new agency to onboard you while already at FLETC, which they may not be willing to do.

If you get to week 11 of UPTP and leave the academy and return for a new agency, you have to start over, no questions asked there.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by kip42 View Post
            Lets say you are hired by a federal agency and decide to apply to another. Can you get a waiver, partial academy, or must you retake the entire academy? Where can I find info on what agencies entrance and graduation percentiles are on the pt standards? Are all bench presses done on a Smith machine? Do you have to live at the academy or can you live off the grounds? What time is the curfew and can you leave the grounds for dinner at night? How often is pt and is it drill instructor or laid back? Is there swimming in any of it? Do you take a Taser ecd hit?
            If you successfully get through a UTPT @ FLET-C (NOT FLETA, LETA, LETC, or whatever else they call it now days thats not FLETC) then yes, another UTPT agency can waive your academy. But your UTPT will not lateral over to the CITP agencies (1811 class) nor will it transfer to any of the USCBP agencies (ICE, BPA, CBPO.)

UTPT itself, for the most part is a live-in academy. You're thrown in there with other agencies such as the BIA, 0083s, Pentagon Police, Capitol, USSSUD, BLM, US FORESTRY, Treasury, etc. you guys all go through the academy together.

As for the other inquiries you asked like the taser/swimming/kick-back instructors (lols) that really depends on where you go and whos coordinating your academy class. In short, your DT instructors will work you.

On a side note, and not to sound rude...The only UTPT agency worth applying to in my opinion is the U.S. Park Police. They get paid extremely well for what they do, where as the other guys hardly pay you enough. Most of the officers use theirs agencies as a stepping stone to get into 1811 agencies or even DHS 1801s...

Good luck though..
            Last edited by Calitown; 01-10-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Add USSS UD in there. I have family there, who in this odd year with 6 months of no OT due to hour restrictions during Rona, and no campaign travel, cleared 132k, with less than 3 years in. Tons of OT during the other 6 months though.

But it is also a 100% static security post job unless you get on a unit.

USPP is a great agency if you can get on for sure.

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              132k gross or net?

• Calitown
              Calitown commented
              Editing a comment
              @battlewagon
              Thats some really good money brotha, and if thats NET, thats extraordinary!!! I might be in the wrong agency. USSUD officers definitely get paid

UTPT itself, for the most part is a live-in academy. You're thrown in there with other agencies such as the BIA, 0083s, Pentagon Police, Capitol, USSSUD, BLM, US FORESTRY, Treasury, etc. you guys all go through the academy together.
            UTPT includes Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service? Is that new? They were in LMPT with FWS and NPS, last I knew.

To answer the OP- some academies may transfer but usually when you jump to a new agency, it means attending another fun and joy filled academy.

I know several people who completed three, and while I haven't yet met anyone who did four long stints at fletc, I'm sure such a masochist exists.

Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

-Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

UTPT includes Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service? Is that new? They were in LMPT with FWS and NPS, last I knew.

To answer the OP- some academies may transfer but usually when you jump to a new agency, it means attending another fun and joy filled academy.

I know several people who completed three, and while I haven't yet met anyone who did four long stints at fletc, I'm sure such a masochist exists.

BLM and the pine pigs are LMPT, gotta love people giving advice when they don’t know what they are talking about.
              BLM, Fish or USFS does not accept UPTP, I think NPS might accept laterals with UPTP but not sure.

Comment

BIA is the Indian Police Academy. UPTP still has to do the bridge course for us.
                US Army Veteran
                The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

I am pretty sure that BLM and USFS still attended LMPT.

Comment

Ratatatat @ darkhorse6 I stand corrected, you guys are right. The BLM/pine pigs are part of LMPT
                    hawaiitexas Thanks for the correction! I grouped them all together, but you get the point. Was everything else I wrote wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Calitown View Post
                      Ratatatat @ darkhorse6 I stand corrected, you guys are right. The BLM/pine pigs are part of LMPT
                      hawaiitexas Thanks for the correction! I grouped them all together, but you get the point. Was everything else I wrote wrong?
                      You're not wrong, there were just some amendments needed lol
                      US Army Veteran
                      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4386 users online. 272 members and 4114 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X