Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often are information sessions? I just missed the one in my district by three weeks.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Varies greatly. Your best bet is to get on as many lists as possible and travel to the closest/sooner information session you can find. It will take some legwork and determination. I probably called a dozen recruiting officers or more to end up with three options, all around the same time last year.

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      My recruiter advised me of two info sessions across the country. You may just have to travel.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it goes in waves. There were only openings in SWB at first and then it really started to open up in the SE and parts of the east coast. Feast or famine.

• What’s going on gents hope everyone is moving through process at a decent pace. Anyone from this announcement had any correspondence with USMS on whether or not they gained medical clearance and had their background successfully adjudicated? I’m just waiting on word for those two big ticket items now. Has anyone been contacted to schedule FIT test? I guess thats the tell tell sign your medical is good to go. Having VA ratings I’m pretty sure I will have to fight up hill on this before getting medically cleared but who knows. I saw on one of these USMS discussion boards there was rumors of them firing academies back up sooner than October. Obviously I know I’m not going that soon but it would be great to clear out the log jam with all the candidates in the “readiness pool” so that our wait time isnt absurd. I read an article about how DOJ said USMS needs to hire 1200 deputies to be sufficient in protecting the Federal Court System. Hopefully I’m one of them..

Comment

• bondman007
      bondman007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting on those 2 things too. I reached out a few weeks ago and was told that Im still active, background portion alone could take 9 months, and will be notified after clearing each step ( I doubt that part lol). Also FITs will only be conducted once all other hiring aspects are fully completed AND within 90 days of a POSSIBLE class date.

• XJ1940
      XJ1940 commented
      Editing a comment
      Waiting on those two big ticket items as well. I still go under the assumption of no news is good news.

• Jordan24
      Jordan24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Same here, waiting on those. I did medical in January, I have tired to reach out to the applicant medical email but they don't reply lol. I also have VA ratings, and I am surprised they haven't reached out for more documentation or anything of that kind.

• So...I went from no information after applying on USAJobs in June 2020 to having a interview to schedule...a year later? So I'll be attending that this week.

Comment

• Newguy1617
      Newguy1617 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. Same here, I had actually forgotten about this announcement and was starting to look into future ones. I have my interview mid July, we’ll see how it goes.

• Has anyone in the process done their Polygraph yet? Or is the poly not part of the Hiring process for the Marshals? I cannot find any info on that online.

Comment

• Anyone from this vacancy announcement who is waiting to be hired, you might consider applying again for the current vacancy announcement. There are info sessions coming up soon in Oklahoma and San Diego.

Comment

• When do newly appointed deputies start getting LEAP? Is it safe to say that for the first years deputies only work 80 hrs a payperiod?

Comment

• futureFLEO
        futureFLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        You don’t get leap until you’re a Gs- 11 - 1811. So two years. Mostly 80 hour weeks but some offices have opportunities for overtime which you still get as a 0082.

• Will they try to match my current pay? Let’s say a current gs-12 drops to a gs-7, will they offer a gs-7 step 10? Thanks.

Comment

• futureFLEO
        futureFLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, if you are a current federal employee they will step you out to a max of 7 step 10

• Morning,
      I just found out I am actually still an applicant in this announcement. I went to an information session in March and received an invite to SLC for the interview in June, I assumed it was for the information session and not this announcement due to timeline. However, DUSM Exam advised it was for this announcement.

Does anyone know if the hiring lists are separate for different announcements? I only put Tucson, Corpus Christi, and San Diego for this announcement but checked nation wide for the information session paperwork. I assume RG are added to the same hiring list as everyone else and the hiring manager picks the most qualified regardless of which announcement.

Sorry for the long question I am just confused now and saw some recent posts that other RG applicants have recently started moving forward through this announcement as well.

I honestly discounted this announcement. Thanks for any info.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Hiring lists are totally separate for different schedule B vacancy announcements. I assume RG and schedule B would be separate from each other. If they’re offering you an interview for the RG announcement, then it’s pretty safe to assume it is a different hiring cycle or pool.

