Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eligible but not referred. Congratulations to everyone who was referred though, best of luck to you all in the rest of the application process!

Comment

Not referred. I’ve been out of school for a while so I figured it was a long shot.

I called our district recruiter about schedule B recruiting too. He put me on their email list, but he said they generally recruit people with military/LEO experience. The recent grad announcement is generally how people without those experiences get in.

Finally, (for those thinking of maybe transferring into USMS one day) he said they’re no longer doing 1811 transfers. You can transfer you’ll just have to start at the bottom.

Not sure if this is just for this particular district or the entire USMS. So YMMV.

Comment

Cant post a pic in a comment but this is what I got sent. Dunno why it would mention an assessment unless its referring to the one last year.
        Attached Files

Comment

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you last take the assessment? If you failed it lesss than a year ago that is the reason.

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah under a year. Sh it that sucks! Thanks for the info.

All of AZ, TX, and San Diego location.. 7 in total

Comment

Got an Eligible Score 86 but was not referred. Not sure what didn't get me referred current active duty military officer, will try again with Sch B. Good look to everyone who applied!

Comment

• Grey De Leon
            Grey De Leon commented
            Editing a comment
            Chicks406 yes I'm currently active duty, my command gave me a Statment of Service. I've got a bit of time left on this tour, so applying everywhere and seeing which agency give me the final offer.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotcha yeah I didnt get a score as apparently my failure from last year carried over. Lame. See you in the schedule b thread!
            Last edited by nonotnow; 06-24-2020, 04:39 PM.

• parkscout93
            parkscout93 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in this boat as well. Scored 86, but AD military, I was listed eligible but not referred.

• Grey De Leon
            Grey De Leon commented
            Editing a comment
            parkscout93 Just talked to the local USMS recruiter and said he was hearing the same thing from other applicants. It seems like if you were AD got jumped ahead by Vets. Hopefully, Sch B starts up agian.

Comment

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            Took an online assessment with 24 hours of applying

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            I didnt take one but maybe that's because I wasn't within the scope of this announcement. Just weird it says I didnt achievethe minimum score when I was never emailed to take one. Unless jts using last years results when I failed.

• DB9173
            DB9173 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can only take the assessment once within a year I believe. The results will be used from previous test if it was taken in that time frame.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes the most sense. What a crock. Oh well, applying next month for schedule B anyway. I appreciate the info guys. Super helpful

Eligible but not referred... masters grad and veteran; picked all the locations.. good luck to those who moved forward.

Comment

• Andrewmp2020
            Andrewmp2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Might have been the cut off score.. i scored a 85 with vet preference as well

• Montey
            Montey commented
            Editing a comment
            Ruh Should be in parenthesis in your NOR

• Montey
            Montey commented
            Editing a comment
            Chicks406 Not yet, I’ll post on this thread if they do.

• Montey
            Montey commented
            Editing a comment
            Andrewmp2020 Yeah unfortunate, hopefully better luck with Schedule B

I was referred to all locations with an 85

Comment

• Andrewmp2020
            Andrewmp2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I am a vet

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you submit anything besides a DD214? I was told by OPM that my veterans preference could not be verified. I served from 2010-2016.

• Andrewmp2020
            Andrewmp2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            honestly.. for this announcement I don't even think they have veteran preference.. but yea i uploaded dd214 and VA paperwork

• Montey
            Montey commented
            Editing a comment
            I found out through a USDM that Vets have only been referred at this time.

I received a 89 and work already for the agency. Didn’t get referred .

Comment

I received a score of 89 and not referred.

Comment

• Andrewmp2020
              Andrewmp2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe they are only referring Vets at this time

• ZH97
              ZH97 commented
              Editing a comment
              89 and not referred for me as well but I’m just a college grad so not too surprised. However, given what people have said about scoring well while being active duty or working for other agencies and still not getting referred does suggest that they may only be taking a specific set of applicants, such as veterans.

So I do know from working with some DUSMs who were on active duty military orders, USMS did not like the type of applicants they got last time there was a recent graduate program (the SCEP program that ended in 2012 and was replaced with Pathways). USMS prefers applicants with military or law enforcement background, as that is the type of culture they want for the organization. So if they have found some way to use a recent grad program to fill vacancies that are hard to fill, but cut the applications that don't indicate veteran's preference, that would not surprise me.

Comment

• Texan2050
              Texan2050 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you referring to the 2018 RG announcement as well? I feel like they picked up quite a few folks without LE/military backgrounds from that one...but then again the only locations for that one was DC superior and PR.
              Last edited by Texan2050; 06-26-2020, 11:37 AM.

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              I wasn't referring to that one. The program I was referring to was the one where they get college interns, and those interns can non-competitively apply to be DUSMs once they get their degree. The DUSM/reservist I was working with said everybody hated the applicants they got out of those programs, and they wanted the agency culture to be LE/MIL backgrounds as much as possible.

• Texan2050
              Texan2050 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahhhhhh 10-4

I emailed them and only the below individuals were referred:

1.highly qualified veteran preference
            2. well qualified veteran preference
            3. highly qualified non-veterans

As a non-veteran and scored a 89, I question what score is considered “highly qualified” for non-veterans. Does any one know?

Comment

Anyone hear anything after referrals?

Comment

• XJ1940
                XJ1940 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing on my end. Just like the many of you, I was referred to all locations. (90) Vet pref.

I was referred to DC, Corpus Christi, and San Diego. I’m Mil/Leo. Does anyone know how long the process is in general?

Comment

• Michael Scarn
                Michael Scarn commented
                Editing a comment
                I would say an average of 18 months. Just my guess. Some get through faster and some slower.

• XJ1940
                XJ1940 commented
                Editing a comment
                I assume background is where it gets slow. Most of these are border areas, so who knows the need.

Koo, let's keep each other updated.. gonna be a long process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4522 users online. 308 members and 4214 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X