300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Air Marshal SV-G open now!

The mission of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service (LE/FAMS) is to promote public confidence in the security of our nation's transportation domain. To achieve this mission, LE/FAMS deploys Federal Air Marshals on U.S. aircraft both internationally and domestically to detect, deter, and defeat criminal, terrorist, and hostile activities that target our nation's transportation systems.

You're welcome.
    ((≡≡))

Applied Step one 1 on the way
    9/21/20 Applied

Comment

I applied a few days ago. I hope to hear something soon.
      New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

This is a pretty sought after position. But everything I read seems like the quality of life is terrible. But that's from years ago. Has anything changed now? Is it constant traveling? Obviously constant traveling, but in terms of schedule, is there no time for rest?
        Last edited by headphones1225; 09-29-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Posting says 75% travel. I assume that’s a minimum and you can probably expect more.

• HiFlyR
          HiFlyR commented
          Editing a comment
          All depends on your lifestyle. It’s a great job if you’re single and when you get home can hit the bed for 3-4 hours, but if you need to grab kids from school, go to sporting events, etc it’s going to wear you down

It’s constant travel but you have time for rest. Go explore the places you’re in, but don’t be dumb and stay out drinking until all hours of the morning. Get sleep, workout wherever you go, and try to eat healthy-ish sometimes. Also once you go to places a bunch of times you can choose to just use it as a sleep trip or pure rest.

It’s a draining job but not impossible to enjoy.
          Last edited by HiFlyR; 09-29-2020, 12:25 PM. Reason: Typos

You’re traveling all the time so quality of life will be low

Originally posted by headphones1225 View Post
        This is a pretty sought after position. But everything I read seems like the quality of life is terrible. But that's from years ago. Has anything changed now? Is it constant traveling? Obviously constant traveling, but in terms of
        schedule, is there no time for rest?

Comment

Originally posted by UCLA1998 View Post
          You’re traveling all the time so quality of life will be low

Guess that’s why so many veterans take the job. Sounds good when you’re already used to never being home.

Comment

Not a bad gig especially for those trying to get into a federal LE position but there are many better positions in Federal LE.

I did a breakdown almost three years ago on FAMS vs other more coveted LE positions.

PAY - FAMS vs Covered LEOs on the General pay schedule. Using 2017 pay charts (San Francisco Locality - 38.17) FAMS start at pay band G and progress to pay band I.

“Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
            DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Bidstar
              Bidstar commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds good to me. I think I will definitely do it for a few years and move on. I’m hoping deportation officer positions open up too

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2624 users online. 139 members and 2485 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X