Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone work for Dyncorp/Blackwater (current OR previous)???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work for Dyncorp/Blackwater (current OR previous)???

Has anyone here worked as a private contractor or know someone who has? I have 15+ years in LE and have worked in almost every division from patrol to narcotics and am looking for a change.

PM me for info

Comment

Good question.

Comment

My cousin works for blackwater in Iraq. He loves it. Nothing but great thing to say about the job, money, training, equipment and people. He previously worked for another security company in Iraq and his experience was uneven at best. He has told me Dyncorp has a bad rep but I dont know the specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by substation View Post
          My cousin works for blackwater in Iraq. He loves it. Nothing but great thing to say about the job, money, training, equipment and people. He previously worked for another security company in Iraq and his experience was uneven at best. He has told me Dyncorp has a bad rep but I dont know the specifics.
          Can I ask how the money ranges and his experience?

Do you think private security or military is more dangerous in Iraq?

Comment

His experience: GED, 4 years Marines with one tour in Iraq, 1 year with a security company in Iraq (smaller company). He says w/o the one year with the other company he wouldn't have gotten the BW job. Most guys had SF backgrounds or specialized (EMT, SWAT).

$$$ around 160k this year all told. You work 3 months then get 2 weeks off. BW is well staffed so there is plenty of downtime and off days.

If you are young it is a good way to bank some real money before moving on with an LE career. Being able to buy a house or at least not be dependent on OT will be a weight off your shoulders.

He worked in a trailer platon in the USMC creating diversionary battles for SF operations. Lots of smoke and noise. As a contractor he has been in many, many gun battles and been hit by IED's. Also his team has been betrayed by Arab contractors. Security seems to be much more dangerous.
            Last edited by substation; 06-05-2007, 03:13 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4866 users online. 320 members and 4546 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X