300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boston3011 View Post
    Just heard back and even though I have an active TS and a full scope poly in the last three years from federal LE, they’re still making me take another polygraph. Has anyone had this happen to them or heard anything on this?
    Didn’t have this exact situation. However, I did have a TS (with extra letters at the end) and still had to have a poly. The good news was that when my poly was completed they reciprocated my TS which made the process appear to go faster. FWIW.

Comment

• UCLA1998
      UCLA1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Polygraphs don’t reciprocate unless within a year. Even then big agency’s (ATF, HSI, USSS, and DEA) will require one no matter what.

• MotorT3531
      MotorT3531 commented
      Editing a comment
      took my poly and still have not heard anything...

Alright sounds good, I appreciate it

Comment

Anyone here from Florida, who is in the process?

Comment

Edit. Answered
        Last edited by NYC1175; 04-02-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

For those of us who applied in January, Testing delayed and will not begin the week of April 5th.

Comment

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, just saw the email.

Good afternoon has anybody who recently attended the latest info session been invited to the June announcement yet? Thanks

Comment

Has anyone attended an information session through DC?

Comment

The fingerprints envelope., should I wait for interview results to deliver it to headquarters or I can send it anytime prior to that? Thanks!
              Last edited by Mandony; 04-06-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Adrenaline54
                Adrenaline54 commented
                Editing a comment
                I had my interview yesterday and they told me to wait until I get the results back on if I pass/fail the interview. They said there is no need to send it in if you dont pass the interview.

Did anyone attend the D.C. panel interviews at the end of January 2021? Looking to see if anyone has received their results. Still no word on pass/fail.

Comment

• Dizzyd
                Dizzyd commented
                Editing a comment
                Had my interview at the end of January. I’ve already submitted the E-Qip and scheduled for the poly this month on the 20th. I guess everyone moves at a different pace.

• OCN_1
                OCN_1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Interviewed first week of February, told I passed same day, still haven’t received any emails or calls in regards to the next step.

My Interview was end of March in DC. Looks like a long ride...

Comment

Dizzyd and OCN_1, was this in DC? I can’t believe it’d be same day. Even more so if it’s the same office. That likely does not bode well for my results I guess. Unfortunately it was my first panel interview for an 1811 so I’m not feeling too confident about the performance.

Mandony, let’s hope it doesn’t take you as long as it’s taken me to hear a response.

Comment

• OCN_1
                  OCN_1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine was not in DC - however I’m still waiting for my “official” results of the interview, so I wouldn’t sweat it if I was you. I just have a connection who gave me the heads up.

Anyone think bidden’s push for firearm restrictions will help push for more recruitment for ATF? Perhaps a direct hire announcement similar to what HSI is currently doing?

Comment

Hello all,
                  I am from the batch of applicants who submitted minimum qualifications Jan 29th 2021. We are now waiting for exam scheduling info, as it has been postponed. I have multiple specific questions regarding the exam and PTT and was wondering if anyone who is farther along in the process can answer.
                  For the ATF SA Exam:
                  -I have completed the “Master the Special Agent Exam” workbook by Peterson’s and would like additional practice, particularly more math practice tests. Please give suggestions on other study books that you have found helpful for the ATF SA exam and if possible, links to buy them.
                  -On test day, are the three test sections separately timed with a little rest in between?
                  -Did the time feel sufficient, or should I really practice moving quickly through the problems?
                  On the ATF PTT:
                  -For the sit-ups, it says “partner holds your ankles” – does someone put their knees on your feet for the exercise?
                  -For the push-ups, if you hit the required number in faster than a minute can you stop before the minute is over and it is considered passing or must you go for the whole minute?
                  Thanks everyone and best of luck!

Comment

• Srok1
                    Srok1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good questions, I hope someone can chime in. I thinknill take a look at the book you used to study as well. My math is definitely rusty.

• Wojo7
                    Wojo7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1. I only used Peterson's and then after I went through that I looked for and/or created practice problems that were similar in style. I also just went through the basic math that could appear.
                    2. Three sections are timed separately and (I think) there is rest in between. I felt like the time was sufficient but I still tried to move through the test quickly but not to the point where I was sacrificing doing well. I would say spend at best 2 minutes per question and if you don't have a clue make an educated guess. I've never been an amazing test taker but everyone is different and some people have enough time to spare to read back over questions.
                    3. If there are enough people from the field office they have instructors hold ankles. For push-ups, you can stop before the minute is over but you have to be in a leaning rest position and hold it until the minute is up.

• Caidoz
                    Caidoz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can use the ICE Criminal Investigator study guide as well. I used it and passed no problems (bought the Pearson boom but ended up not using it).

For the pt test, someone will hold your feet down. They stopped us as soon as we hit our situp and pushup targets as there is no benefit to doing more.

Anyone know or have any inside info as to when the next testing cycle is going to start? Is there a reason the testing cycle is postponed? Is the Atf still planning on their "mass hiring?"

Comment

• ELCUHH
                    ELCUHH commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m thinking the current 1811 lateral vacancy announcement has something to do with testing being postponed. Probably going to test the first waves together. Who knows when that will be...

• OCN_1
                    OCN_1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Word on the street is the testing vendor is no longer secured by ATF, so testing is now delayed until another vendor can be selected

For anyone who completed the interview, were you contacted via email confirming your result and next step? Asking due to the fact that I just recently moved about 15 minutes away from my prior residence, and had the paranoia that they would send the SF86 or other pertinent processing/paperwork without reaching out via email in regards to interview result or next steps

Comment

• Wojo7
                    Wojo7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You get a random email confirming results and the next steps, at least that's how it is for the WFD area. I think they only mail for fingerprint cards.

• Boston3011
                    Boston3011 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got a notification via email that I passed and a separate email containing all of the documents that need to be filled out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2992 users online. 190 members and 2802 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X