300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE 1811 Starting pay scale?

What grade is the starting point for ICE 1811's? I understand that education, background etc can put you in at a higher grade then others But assuming you meet basic quals and are selected Is it a GS-07 or 09? Do 1811's work off of the LEO GS payscale or the standard GS scale?

Thanks

Hey Army Running,

I got a phone call from DHS saying that they would be sending me a pin with the information packet in the mail last week for the 1811. Hopefully I will recieve it today. I was told it was for entry level GS-5/7 and I would have to take another written test. I am hoping that this packet will have an annoucement in it and state whether it is a latter position up to a GS12 or 13 or what the requirements are for the GS9, I am hoping my masters will get a bump up to the 9 if the tests and everything else go well. I will update as soon as I see that packet they promised. Hopefully someone within the organization has a little better info.

Comment

OK thanks for the post. I was curious where they start being some agencies start higher like FBI at a 10. I have read and heard some people mention that I can start at a different step because I am a current GS-12 different series that they try to move you in at a comparable rate. A peer of mine is in the 1811 series and he was a GS-11 they started him at GS-09 step 10 to match the pay.

I also have a Pin on the way.

Comment

You will come in as a GS5 or GS7. The only newbees who come in at a 9 are from other federal jobs.

Comment

Ok thats what I was figuring GS-07 step 10. Thanks.

He was an 11 in a different series, PMF, master etc it was for another agency not ICE.

Comment

Originally posted by army_running View Post
            What grade is the starting point for ICE 1811's? I understand that education, background etc can put you in at a higher grade then others But assuming you meet basic quals and are selected Is it a GS-07 or 09? Do 1811's work off of the LEO GS payscale or the standard GS scale?

Thanks
            If you go to OPM and check out the pay scale, it will give you an idea of what you'll be making. Coming from some agencies they may meet your current pay which may be higher then a GS 7. At which point you will be paid as a GS 7 step 00.

Comment

Originally posted by GB0610
              Originally Posted by manstown
              If you go to OPM and check out the pay scale, it will give you an idea of what you'll be making. Coming from some agencies they may meet your current pay which may be higher then a GS 7. At which point you will be paid as a GS 7 step 00.
              You need to be the same series for this to take place. There are a few exceptions, but the ICE 1811 S/A gig is not one of them.
              Aah the mythical step 00. Often mentioned, seldom seen. As someone who went from one 1811 job to another, and only got step 10 in my paygrade instead of matching my previous pay with the mythical "step 00" I know that switching within the same series will not guarantee pay matching.
              Last edited by SA13; 05-31-2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

You need to be the same series for this to take place. There are a few exceptions, but the ICE 1811 S/A gig is not one of them.
                When I left my last job for my current job it wasn't in the same series and my pay was matched. And a friend of mine just left an 1801 position for an ICE SA position and had his pay matched at GS 7 step 00. You don't have to be in the same series, and ICE does do it. It is drawn out in the OPM guidelines.

Comment

I am assuming this Step 00 is just an open step that makes a GS-07 base 67000 instead of saying gs-07 step 10 and getting in the same range?

Comment

i will

still take that any day.

Comment

I dont think anyone touched on the pay scale used?

This one is the normal scale used in DC
                      http://www.opm.gov/oca/07tables/html/dcb.asp

And this is the scale used for LEO. Does 1811's use the LEO scale or the normal scale?
                      http://www.opm.gov/oca/07tables/html/dcb_leo.asp

Comment

Ya, I too have benefited from the "00" rating on TWO occasions. Typically, it is between the same series, per OPM guidelines and my current agenices regulations. But people applying for the entry level ICE SA jobs are not being given anything higher than a 7 step 10......for whatever reason.
                        My buddy went from an 1801 position to 1811 with ICE and his pay was matched, just over 52,000, which is higher then a GS 7/10 which is just around 40-45,000. And that was his base that was matched.

Comment

same thing

a coworker switched over from DHS 0083 and they matched the base. then add 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by ud22206 View Post
                            a coworker switched over from DHS 0083 and they matched the base. then add 25%.
                            Don't forget locality. And myself and my friend didn't switch from within DHS. That is also a misconception. That you could get your pay matched if you go from agencies within DHS.

Comment

Was this for an ENTRY level ICE Special Agent spot?

Or, was it for a GS-9 announcement or lateral?
                              It was just last year. He was hired from the PIN process for GS/7.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3156 users online. 155 members and 3001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X