Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well completed the medical examination at the local FOH contracted clinic. Got everything knocked out that was ordered by USMS without a problem except the respirator test (spirometer test). For some reason the clinic couldn’t do that test. I specifically asked them about it and they told me we could not do it or something. Could this be due to Covid-19 protocols or something that came down from FOH? Anyone experience this or have any insight? Thanks

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably like everything else - case by case basis depending on the FOH you visit. I had to do my medical at a contracting location for part 1 (Concentra) and a FOH for part 2 (Blood/Urine).

It should have all be done in one shot but Concentra wasn’t doing bodily fluid stuff around this time last year near me.

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Possible it's case by case or a recent change. I did my FOH last year.

• LeoGrind33
      LeoGrind33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good information guys. Yeah I figured it was probably a Covid type policy. Glad to hear I’m not the only one who experienced that discrepancy. Especially since it doesn’t seem to be a road block to gaining medical clearance and they just move on like nothing happened. Now it’s a waiting game for me I suppose. Having submitted VA Rating documents with my packet I’m assuming it will take longer for them to medically clear me. What do they do cross reference your VA docs with your USM-522 med packet then make determinations based off what the examining physician and labs show?

• Purpleranes
      Purpleranes commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question, I submitted my VA docs and did my Med appointment but haven’t heard anything since.

• It’s been a while since my interview and even since I received my TO for this announcement. However, one thing that I have been pondering since my interview is why the staff who handled my interview that day had me complete several Schedule B and Geo Location preferences when I applied to the Recent Grads announcement and was referred to those specific locations. Is this a situation where they are merging the hiring paths or was it possibly just a situation where they were also interviewing schedule B candidates at the same time and just generalized everyone’s process that day? Because if my research is accurate from previous Recent Grad announcements then you will only be considered/hired for the areas surrounding the location you picked in the announcement. Schedule B seems like you could literally be assigned to any region within the US or it’s territories. Has anyone else experienced this or been given an answer as to why this may have occurred?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm interested to hear the answer to that too, I was schedule B for 2020.

I'm also trying to find out if it makes someone more competitive for getting an offer if they check the nationwide box on the preference sheet.

• XJ1940
      XJ1940 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good question, I also applied to Recent Grads and they had me do this as well. I’d like to know as well.

• Jrod26
      Jrod26 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know why we were asked to fill out a geographic location preference under this announcement. What I do know is that HRD wrote to me that we will only be offered the locations under this announcement for which we were referred for.

• Well.. just got word I failed my interview.. I actually thought I did good too.. till next time

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry brother. Massive retirements across the board including the Marshals. Re-apply as soon as possible it you really want it!

• Purpleranes
      Purpleranes commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry brother! Don’t let it discourage you! Keep pushing!

• It’s been awfully quiet on here for this announcement. How’s everyone’s process moving along? Did my medical examination a couple weeks back and all was good. Well a week later I got contacted by QTC medical saying the clinic “Lost or misplaced” my lab work and Vision Test info. Incredibly frustrating and border line HIPAA Violation considering I’m sure my SSN was on the blood containers. Anyway I then had to last minute tell my current supervisor I had to go to the doctors office to fix their mistake and get charged sick time. Oh the things I would do to officially get hired on for this position..Now it’s just waiting game and keeping my fingers crossed they don’t hammer me too hard over my VA Disabilities.

Comment

• beattheodds7051
      beattheodds7051 commented
      Editing a comment
      gotta love it when these things happen. At least you're in the homestretch!

• BPVAFED
      BPVAFED commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that's tough but things do happen, I thought I was medically cleared since March of 2020.Turns out they had not sent me an email from May 2020 asking for some additional paperwork from my PCP. I reached out to Recruiting and after a few emails back and forth the issue was resolved. I am now waiting on a class date but even that has been delayed until FY2022. Hang in there bud!

• Oliver102012
      Oliver102012 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m about where you are, finished my medical early March.

• Hey guys hope everything has been progressing well for everyone. I just got the email invitation to initiate my e-QIP for my background investigation. I was caught off guard by this considering I had just had my medical exam March. I would be shocked if I was already medically cleared. I believe most candidates get contacted for Background once they are medically cleared based on previous posts from the other DUSM announcements. This will definitely speed up the process if they start my background up. Anyone else have this happen?

Comment

• Got my eQIP and fingerprint invite Monday morning. Medical was end of Dec/ Jan. A pleasant surprise to be sure!

Comment

• Hey guys any advise for an ICE ERO guy moving over to the USMS side of the G? Any prep before hand? I’m going to an info session soon and I’m full anticipating the process to take 1.5-2 years, which I’m fine with. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Comment

• Hey all,

This message is for those of us that are still in the running.

A few of us have a discord chat going, if you're interested in joining for info throughout the hiring process direct message me. Please include what phase in the process you're at, no names or personal information. I will send a link to the chat.

Comment

• VAMatt311
          VAMatt311 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just messaged you.

• Jobear1
          Jobear1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Messaged you

• How long does it generally take for a medical clearance? How much emphasis do they put on your VA paperwork?

Comment

• Hey would I be able to join your discord that was created for this? I saw it on a previous post and am just looking to compare where everyone is at. I had my interview back in November.

Comment

• First time posting. Timeline is below.

June 2020: Applied/referred.
            October 22nd 2020: Interview
            December 7th 2020: TOL
            January 2020: Medical completed
            April 5th: Fingerprints and EQIP completed
            April 28th: Background Interview

Some of my references have already been contacted as well. Standing by to stand by...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5413 users online. 316 members and 5097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X