• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Checkmate
    Forum Member

• Checkmate
    replied
    Just got the "unsuccessfully completed polygraph" and "no longer a candidate" message on ATF portal. good luck to every one else. I'll be continuing on the hiring process with USMS due to their not using the polygraph for hiring. Good luck to everyone else!

Leave a comment:

• Randallo
    Forum Member

• Randallo
    replied
    Anyone else get a preference sheet and disclosure form last week?

Leave a comment:

• Kmiech
    Forum Member

• Kmiech
    commented on 's reply
    Unethical? Maybe not. But if you’ve been through a poly before you’ve probably dealt with an unprofessional examiner.. I know I have. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
  • Jrod26
    Forum Member

• Jrod26
    commented on 's reply
    @steelman87

Unethical? Ehh... I don't think so. Cops lie to people all the time to gauge a person’s response.
    Jrod26
    Forum Member
    Last edited by Jrod26; 01-08-2022, 09:47 AM.
  • Levithane
    Banned

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    To clarify based on publicly available information. Countermeasures determinations as well as other forms of non selections are granted to an agency from the authority of the Office of Personnel Management. Its categorized as a non selection rather than a suitability denial. Suitability denials fall under Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 731.203. Since it is a regulation this means they would have to have evidence showing why you are not suitable. If I'm not mistaken based on what is written individuals can appeal suitability denials, non selections however they cannot.
  • 2CK2021
    Forum Member

• 2CK2021
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah everyone I know who has taken a Poly has said the same thing haha. Just wait and see.
  • Kmiech
    Forum Member

• Kmiech
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve had good experience and bad ones. With ATF, it was a positive one. The only thing the examiner did at the end was ask if I’m sure there’s nothing I wanted to tell him. I said no, he told me I passed if QC agreed.. However a few years ago with CBP, I had a terrible experience. It was the 3rd poly I had from the same announcement. The examiner told me I was lying and I would never work in LE. 8 years later and here I am with a ton of experience. I’m not sure how they determine which “persona” they wanna play that day. Or who they are going to pass. But it’s all a bunch of bs if you ask me. I think if you have a bunch of LE experience, most times(not all) the examiner will tend to believe you more and pass you. But that’s just my experience.
    Kmiech
    Forum Member
    Last edited by Kmiech; 01-06-2022, 09:43 PM. Reason: Correction
  • kvasir
    Forum Member

• kvasir
    commented on 's reply
    The polygraph is still unproven, from personal experience there was a higher level of confidence with Computerized Voice Stress Analyzers.
    kvasir
    Forum Member
    Last edited by kvasir; 01-06-2022, 09:21 PM.
  • steelman87
    Forum Member

• steelman87
    replied
    Checkmate
    Forum Member
    Checkmate Wow, what you are describing is exactly what happened to me recently, albeit with a different agency. I was told that I lied on and failed every question, and that I was using counter measures to alter my physiology (all of this was absolutely untrue). After 15 minutes of the accusations, and with me obviously denying them, I was walked out of the building. I also was not asked to sign anything, and I haven't heard anything since. That was the day where the polygraph lost all credibility in my eyes.

OCN_1
    Forum Member
    OCN_1 What do you mean by this is textbook? Are you saying that before one even steps foot in the building, the polygraph examiner has already decided ones fate, and they play these kind of games just to eliminate applicants? It was my first polygraph ever, and I am assuming that these tactics result in a failure for the applicant, which is unethical and unfortunate in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• tlaughlin
    Forum Member

• tlaughlin
    replied
    Anybody with any knowledge of how many people the ATF is looking to hire and how many academies they will have this year?

Leave a comment:

• OCN_1
    Forum Member

• OCN_1
    commented on 's reply
    You’ve taken a polygraph before, right? This is pretty textbook.
  • Checkmate
    Forum Member

• Checkmate
    replied
    Well not sure if this is standard ATF procedure but I had my poly today and the examiner told me I was altering my physiology, that this was the end of the road for my application and spent 30 minutes trying to get me to tell him what I was doing, why I was doing it etc. He said it would be sent to quality control for final review but that it was the most obvious example of trying to manipulate the test he has seen. He did not tell me that I failed and I was not asked to sign anything before leaving. He eventually just walked me out of the building. It was weird.

I'm guessing this means I will not be advancing in the hiring process. Thank god USMS does not use the polygraph.

Leave a comment:

• AllSourceGuy
    Forum Member

• AllSourceGuy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks alot, i just found it on the website and did the interest request.
  • kvasir
    Forum Member

• kvasir
    commented on 's reply
    Kind of... You have to contact a recruiter and express your interest. The recruiter will then notify you when there is an announcement. Recently, the announcements seem to be posted obscurely on the ATF Special Agent webpage and that has been the only way to find the announcement.
  • Stay Salty VB
    Forum Member

• Stay Salty VB
    commented on 's reply
    Lengthy process but congrats and thank you for posting. Gives us other hopefuls from ‘21 some insight as to the procedure.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5121 users online. 266 members and 4855 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X