Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska State Patrol

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alaska State Patrol

    I am trying to get info on the Alaska State Patrol. It seems to be interesting and I am looking for a change. I am a sergeant at a 70 man police department in south ga. I have worked there for seven years. I have been an accident investigator, criminal investigator, and a patrol supervisor for the last year and a half. Anyone here from the area or got info?

  • #2
    I remember reading somewhere, that your average backup response is 2 hours away...

    Comment


    • #3
      Alaska State Troopers

      Originally posted by police3704 View Post
      I am trying to get info on the Alaska State Patrol. It seems to be interesting and I am looking for a change. I am a sergeant at a 70 man police department in south ga. I have worked there for seven years. I have been an accident investigator, criminal investigator, and a patrol supervisor for the last year and a half. Anyone here from the area or got info?
      Check out the Alaska State Trooper website. You can access it through Officer.com. I don't believe the Alaska State Troopers will laterally transfer you. Chances are, you'll have to jump through all the requisite "hoops" in order to be hired. In all probability, you'll have to go through the Academy again as well. Not saying your considerable experience won't be of help down the road, but probably not to start with. Sounds like you're contemplating a major move. Best of luck to you.

      Comment


      • #4
        From South Ga to Alaska???????????????

        oh god the cold
        Leave Space Empty

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GPOC View Post
          From South Ga to Alaska???????????????

          oh god the cold
          Sounds like moving from hell to heaven. I can hardly stand the heat in the northeast during the summer.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would move to Alaska in a second if my son could go with me..But I wont leave him..

            Alaska is great

            Comment


            • #7
              Does anyone know the chances of getting posted in or near Anchorage with the Alaska State Troopers?
              The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

              Comment


              • #8
                Asp

                I looked over the website and it said that you first assignment is always to a rural area. And if I remember correctly it said for a year or maybe even two.... and it is a big move. But Ive always lived in Ga. Don't know if anyone has heard of St Simon's Is or Sea Island, but I stay in the town that encompasses both. A number of beaches. Everyone loves to come here, but I'm ready to get gone. Ive also taken and passed the test for the Georgia State Patrol and am getting ready to begin the process, but that next class starts in Jan, Alaska's starts in Feb. So Ive got plenty of time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by police3704 View Post
                  I looked over the website and it said that you first assignment is always to a rural area. And if I remember correctly it said for a year or maybe even two.... and it is a big move. But Ive always lived in Ga. Don't know if anyone has heard of St Simon's Is or Sea Island, but I stay in the town that encompasses both. A number of beaches. Everyone loves to come here, but I'm ready to get gone. Ive also taken and passed the test for the Georgia State Patrol and am getting ready to begin the process, but that next class starts in Jan, Alaska's starts in Feb. So Ive got plenty of time.

                  St. Simons was a life saver while at FLETC but Brunswick is a freaking dump
                  Leave Space Empty

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I liked that area, except Brunswick what a s*$t hole

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Alaska State Troopers

                      http://www.dps.state.ak.us/pio

                      Check them out. I completed a career with the Alaska State Troopers, you have good times and bad times just like every where else. You are on your own a lot and back up can be a distance away in the rural areas. You learn to use your mouth. That's what all the equipment around your waste is for, when your mouth fails you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by police3704 View Post
                        I looked over the website and it said that you first assignment is always to a rural area. And if I remember correctly it said for a year or maybe even two.... and it is a big move. But Ive always lived in Ga. Don't know if anyone has heard of St Simon's Is or Sea Island, but I stay in the town that encompasses both. A number of beaches. Everyone loves to come here, but I'm ready to get gone. Ive also taken and passed the test for the Georgia State Patrol and am getting ready to begin the process, but that next class starts in Jan, Alaska's starts in Feb. So Ive got plenty of time.
                        actually your first assignment is in a more populated areas like fairbanks, palmer, or soldotna for a year or two. Your second assignment is usually a remote rural area thats only airplane accessible. If you are lucky enough you can get your rural bid accepted on a rural area thats still on the highway system like Delta, Cantwell, Tok, Nenana, or Valdez

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jessyca View Post
                          Does anyone know the chances of getting posted in or near Anchorage with the Alaska State Troopers?
                          New troopers dont get stationed in Anchorage. The only troopers in Anchorage are admin positions and ABADE(Alaska Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Enforcement) and they spend a lot of time in villages. The Anchorage city police take care of all the municipality calls and troopers rarely ever get involved in anything within municipality of anchorage borders even though the troopers have jurisdiction anywhere in this entire state including military installations. I think the closest post is Girdwood which is about 35 miles from Anchorage. Then the next closest is the Matsu Valley thats about 40 miles away from Anchorage. The Fairbanks area is the busiest detachment

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 2884 users online. 168 members and 2716 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X