Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of TX, does anyone know how likely it is to end up assigned there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jwebb514 View Post
      Probably not likely at first. I’ve been told that TX is a highly desired destination across all the agencies. ATF/FBI both said they get requests for the Dallas/Houston offices all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDog01 View Post
        Probably not likely at first. I’ve been told that TX is a highly desired destination across all the agencies. ATF/FBI both said they get requests for the Dallas/Houston offices all the time.
        Perhaps there's a better shot at getting... *gulp*... El Paso?

Comment

FBI recruiter told me Houston is the most coveted FO for them. It's all about that COLA.

Comment

Well that’s a bummer. I did notice that Houston pay seems to be on par with DC pay on the GS scale and I have no idea why.

Comment

Well that’s a bummer. I did notice that Houston pay seems to be on par with DC pay on the GS scale and I have no idea why.
              https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-l...ngton-dc/67500

It's not terrible until you look at the +200% increase in housing prices. DC's a great town but housing is insane.

Comment

My timeline

12/19: Application submitted/Qual. review
                1/20: PA test
                2/20: Fingerprints
                COVID happens
                12/20: Written test and interview
                12/20: COL

COVID sucks but I'm just happy to keep going.

Comment

Been 2 months since I sent my required documents in with no word on a PTT invite.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
                    Been 2 months since I sent my required documents in with no word on a PTT invite.
                    Thats normal. One minute you're flying through it, next minute its at a stand still.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
                      I got invited to do the PT and I had to reschedule due to conflicts and haven’t heard back in a month.

Comment

Yeah I figured it's just the process. Here's to hoping everyone's application starts progressing soon.

Comment

I have been in the process since August.
                          just had the PFT last month right before thanksgiving.
                          and it has been silence since. So.

Comment

• Levithane
                            Levithane commented
                            Editing a comment
                            And that's normal, especially around the holidays for any process. What will more than likely happen is that its going to pick up again 2nd week of January. When I did federal BI's it was notoriously difficult to conduct interviews around the holidays because this federal building is closed, this federal employee is on extended vacation, the list goes on.

Wrong thread post
                          Last edited by nonotnow; 12-16-2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Has anyone had contact with the NY field office? I've reached out on several occasions via email and phone and no one has ever gotten back to me. I'm in the hiring process for FBI, Secret Service, USMS, Air Marshals and DSS but I cannot for the life of me get a hold of DEA.

Comment

• NYC1175
                              NYC1175 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I sent my required documents to the NYFO back in early October and have not heard anything. Until I saw notifications in this thread, I actually forgot I even sent them my stuff. I'm in a few processes too. I'm seeing the most consistent movement with the Secret Service.

Originally posted by NGPAPP View Post
                            Has anyone had contact with the NY field office? I've reached out on several occasions via email and phone and no one has ever gotten back to me. I'm in the hiring process for FBI, Secret Service, USMS, Air Marshals and DSS but I cannot for the life of me get a hold of DEA.
                            Okay that makes me feel a little better. I also spoke with a contact I have in the DEA and he said as far as he knows they're actively hiring and my qualifications would definitely make me a candidate. Said he'd reach out to some people to figure out what the issue is but that was several weeks ago so I'm not holding my breath.

I too am having the most success with Secret Service as well as FBI. Seems like since those two agencies hire year round they have the most streamlined hiring process.

Comment

• Levithane
                              Levithane commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Bigger offices seem to be the least communicative. My friend re-applied a little after the beginning of last year, and still hasn't heard anything back from the DC office. He told me he had another co-worker who applied, and she hadn't heard anything from that office either.

• NGPAPP
                              NGPAPP commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Makes me think they're not actively recruiting

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6295 users online. 315 members and 5980 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X