300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2CK2021 View Post
    Does anyone know if having in-laws who are not US citizens is a disqualification? My wife is a US citizen and Vet, but her parents are not.
    I would guess a big no on that one- that wouldn't be disqualifying.

Comment

• 2CK2021
      2CK2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I thought the same thing. I hate to put their info out there on the background check but I have no other choice.

• Srok1
      Srok1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Had a friend who went through that scenario with his father in law. They disqualified him, even with a solid letter and everything. but that was for CBP so maybe ATF doesn't give a **** about it. Who knows.

• 2CK2021
      2CK2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I can see that being a conflict of interest for jobs like CBP and ICE, but I hope that it won't mess up my ATF package.

• UCLA1998
      UCLA1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not a big deal. Just put it down on your SF-86 and they’ll have to do a little more digging. It’s not a DQ. My co-worker married a foreigner after dating for 3 years.

Took my PFT, nailed the push-ups and sit-ups, run was rough but got the pass so now waiting on the interview. They told me that they are looking at giving more chance for PFT or pushing it back because of the current hiring climate. Similar to what the FBI has been doing with their PF test.

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do they let you rep it out on the PFT or is it once you hit the rep requirement you stop?

• Grey De Leon
      Grey De Leon commented
      Editing a comment
      They actively told us to stop at the number it's not points based. Straight pass and fail. Though if you fail any part they stop you and game over.

• Wojo7
      Wojo7 commented
      Editing a comment
      They def don't want you to fail so they warn you to not push yourself like crazy before the run.

• Frank020387
      Frank020387 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are giving people more chances to pass the PFT? Do a good amount of people fail the test?

Do you know how long is the wait from PFT to the interview? Taking my pft in a week!

Comment

• SDM8492
      SDM8492 commented
      Editing a comment
      No standard timeline it seems. Just dependent on the office and recruiter you are working with.

Waiting on interview results. Can't wait to hear back.

Comment

All, been trying to reach Los Angeles div to seek possible orientation to no avail. Tried calling nationwide # as well w/no success. Anyone can PM me a contact?

edit: in contact thanks.
      Last edited by Srok1; 02-27-2021, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Passed my interview. I received an email to complete multiple docs to continue the next process

Comment

• Frank020387
          Frank020387 commented
          Editing a comment
          Was the interview really tough?

Just got email to schedule interview. I fly in to take it. LETS GO!!!!!!
        Last edited by Willitopen82; 03-12-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know ANYTHING about ATF's prior drug use policy? I have straight up asked the ATF recruiter and he basically said that he does not know.
          USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
          13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
          18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
          16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
          08Mar21 Interviewed
          19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
          25Jan21 Applied
          18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• MotorT3531
            MotorT3531 commented
            Editing a comment
            Should be identical to the DEA drug policy.

• SDM8492
            SDM8492 commented
            Editing a comment
            "ATF is firmly committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. Individuals applying for ATF employment who are currently involved in illegal drug activities or substance abuse are ineligible for hiring. In addition, past involvement in illegal drug activities or misuse or abuse of substances also may disqualify an applicant from consideration for hiring. However, ATF recognizes qualified applicants may previously have participated in minimal and limited illegal drug activities or substance misuse or abuse at some point during their lifetimes.

During the background investigation process, applicants are required to disclose their current and past illegal drug activities. ATF will initially review this information and apply established internal guidelines to determine whether an applicant’s past drug activities disqualify him/her from hiring consideration. Minimal and limited previous drug activity or substance misuse or abuse that does not initially disqualify an applicant from consideration for hiring under the ATF drug policy guidelines may still be considered as unfavorable information for purposes of favorably adjudicating the applicant’s background investigation.

An applicant for an ATF position may not intentionally misrepresent his/her illegal drug activities."

Source: https://www.atf.gov/careers/drug-policy

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            ^ That vagueness is exactly what I'm talking about. I want to know the cutoff for prior use before wasting my time with their PTT, testing etc.

• jberry811
            jberry811 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am curious about this as well, with some agencies and I am good to go and other agencies I’m not. The ATFs policy has me curious where I stand.

Should be identical to the DEA drug policy.

Comment

Disregard.
            Last edited by ELCUHH; 03-23-2021, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Received an e-mail stating I am tentatively eligible for the position, with more information on testing to follow in early April.

Man, I reallly wish I could get some idea on their prior drug use policy. I don't want to waste my time if I don't meet the requirements.
              USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
              13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
              16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
              08Mar21 Interviewed
              19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              25Jan21 Applied
              18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• bondman007
                bondman007 commented
                Editing a comment
                Got the same email!

• Eliteforce
                Eliteforce commented
                Editing a comment
                Just received it as well. Have you tried reaching out to a recruiter?

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same email. Better start brushing up on my math.

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sad part is that I will most likely not end up with the ATF due to how far along I am with some other agencies; but I might as well try.

Quick question on fitness test - can you rest during pushups? The website says the pushups must be done without stopping but also that you may rest in the up position.

Comment

• Wojo7
                Wojo7 commented
                Editing a comment
                You can stop in the leaning rest, but I'm not sure if you can continue after you stop. I swear that you can as long as your knees don't touch the ground but it's been a few months since I took it so not entirely sure. Usually, they go over everything beforehand so you could ask them.

You can stop in the up position. But one should be able to do all the push-ups without stopping. Not trying to sound like a Karen, just stating a fact. It’s so competitive to get into ATF, don’t risk being DQed due to a technicality. Anyways I received my Equip after waiting 1.5-2 weeks after receiving my TSL and additional forms to complete. Polys may also be waived if you have done one the past 5 years to expedite hiring because of Covid.

Comment

• cmor5150
                cmor5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                Any chance they are they waiving polys if you have a current ts/sci but no past poly?

• Willitopen82
                Willitopen82 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok got 2 questions for you. 1. Have you received a duty location yet and how long after panel interview was TSL? Thanks in advance and good luck getting what you want as far as location.

• Boston3011
                Boston3011 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you have a past poly and receive reciprocity for it? If so how long did you wait? And apologize for the question if it’s dumb but what is a TSL

No duty locations were offered and the wait time from interview to TSL was one month for me. Polys are only possibly waived if you have had one in the past 5 years. TSL is Tentative Selection Letter.

Comment

• Krisown123
                Krisown123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Where did you hear that they would possibly waive polys if you had one in the past 5 years ? Also , does it matter from what agency you had a poly at e.g DEA, CBP? Etc..

Just heard back and even though I have an active TS and a full scope poly in the last three years from federal LE, they’re still making me take another polygraph. Has anyone had this happen to them or heard anything on this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3299 users online. 163 members and 3136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X