Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received an eligibility e-mail from ATF which references a 'test' e-mail coming out during the last week of November. Looking forward to that e-mail and setting up a test date. We shall see...

My a regimented person, is there fitness plans out there that are free to current LEO's or anything someone recommends. I'm well versed in the fitness world but figured I would reach out for recommendations. I checked out mtntactical.com ... they seemingly have great stuff, though I'm not willing to drop that much coin on it.

Thanks in advance. Be well, stay safe.

Desh

Comment

• Shadowtrain
      Shadowtrain commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to fitness. The FBI has a pretty straight forward workout guide. I'd use that as a baseline and tailor it to where you need work.

The major one that people failed on at my PT event - situps.

• Wojo7
      Wojo7 commented
      Editing a comment
      What helped me was mock PT once a week leading up to the test and consistent workouts every week (not just 4 weeks out from a test). The big thing is that you get a foam block (basically a half rep) and they run through what each step of the test is prior to the group doing it. My overall suggestion is focusing on cardio and then going from there depending on one's weak points.

Hopefully this helps you all ...

ATF process

ATF Orientation - May 3, 2019

Official Application Submission - Jan. 20,2020

Written Exam - July 8,2020

PTT Test - September 9,2020

Interview - October 29, 2020

Comment

For those who took the written, how was the math? Equivalent to the math on the HSI exam? I've seen a lot of people say that it's very hard, but from looking at the study guide, it seems like it's basic mathematics.

Comment

• Kt_kt_kt
        Kt_kt_kt commented
        Editing a comment
        It was just like the math on the practice exam.

• Willitopen82
        Willitopen82 commented
        Editing a comment
        You hear anything?

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        If you've ever taken the ASVAB the math felt very similar. I'd say the Investigative Reasoning portion is the most unique of the test I've taken right up there with the FAM Scenario Questions.

Was told that the interview would take place the final week of January. Not sure if this is for all June 20’ applicants, but hopefully so. Anyone else told the same?

Comment

Took the exam last month, found out I passed yesterday. I’m a current Fed LEO and have heard this process being very long. Good luck to all!

Comment

Just did my info session, and I'll find out in a week or two if I get an invite to apply. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• MotorT3531
            MotorT3531 commented
            Editing a comment
            more like a month or two

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            MotorT3531, a week or two was what I was told by the agents on the info session.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            The JOA opens on January 25th

• MotorT3531
            MotorT3531 commented
            Editing a comment
            mine was about a month and half.

Has the PTT typically only been given on an as needed basis or has most everyone gotten the PTT fairly soon after passing the written?

Comment

Originally posted by NYC1175 View Post
            For those who took the written, how was the math? Equivalent to the math on the HSI exam? I've seen a lot of people say that it's very hard, but from looking at the study guide, it seems like it's basic mathematics.
            I am not good at math, I’ve just accepted that and took the exam with my fingers crossed. Surprisingly I still passed, so I’m not sure if I just had my math skills on point that day or I guessed very accurately.

Comment

Does anyone know how the ATF defines the eligibility requirement for SAs that is listed on their website as "three years of criminal investigative experience"? Does it mean 1811 experience only?

I have never worked in an 1811 position so I assume I am thus ineligible for the ATF, though DEA and FBI seem to hire in a "zero to hero" type of program without requiring existing experience.

Comment

• bondman007
                bondman007 commented
                Editing a comment
                In this link it has the breakdown what qualifies you for each pay grade. At least a bachelor's quals you for GL-5, if not higher.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...14pdf/download

• mih pihsrow
                mih pihsrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Doesnt have to be 1811 experience.

• specialagentblog
                specialagentblog commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey buddy,

That is three years of ANY investigative experience (federal, state, & local). Hope that helps.

-SA Blog

I received an e-mail today advising me that the JOA would be live on January 25th. It had some instructions on preparing forms, things NOT to do, and to begin immediately preparing for the PTT.

Progress!
              USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
              13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
              16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
              08Mar21 Interviewed
              19Mar21 TOL Received
              16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              25Jan21 Applied
              18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• bondman007
                bondman007 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same for me!

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here. Do these emails come from one place regardless of which info session you attend for this announcement?

• Checkmate
                Checkmate commented
                Editing a comment
                ^ No idea. The sender was in Washington, DC so I’m guessing this is nationwide.

