Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The polygraph is probably going to be the hardest to schedule I would say. There are not many examiners so their schedule will dictate your date.

Comment

• Got the location preference and disclosure email last night, glad to finally see the finish line in sight (somewhat). Decent sized list from what it looks like, really hoping to pull one from the top three.

Comment

• HankFrank
        HankFrank commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! I hope you get your top pick. How long was the “investigation” stage of your BG?

• OCN_1
        OCN_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HankFrank unsure, as I was only ever contacted for my polygraph reciprocity, security package, and fingerprints. Was never contacted by a background investigator

• My poly is in a couple of weeks. I have heard different things but can anyone comment on whether or not your examiner gave you an idea of if you passed or failed? It seems like most people weren't told anything and found out days later.
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      09Jun21 Medical Accomplished (delay due to COVID vaccine)
      15Aug21 Background Investigation reciprocated from AMO
      15Feb22 Request for additional medical info
      29Mar22 Medical Cleared

Comment

• HankFrank
        HankFrank commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe they are unable to inform candidates if the exam is passed or will need to have a follow up exam, but I’ve heard from people who “failed”, that you should have a pretty solid understanding that you failed, without them explicitly saying it.

• For the most part I was not told that I passed just about all of it. That is besides the PTT and initial test. Everything else I just received notification of moving forward. Not sure how the portal aspect works so that may give you more clarification.

Comment

• Sent in my Security Package this week and was advanced to "Polygraph". In the packet there were no forms in regard to polygraph reciprocity; does anyone know if that comes later or if they have stopped reciprocating certain polys?

Comment

• Grey De Leon
          Grey De Leon commented
          Editing a comment
          BM1811 you'll be notified by the BG investigator and they'll review it and let you know.

• BM1811
          BM1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info! Good luck on the remainder of the process.

• Just received the call. Got my #3 FO selection, start CITP next month!

Comment

• lunatico86
          lunatico86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you mind posting your timeline?

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          lunatico86 posted below

• Edited****
        Last edited by OCN_1; 01-05-2022, 09:04 AM. Reason: Edited

Comment

• lunatico86
          lunatico86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Forgive my rudeness. Congratulations!

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude, why did you remove your timeline? That was valuable information.

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate my apologies. I had copied and pasted it from my Notes along with other information from the process, and had the realization that I might have forgotten to take it out. I’ll repost it here shortly!

• This may have already been asked and answered (I'm coming out of post- holiday food comas) but does anyone know if ATF reciprocates a tier-5 SSBI clearance from CBP/AMO? USMS accepted it but haven't seen or heard about ATF's policy.
        USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
        19Mar21 TOL Received
        29Mar22 Medical Cleared

Comment

• Hey all does ATF do schedule b currently ? do they require a degree. Thanks
          Last edited by AllSourceGuy; 01-05-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• kvasir
            kvasir commented
            Editing a comment
            Kind of... You have to contact a recruiter and express your interest. The recruiter will then notify you when there is an announcement. Recently, the announcements seem to be posted obscurely on the ATF Special Agent webpage and that has been the only way to find the announcement.

• AllSourceGuy
            AllSourceGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks alot, i just found it on the website and did the interest request.

• My process up to the final call - posted it earlier but possibly had other PII in the notes and deleted it. Should be good to go now.

12May20 Info Session
          01June20 Notice to Apply
          01June20 Applied
          13Aug20 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
          08Sep20 SA Exam
          24Sep20 Notification of Exam Result (PASS)
          17Nov20 PTT (PASS)
          11Feb21 Panel Interview (PASS)
          27Apr21 TOL Received (GL-9)
          08Jun21 Invitation to Complete eQIP
          16Jun21 Confirmation of Completed eQIP
          02Aug21 Polygraph
          05Aug21 Drug Testing Notification
          06Aug21 Drug Test Complete
          31Aug21 Background Forms Submitted
          01Sep21 Medical Completed
          04Sep21 Fingerprints Submitted
          30Oct21 Spirometry Completed
          02Dec21 Covid-19 Vaccination Proof Requested
          16Dec21 FO Location Sheet Received
          17Dec21 FO Location Sheet Submitted
          04Jan22 Final Call & Offer

Comment

• Stay Salty VB
            Stay Salty VB commented
            Editing a comment
            Lengthy process but congrats and thank you for posting. Gives us other hopefuls from ‘21 some insight as to the procedure.

