300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Probably Need To Move To Find Job

Does anyone know what states will take my Michigan academy credits? I completed the academy here in southern Michigan, but there are no jobs. I would like south or west, but the wife says Calif and Fla are out.
    I really don't want to go completely through another academy course, although I know I'll have to take a state law class.

Move to Find a Job

Originally posted by Ejohnson View Post
    Does anyone know what states will take my Michigan academy credits? I completed the academy here in southern Michigan, but there are no jobs. I would like south or west, but the wife says Calif and Fla are out.
    I really don't want to go completely through another academy course, although I know I'll have to take a state law class.
    My first suggestion would be to exhaust all the Michigan possibilities before making a move, especially a major one. What you really need to research is the question of whether or not your Michigan certification will be accepted in other states. The general rule, and I emphasize the word general, of reciprocity, is that if Michigan honors, say, a Wisconsin certification, chances are, Wisconsin will honor Michigan's. Much of this is based on the number of hours of instruction a state requires for certification. The bad news is, you're going to have to do some research. The good news is, you can do a lot of it on line. Access the POST sites of some states you're interested in, and ask if, or under what circumstances, they'll honor Michigan certification. Some states will require you to take a written exam, some an abbreviated academy. You need to be prepared as well, for the agency that will require you to complete another Academy, regardless of current certification. Virtually all State Police agencies require this. Hope things work out well for you.

Comment

I would recommend going to an Arizona or a Nevada agency. Good pay, still fairly affordable, nice weather (i.e.- not snowy usually), and professional agencies.

HTH, YMMV,

EDJ
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Austin Police Texas great place to be great pay and benefits cost of living is low. www.apdrecruiting.org

Comment

dearborn is hiring along with oakland county if you havent' checked them out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3214 users online. 163 members and 3051 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X