300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2020 U.S. Marshals Recent Graduate Announcment

New Recent-Grad Announcement has been posted for USMS. Graduate within 2 years for non-vets and 6 years for vets. They're cutting it off on the day they hit 2500 applicants, so I wouldn't wait to apply.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569235000#

What are the fitness requirements? Is it similar to USSS/DEA/FBI?

Comment

So only those locations listed I guess. Damn I would have applied.

Comment

For clarification: I am a veteran who got out in 2009, but I completed my bachelors in August 2016. Do I qualify?

Comment

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        You should, as long as you qualify for veteran's preference.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by parkscout93; 06-06-2020, 01:36 PM. Reason: Didn't realize someone already addressed this farther down.

Man I got excited and missed that the “recent grad” part is mandatory.

Does USMS do Schedule B hiring too?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        For the info sessions? Yeah, I did some training with usms and so i met a recruiter and been in constant contact with him. Basically once a month making sure it's still delayed.

• UsafSFJoel
        UsafSFJoel commented
        Editing a comment
        nonotnow Where would i find the information for the information sessions and or sch b hiring?

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want info now go check out the 2019 usms schedule b thread. Otherwise look up the usms near you and try to get ahold of a recruiter

• big_bob_69
        big_bob_69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I found a document from 2017 with all the recruiting contacts for each district. Just google “USMS recruiting” and it’ll be on the first page of results.

I failed the background for the 2017 announcement, I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one!

Maybe they won't remember me

Comment

Originally posted by ShortRound87 View Post
        For clarification: I am a veteran who got out in 2009, but I completed my bachelors in August 2016. Do I qualify?

No, you don't for this one.

You are a preference eligible veteran who was precluded from applying to a recent graduate position during the two-year eligibility period due to a military service obligation, and not more than six years have transpired since you completed the requirements for completion of a diploma, degree, or certificate program. (Must submit transcripts and proof of veterans' preference)

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Still slightly confused, do AD military guys qualify?

• MaxD1207
          MaxD1207 commented
          Editing a comment
          The six year period is for applicants who could not apply or did not complete the requirements at the time of the announcement because they were on active duty or deployed at the time. So you do not qualify for this particular announcement.
          Last edited by MaxD1207; 06-03-2020, 05:39 PM.

• MaxD1207
          MaxD1207 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...#url=graduates

Good afternoon,

First post and first time applying. I only selected a few of the vacancies I thought this was similar to a military “wish list,” and in the end, you go wherever the Marshals need you. However, it sounds more like you are only selected based on the locations you put. Does anyone know if you have a higher chance of being chosen if you put more sites? Or are you racked and stacked before the locations even come into play? Thank you For any information.

Comment

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          From my experience, although the last one only had 2 locations, they end up choosing for you. I selected PR and was given DC. With this one having 10 locations it could be different

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the reply and information.

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chicks406 From my understanding, at the end of the process you'll get a call from a district office as a mini phone interview, and then they'll ask you if you want the job. If you say no because you don't want to go there, that office will move onto the next person on the list. What happens to your name from there is anyone's guess, at least for the people on this forum. Maybe you'll get a call from another office, but maybe you won't. I don't know what your personal circumstances may be in regards to where you need to live, but you're already limiting yourself at the beginning of the process by not selecting everywhere. How many times do you want to say no to an offer and risk not getting another one, especially when there are applicants ready to say yes to the first offer? You only have to do 3 years at your first office before you're eligible to transfer (which is very common from what I here. One of the guys I'm working with in the military is a DUSM in his civilian job).

I'm not trying to disparage you, but the answer to your question "does anyone know if you have a higher chance of being chosen if you put more sites?" is yes, because you have more options. District offices offer jobs from eligible candidates from a roster and look at resumes before they offer, instead of HQ hiring all new applicants and deciding where they go while they're in the academy.

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          parkscout93 thank you for the reply and information. I agree with you and I completely understand, I don't need to live anywhere and would be willing to take any assignment to get hired as a Marshal. I just didn't realize you would be contacted
          by a district office. I (sounds like) wrongfully assumed the list was just a wish list, my only similar experience is military for different assignments. Your last statement clears it up, thanks again.

I talked to a local USMS recruiter that suggested to apply for this announcement (I'm prior military a bit outside the recent grad window). Seems like they aren't sure when Sch B will kick back up.

Comment

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          It closed two days ago. But they are severely backlogged. There are still 2018 recent grads in the process.

Any idea when we’ll get the NOR?

Comment

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          For my Schedule B app, it took about a month from app to referral.

• Mike01
          Mike01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Anyone know the next step if you get referred? Can’t find anything on their website.

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          You get called for an interview.

Has anyone received a NOR for this announcement or heard anything?

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing here. I imagine it'll be a bit before we do.

• ZH97
          ZH97 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I haven’t heard anything yet either.

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got notified that I was not referred to any location, but I was eligible for GL-7 paygrade. I wonder if its because I already have a tentative offer letter under Schedule B.

Just got an email saying I'm eligible and referred to only one of the locations I selected!

Comment

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats, do you mind sharing which location?

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Corpus Christi

• Chicks406
          Chicks406 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you and congrats again.

Not eligible not referred. But question. Says I'm not referred due to score on assessment not above minimum. Does that mean I'm not referred because of my education and not being in the timeframe or because of an online test we took? I've applied numerous times I don't even remember taking an assessment.
        Last edited by nonotnow; 06-23-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Under the notice of results paragraph, the last thing was (87) so maybe that's the score? Also was invited to take a personality/ Grammer/reasoning assessment shortly after submitting my app. So maybe that's what they base it on?

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          I didnt get a score number. I just got this. I'm just confused. I assume I was eligible based on school. Dunno why it would mention an assessment. I took it last year and didnt pass if that matters

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          There's an assessment you have to take typically within 24-48 hours after submitting your application. If you did not take the assessment or didn't score high enough, then that would be the reason. I know a lot of highly qualified and very experienced people who have not passed the assessment for whatever reason. Unfortunately, they don't share the results or explain why you did not pass. I would think that is to protect the integrity of the test so that people can't game the system the second time around. FWIW...

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I did not take that assessment this time around. I took it last year and failed though. Thanks. I just wasnt sure if people had taken it after filling out the app. Whe I took it last year I took it days or so after filling out usajobs like you said. That was under schedule B though.

Eligible but not referred to the three locations I selected. It did not specify why I was not referred. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Got referred to all my locations I selected. I think my score was a 85..

Comment

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Mind sharing which locations. I only got referred for Corpus Christi.

• Andrewmp2020
            Andrewmp2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            all of tx, AZ, and San Diego.. 7 in total

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4723 users online. 320 members and 4403 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X