• Chicks406
        Chicks406 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, thanks for the reply.
        I emailed DUSM Exam about my background and they informed me I was still in the applicant pool for the RG announcement. I assumed most of these applicants would be ready and waiting by now.
        But a few posts up I see some are getting their interviews.

Thanks again.

• Has anybody that interviewed last month heard anything back? I interviewed in Dallas and still nothing.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        The ineligible notices go out first. No news is good news at this point. I interviewed mid March and heard back about three weeks later about a TOL.

• Newguy1617
        Newguy1617 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, this gives me a little peace of mind. I’ve seen people get their TOL’s within 11 days of their interview. I’m going on a month since I interviewed.

• XJ1940
        XJ1940 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of us interviewed last year and TOLs the beginning of this year, no news is good news.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Two weeks is apparently not the norm the last few years. I think it was just the 2021 Dallas interviews where that was common.

• Hello I would just like to echo some previous posts here. If you advance to backgrounds don't automatically assume you cleared medical. I submitted my eqip last week of April and interviewed with my background investigator first week of May. I emailed HRD 2 weeks ago to ask about my status and was informed that my medical clearance was still pending and that my security clearance was awaiting adjudication. Medical didn't email me additional paperwork until I had emailed HRD to ask about my status.

Comment

• https://federalnewsnetwork.com/hirin...erns-opm-says/
        Last edited by jamesch20; 08-18-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• New FY approaching, anyone have or get any good news/traction lately?

Comment

• Gabulldogs88
            Gabulldogs88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Radio silence since interview in June. (Except they asked for transcripts).

• Has any one NOT received any information on background? I received and completed my medical within the 45 days, however, it has been 2.5 months since I received that email. I have reached out but only get “if anything changes we will let you know.” I was worried about the 45 day deadline they set, but it does not seem to be an issue on their side.

Comment

• XJ1940
            XJ1940 commented
            Editing a comment
            I completed my medical early on in the year, nothing since.

• BK4448
            BK4448 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, I think we're all in the same boat. I guess they don't want to do backgrounds until they get the first couple classes filled?

• ranger things
            ranger things commented
            Editing a comment
            BK4448 I don't know about that, there are a couple of people on the forum that said their backgrounds took a month to be adjudicated... so there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to how this all gets done.

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the replies. It does seem to be random but I wanted to make sure I didn’t slip through the cracks on the background portion I never even received a eQIP. Good luck to everyone, hopefully this process starts moving forward quicker.

• According to my investigator my investigation was finished and sent up at the start of July. I sent HRD an email during the second week of August and there was still no adjudication made on my clearance. I recently sent back paperwork to the medical folks as they asked for my doctor's evaluation of a knee surgery I got while I was in the Army. I asked for a confirmation email that they got my documentation, but radio silence on their end so I'll be emailing HR again in the coming week to make sure they got it. Anyone here make it all the way through backgrounds and medical yet?

Current timeline
          June 2020-Applied and Written Exam
          October 2020- Structured Interview
          November 2020- TOL
          February 2021- Medical 1 and 2
          April 2021- EQIP
          May 2021- BI Interview
          Background adjudication - TBD
          Medical clearance - TBD
          FIT -TBD
          Last edited by La-Rosalie; 09-21-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a pretty similar timeline. Also haven't heard anything. I email them every 2 months and get the standard " you're an active applicant, we'll contact you if we need something".

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            There are several 2020 applicants who report passing the background recently, but I don’t know of anyone from that group who is medically cleared.

• parkscout93
            parkscout93 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m a Wave 5 2019 applicant and I got this email back in July when I asked for an update:

“ You have completed the background investigation and the medical exam and are now eligible for consideration for attending the training academy. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all processes have been impacted and at this time we are currently not making selections for the training academy for new candidates. It is not anticipated that new class seating will be available until FY 2022. Should your status change, or we resume the selection process, someone from our team should contact you for additional actions, fit testing, and drug testing. You may also be contacted to update your medical exam. Thank you for your continued interest in the DUSM position.”

• Anyone here gonna be at the Jacksonville interviews next month?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3195 users online. 144 members and 3051 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X