Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opm oig

Anyone have insights into this agency?

I applied to this announcement so I'd like to know as well. 1 vacancy, so it's a longshot but I'm still curious.

Comment

I applied for the latest announcement. I get the sense that it involves a lot of fraud investigations.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587364100

Comment

• DM206
        DM206 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got a background in healthcare fraud investigations, and I know that our company works with them on cases that impact federal employees health plans, but I personally don't work those cases so I haven't had the opportunity to interact with these agents and don't have any contacts there. I work a lot with HHS OIG, and they're great, but I know OPM is smaller and I'm not sure what the culture is like there.

The announcement references retirement fraud. I wonder what the balance is between beneficiary focused investigations versus organizational or provider investigations.

DM206,

During the course of your healthcare investigations, have you worked with DOL OIG? If so, any take on their agency?

Comment

• DM206
        DM206 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have worked with them, but not much. My sense is that they maybe struggle to get a seat at the table. The main players are FBI and HHS, and it's only recently in my area that we've seen DOL really have a presence on these cases, even though my understanding is that they have jurisdiction through ERISA. But the folks I've met at DOL were smart and eager to get involved.

In healthcare fraud, I think collaboration is key. If you're FBI or HHS you can probably expect a lead role but anywhere else you need to know how to work across agencies and navigate jurisdictional issues. So at any agency with healthcare fraud as a significant part of the portfolio, I would think you need to go in with that mindset.

DM206,

thanks for the info

Comment

Just got an update by email...eligible for GS9, but not referred. Not surprised with limited vacancies. They've probably got a good pool of current 1811's to choose from.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. It was worth a shot

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. I didn't really expect anything to come from that announcement.

• 9L81
          9L81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never heard of a current 1811 looking to move to that agency. With promotion potential to a GS-12 for the journey level that isn't going to look good to most people.

Eligible, not referred. Just got the email as well. No big surprise though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6721 users online. 383 members and 6338 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X