• WarDog01
                WarDog01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well dang.. I didn’t receive that email :/

Got the email to preview the Job Announcement today. JOA opens the 25th, then it's about 6 weeks until the test invite. Time to hit the math hard because if it's anything like the Peterson book, it's gonna be an uphill battle.

Comment

• Doom4287
                Doom4287 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's awesome man. I tried emailing a few email addresses from here in ny and no response yet. How did you get through to find out more information?

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Doom4287 Did you attend an info session yet, or are you asking about how to get information on the info session? If it's the latter, I basically emailed the Field Office my resume back in October and indicated my interest in applying. They held the info session in December and basically sent me an invite to the Info Session. Send them your resume and they'll get back to you. Next JOA is in June 2021 I believe.

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you attended an info session and haven't heard back on the January announcement, it most likely means you didn't make this round of cuts for people they invited to apply. All this means is that you'll most likely be invited to apply in June since your resume stays with them (you don't need to do another info session).

• Doom4287
                Doom4287 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea unfortunately it's the latter and ok sounds good thanks for the info.

Got my results from the ATF Special Agent Exam passed both. Onto the PT/Interview.

Timeline
              8/20 Info Session
              9/20 Job Announcement Email
              11/20 Tentative Eligible Determination
              12/20 ATF Special Agent Exam
              1/21 ATF Special Agent Exam Results

Comment

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                How was the exam?

• Grey De Leon
                Grey De Leon commented
                Editing a comment
                NYC1175 it wasn't too bad, I didn't buy any of the guides that have been suggested. I used the one from the ATF website, also I'd use the FBI, USMS, and whatever other agency one you can find.

I found the deductive reasoning portion a bit tougher I'd say read some detective books to just have your mind right for those style of questions.

Really feel these test lean towards those who are just good test-takers.
                Last edited by Grey De Leon; 01-18-2021, 05:43 PM.

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Grey De Leon thanks brother.

How would you guys rate the logical reasoning portion? Would you say advanced LSAT kinda stuff?

Comment

• MotorT3531
                MotorT3531 commented
                Editing a comment
                study the HSI study guide. if you can get that down, then this test will be a breeze.

Announcement opens at 12:00 AM EST. Don't forget to attach the OF-306!

Comment

• parkscout93
                parkscout93 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is this open, or must we have attended an info session?

• Eliteforce
                Eliteforce commented
                Editing a comment
                NYC1175 for sure. Just throwing it out there since I've known several individuals who knew there was going to be an opening before and forgot to apply lol. Figured I'd help some folks out just in case!

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Eliteforce, I hear you brother and agree with your sentiment. My comment was just a general one in anticipation of questions about when to apply during the opening (which I actually had myself on the call with ATF, which they clarified).

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                parkscout93, you have to email your resume to your local Field Office, then attend an info session. Sometime after the info session, they send out a link to apply to the people who they choose to move forward in the process. The next job opening is in June, so send your resume to your local F.O. now and they'll put you on the info session list.

Edit: It doesn't have to be the field office local to you. It can be any field office in the country.
                Last edited by NYC1175; 01-24-2021, 10:27 PM.

How does the job posting differ from reaching out to a recruiter?

I sent in my resume probably 6-7 months ago and never heard anything back.

Edit: I also see on the ATF site they require 3 years of criminal investigation experience to apply. Is this a new requirement, or is it like other agencies where it's something they "like" but it doesn't disqualify you? Don't recall seeing that before.

Comment

• Eliteforce
                Eliteforce commented
                Editing a comment
                You reach out to the field office and attend an information session. The recruiter from the office provides your resume to the SAC, and if they like what they see, they invite you to apply via a personal USAJOBS link. You might have to reach out to other offices outside of your area. I initially reached out to another field office that I saw post about the position via LinkedIN. I then decided to reach out to the field office where I actually live. The recruiter in another state on the opposite side of the U.S. decided to recruit me and the office that I actually live by never replied. I would just contact multiple offices until you make contact with someone.

• big_bob_69
                big_bob_69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome, thank you. Sounds similar to how people get invited to the USMS info sessions.

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                big_bob_69, the 3 years investigative experience is definitely not a hard requirement. I have zero investigative experience but qualified on education and they sent me the link. Next JOA is in June. The agents I spoke with on the info session said ATF is having a bit of a hiring surge this FY and the next FY.
                Last edited by NYC1175; 01-24-2021, 10:32 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6801 users online. 367 members and 6434 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X