300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest With US Park Police

I have been interested in the US Park Police for about a year now but I have not seen any advertising for a positions. How often do they hire and when?

Check Usajobs..... Also check the thread on the Washington DC forum
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

always checking even preemptively filled out the PHS, just waiting for the opening lol ?

Comment

There was an announcement earlier this year. That was the first one that I'd seen in a while. Any particular reason for your interest in the U.S. Park Police?

Comment

USPP doesn't hire nearly as frequently as other uniform agencies, and if I remember correctly, when they do, they take a handful of people, something like 1-3 classes worth out of thousands of applications. This was the case at least when I applied 5+ years ago.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Calitown
            Calitown commented
            Editing a comment
            battlewagon I've seen these guys @ FLETC. What is the deal, why is this position so sought after?

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Can't comment on it because I don't know anyone who was even USPP to have spoke with. I know it is one of the more 'real' law enforcement type work agencies for federal police. It is also a covered position.

Originally posted by Anthropologist View Post
          There was an announcement earlier this year. That was the first one that I'd seen in a while. Any particular reason for your interest in the U.S. Park Police?
          Looked into the history, what they do. Seems pretty interesting. Plus I was looking to move and try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by collegegraduate View Post

Looked into the history, what they do. Seems pretty interesting. Plus I was looking to move and try something new.
            I met some U.S. Park Police while I was training as a NPS U.S. Park Ranger. They seemed like good guys and well trained. I preferred the option to work at parks all over the US rather than the more limited options of PP. Personal preference.

Where were you hoping to get a position with them?

Comment

I met some U.S. Park Police while I was training as a NPS U.S. Park Ranger. They seemed like good guys and well trained. I preferred the option to work at parks all over the US rather than the more limited options of PP. Personal preference.

Where were you hoping to get a position with them?
              I was interested in Washington DC since I was looking at US capitol Police and grad school in the DC region

Comment

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                Makes sense. Are you looking at programs from GU or GW?

I used to live in DC. Keep in mind that it can be expensive!

Looking at Howard right now. I saw the prices. Very expensive

Comment

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                If memory serves, Howard is a bit less expensive than the other two universities but still rather pricey. I hope that you've been looking for grants and scholarships! I finished graduate school a few years ago so I know the joys and financial cost well.

Are you new to the federal government? AFAIK, there are possibilities for tuition assistance with most agencies. I've been told that U.S. Capitol Police has some sort of program for tuition assistance that is paid out over the course of a few years.

Good luck!

In my opinion, US Park Police is the greatest Federal Law Enforcement agency out there. They have so much ground to cover and freedom. Every officer gets long gun trained and they have so much jurisdiction since they’re federal. The quality of life with them is so nice based off what I heard

Comment

Originally posted by FWD1987 View Post
                Every officer gets long gun trained
                NPS does that, too. We had over 100 hours on firearms in general for our qualifications. I imagined that most agencies would train and qualify officers on rifles and shotguns.

Comment

NPS does that, too. We had over 100 hours on firearms in general for our qualifications. I imagined that most agencies would train and qualify officers on rifles and shotguns.
                  Unfortunately, not true. I’m in MPD(DC Police) and only a selected few are long gun trained. A lot of us want want the training, but politics is in the way smh.

Comment

• Anthropologist
                    Anthropologist commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's ridiculous that any agency would neglect that aspect of officer training in 2020.

Check out the Washington, DC thread. There's a wealth of information there.

I'm partway into the hiring process for the summer 2020 announcement, feel free to ask me any questions. I just had my panel interview, not sure if I'll be moving onto the medical phase at this point.

The hiring process is VERY score-dependent -- PEB, POST type exam, panel interview. You should be aiming to max out the run, bench press, bend and reach. And try the agility test as well so that you don't fail it due to confusion. For the POST exam, I'd focus on the math part. I wouldn't assume that report writing part is a breeze, I came close to missing a couple and had to make corrections.

Comment

I'm currently teaching math so Math part won't be the issue lol. I have been looking at sample questions to somewhat familiarize myself with the test. My biggest weakness has always been interviews

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                      Winter_Patriot commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you have a background in math, then I wouldn't expect the test to pose too much of a challenge.

The panel interview can be tough. I did not think the hypothetical portion was too difficult, because I've seen enough police reports and bodycams to know how officers respond to situations.

The background half of the interview was more like an interrogation though. I've had some tough questions in interviews, but nothing that was ever cross-examination style though. I'd be prepared for that.

Update:
                    Put in an application... now it's just a waiting game

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4525 users online. 246 members and 4279 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X