• Well not sure if this is standard ATF procedure but I had my poly today and the examiner told me I was altering my physiology, that this was the end of the road for my application and spent 30 minutes trying to get me to tell him what I was doing, why I was doing it etc. He said it would be sent to quality control for final review but that it was the most obvious example of trying to manipulate the test he has seen. He did not tell me that I failed and I was not asked to sign anything before leaving. He eventually just walked me out of the building. It was weird.

I'm guessing this means I will not be advancing in the hiring process. Thank god USMS does not use the polygraph.
          USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
          19Mar21 TOL Received
          29Mar22 Medical Cleared

Comment

• OCN_1
            OCN_1 commented
            Editing a comment
            You’ve taken a polygraph before, right? This is pretty textbook.

• 2CK2021
            2CK2021 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah everyone I know who has taken a Poly has said the same thing haha. Just wait and see.

• Anybody with any knowledge of how many people the ATF is looking to hire and how many academies they will have this year?

Comment

• justadfwguy
            justadfwguy commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told there will be 11 classes for this fiscal year

• Checkmate Wow, what you are describing is exactly what happened to me recently, albeit with a different agency. I was told that I lied on and failed every question, and that I was using counter measures to alter my physiology (all of this was absolutely untrue). After 15 minutes of the accusations, and with me obviously denying them, I was walked out of the building. I also was not asked to sign anything, and I haven't heard anything since. That was the day where the polygraph lost all credibility in my eyes.

OCN_1 What do you mean by this is textbook? Are you saying that before one even steps foot in the building, the polygraph examiner has already decided ones fate, and they play these kind of games just to eliminate applicants? It was my first polygraph ever, and I am assuming that these tactics result in a failure for the applicant, which is unethical and unfortunate in my opinion.

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve had good experience and bad ones. With ATF, it was a positive one. The only thing the examiner did at the end was ask if I’m sure there’s nothing I wanted to tell him. I said no, he told me I passed if QC agreed.. However a few years ago with CBP, I had a terrible experience. It was the 3rd poly I had from the same announcement. The examiner told me I was lying and I would never work in LE. 8 years later and here I am with a ton of experience. I’m not sure how they determine which “persona” they wanna play that day. Or who they are going to pass. But it’s all a bunch of bs if you ask me. I think if you have a bunch of LE experience, most times(not all) the examiner will tend to believe you more and pass you. But that’s just my experience.
            Last edited by Kmiech; 01-06-2022, 08:43 PM. Reason: Correction

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            To clarify based on publicly available information. Countermeasures determinations as well as other forms of non selections are granted to an agency from the authority of the Office of Personnel Management. Its categorized as a non selection rather than a suitability denial. Suitability denials fall under Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 731.203. Since it is a regulation this means they would have to have evidence showing why you are not suitable. If I'm not mistaken based on what is written individuals can appeal suitability denials, non selections however they cannot.

• Jrod26
            Jrod26 commented
            Editing a comment
            @steelman87

Unethical? Ehh... I don't think so. Cops lie to people all the time to gauge a person’s response.
            Last edited by Jrod26; 01-08-2022, 08:47 AM.

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Unethical? Maybe not. But if you’ve been through a poly before you’ve probably dealt with an unprofessional examiner.. I know I have. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

• Anyone else get a preference sheet and disclosure form last week?

Comment

• Just got the "unsuccessfully completed polygraph" and "no longer a candidate" message on ATF portal. good luck to every one else. I'll be continuing on the hiring process with USMS due to their not using the polygraph for hiring. Good luck to everyone else!
            USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
            19Mar21 TOL Received
            29Mar22 Medical Cleared

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4540 users online. 279 members and 4261 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X