300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral transfer to south east

Looking to lateral transfer to the south specifically South Carolina but really any where south east. Does anyone recommend states that accept a New York lateral transfer. I have 6 years experience with a bachelors degree in an FTO, instructor, and swat team member. Just tired of good ol New York and looking to take my family south. Any recommendations for states with easiest lateral program? I’m very interested in S.C. HIGHWAY patrol. But also looking for deeper south also we’ll. Thanks in advance! Also quick thought on lateral transfers to Texas?

I would look up Polk County Sheriff in FL. They have a Sheriff that actually backs/supports his deputies. Or Boca Raton PD, one of the highest paying PD’s in Florida. NC, SC, and GA don’t pay very well, but cost of living is cheaper.

Comment

• NYco52490
      NYco52490 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does Florida accept lateral without much of a starting over process? From what I’ve looked at it seems pretty easy

If you're interested in South Carolina and a state-level agency, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) might be a good option. They're more focused on criminal investigation rather than patrol/traffic obviously, so disregard me if that's what you're after. But their on-paper minimum qualifications for alcohol enforcement and some other vice/fraud positions is simply a Bachelor's and the ability to obtain a Class 1 cert. at the academy. Of course they prefer you have the Class 1 cert. and experience; plus other positions (Tobacco, Auto Theft, Child Death, etc.) require varying levels of experience that you may or may not have but maybe it's worth a look if that's what you're into. On another note, I hear varying things about SCHP but a common complaint is a severe shortage of Troopers.

Comment

Florida has an equivalency of training process for out of state officers. I recommend looking up the current standards for it on the FDLE web site etc. Every thing I knew about it is likely out dated now.

Comment

Florida is pretty easy to switch over to. I did a 35 hour course. Just give em’ money and your academy transcripts and you should be good.

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/O...-Training.aspx

That website will give everything you need. Best of luck.

Comment

Brevard County Sheriff is another one id look at.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5590 users online. 344 members and 5246 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X