Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdub
    replied
    One of my friends dad is a former special agent for Reagan and Bush Sr. and told me there is a hiring freeze right now. He's going to try and get me more information. There is a job fair June 8th I'm going to go talk to USSS there, and continue to fill out this application. Thanks everybody.

Leave a comment:

• tripledouble
    replied
    Originally posted by cdub View Post
    Is it worth a shot or not?
    Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• ud22206
    replied
    ummmmm

yeah. i think youll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Do I Have What it Takes?

Originally posted by jimdvs View Post
    Also, its not "Uniform Division" it's Uniformed Division, best to know the name of the place you are considering applying for. What you need to do is visit the USSS website, www.secretservice.gov, and review the information about the Uniformed Division under the Employment link. If it's what you want to do then download the preliminary application packet and start filling it out. Once its filled out contact the U.D. recruiting office (number can be found on the website) and register for the next POST. Good luck. PM me if you have questions.
    Well, you look pretty good to me, but I don't do Backgrounds or hiring for the Secret Service. Go to the website above, and see if you meet the Service's basic requirements for Uniformed Officer. I would also suggest you take a look at the U.S. Capitol Police, U.S. Park Police, as well as agencies at the State and local levels. Don't limit yourself to only one agency. One of the most pleasent dilema's you'll ever experience, is having to make a choice between one or more agencies offering you employment.

Leave a comment:

• jimdvs
    replied
    Also, its not "Uniform Division" it's Uniformed Division, best to know the name of the place you are considering applying for. What you need to do is visit the USSS website, www.secretservice.gov, and review the information about the Uniformed Division under the Employment link. If it's what you want to do then download the preliminary application packet and start filling it out. Once its filled out contact the U.D. recruiting office (number can be found on the website) and register for the next POST. Good luck. PM me if you have questions.

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    thats for the secret agent. uniform division requires a high school diploma...

thanks for the replies everybody.
    Actually you don't need a degree for either. A degree is great but experience can be just as good depending on what the experience is. For SA 3 years of qualifying experience can get you the job as well. Have a buddy that's Secret Service SA and hasn't finished his degree yet.

And it's Special Agent not Secret Agent.
    Last edited by manstown; 05-26-2007, 10:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cdub
    replied
    Originally posted by IMachU View Post
    I believe youalso need a BS degree, although it doesn't matter what the degree is in. I think they prefer an accounting degree, but will take any 4 year degree.
    thats for the secret agent. uniform division requires a high school diploma...

thanks for the replies everybody.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I believe youalso need a BS degree, although it doesn't matter what the degree is in. I think they prefer an accounting degree, but will take any 4 year degree.

Leave a comment:

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    I agree with the others, there is no telling 'till you try. That being said you only appear to be missing one thing. If you had a degree, you would look pretty awesome on paper. Of course attitude is important too!

EDJ

Leave a comment:

• SA13
    replied
    . . . do I have what it takes?
    Well Corey, no one here can answer that for you. The only way you will get an answer is if you man up and apply. If you make through the application process, and through training then you have what it takes, if you don't make it then you don't have what it takes. Everything else is mere speculation.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    Nobody can really answer the question without knowing you. How many times you work out, how much you bench.......doesn't matter unless you throw your hat into the hiring ring. So if you want to get into FLE, go for it. And don't just stop there. Try the Crapitol Police. If you want to do more involved LE apply to Local departments. You'll be happier with your day to day duties. For the most part at UD or USCP, you'll be doing more standing then arresting. In fact you may not do any arresting throughout your career with either of the two. But on a municipality department you will have many chances to go to different units, and do just more police work in general. Look at the departments in your area. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• cdub
    started a topic USSS UD, do I have what it takes?

USSS UD, do I have what it takes?

I know you all probably have a million threads or posts about this topic so I apologize, but I figure I might as well ask maybe someone here will have more information for me.

I currently work at NASA in Greenbelt Maryland as a Gov. Contractor. I currently work on all the HVAC units on the entire base but sent in for my third class engineers license to be a building engineer.

What triggered my interest in the USSS was when Queen Elizabeth came to our center to visit, my company worked along side the USSS to setup the entrance, road blocking with barriers, check offices with the K9 units, etc. I have always wanted to be some sort of law enforcement but never thought about it seriously. Well now that I'm 21, I'm taking a great interest.

I am 6'0" and about 180-185 pounds. I work out at the gym everyday except the weekend. I play soccer as well. I can bench 330 pounds, I can run a 5 minute mile. I'm in pretty much incredible shape, its an important part of my life. In being the best shape I've ever been in my life I decided why not give this a shot?

To work at NASA I just had to go through a huge extensive background check as homeland security has changed the policies to work on any Government facility. I pretty much have one of the highest clearances(to my knowledge). I know I only work on HVAC units, but they feed some of the most important clean rooms, and server rooms. We also take care of some units that keep server rooms cool enough for global communications, even some of NSA's satellites. If the unit goes down, the room gets too hot, the servers will shut down, and we lose communications. I'm more or less part of the team of the people that arn't seen or recognized yet play an important part.

I would love to join the USSS. I feel I'm in shape enough, I have no criminal record other than some speeding tickets, I've never done a drug in my life, I have a positive attitude and a good head on my shoulders. I'm also very patriotic, and love our country. Does this sound like something I am qualified to do, although with no prior LE experience, you have to learn somewhere, and I've heard you can get in with no experience at all. Is it worth a shot or not?

I know I'm going to do it either way, but I would like some confidence to back me and keep me motivated to apply and get in.

Let me know what you think.

Everything is greatly appreciated.

Corey.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4811 users online. 320 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X