Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the email that I passed the interview; I assume the next step is for them to contact me to mail in the security documents they gave me?

Comment

• How long was the wait between the security packet being sent in and the Polygraph information being sent? I know the portal goes at different speeds for people but I figured I'd get a general idea.

Comment

• David65
      David65
      Forum Member
      David65 commented
      Editing a comment
      mine was 6 weeks between submission of my first set of paperwork/equip and sitting for the poly. i say first because you will re-do all that background paperwork after medical clearance.

• Finally! Got my notification of a successfully completed interview!

Comment

• Stay the course I got my call and offer, I start soon. Applied Feb 2019 long process. But I hear it’s worth it. Got my top pick for location however, it wasn’t the most desirable location in country. It just happens to be where I wanted to get to

Comment

• cmor5150
      cmor5150
      Forum Member
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did the location selection go? Did they offer multiple options?

• Willitopen82
      Willitopen82
      Forum Member
      Willitopen82 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got a sheet with about 20 locations had to rank top 5

• Hgrin09
      Hgrin09
      Forum Member
      Hgrin09 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!! How long was it for you between background and official offer?

Probably varies since you’re a 2019 applicant and Covid closures.

• Let me ask you guys something, why ATF? I’m set on it too but just curious your reasons for wanting to work with them over the others.

Comment

• cmor5150
      cmor5150
      Forum Member
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Explosive post blast investigations. Previous army combat engineer loved working with demo.

• OCN_1
      OCN_1
      Forum Member
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Training, quality of life, ability to conduct meaningful and productive investigations and see through it from start to finish

• Grey De Leon
      Grey De Leon
      Forum Member
      Grey De Leon commented
      Editing a comment
      After working a ton of more admin/command control jobs, I'm trying to curve back into more hands-on operational work of the agencies I've interviewed for ATF seems to have the best mix of street and tasks force work.

• Got an update on my Portal for the BG/Poly so things are moving along. Be patient around this time with the holidays coming up things will slow down.

Comment

• Just got an email regarding my vaccination status - however, haven’t heard anything in regards to my BG being initiated/reciprocated/finished or for the location preference sheet. Still justradio silence since late October

Comment

• BM1811
      BM1811
      Forum Member
      BM1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd be curious to know the language in the vaccination email if you can divulge that...

• Yeah man. I got the vaccination status e-mail last week. My BG was completed and submitted on the 29th of November. Soooo just playing the waiting game.

Comment

• Hopefully that means we will get a location sheet soon.

Comment

• HankFrank
        HankFrank
        Forum Member
        HankFrank commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did your BG investigation phase take after your SF-86 was accepted, reviewed and forwarded?

• I’m not exactly sure. It’s close to going on two months I would say. I may still be in BG. Not exactly sure.

Comment

• Yes. I did medical around august.

Comment

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon
        Forum Member
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you a 2020 or 2019 applicant? Think they are trying to get through the 2019 for the academy coming up for December and into 2022.

• I started with the recruiter is 2019 but the formal application did not open up until 2020.

Comment

• My current timeline - unsure as to why I haven’t been contacted in regards to the background investigation? Seems like everyone else has been contacted in the weeks following the medical exam. I have an active TS/SCI through my current agency, so if they had planned on waiving the background (one can be hopeful) I would have at least expected some form of communication.

12May20 Info Session
        01June20 Notice to Apply
        01June20 Applied
        13Aug20 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
        08Sep20 SA Exam
        24Sep20 Notification of Exam Result (PASS)
        17Nov20 PTT (PASS)
        11Feb21 Panel Interview (PASS)
        27Apr21 TOL Received (GS-9)
        08Jun21 Invitation to Complete eQIP
        16Jun21 Confirmation of Completed eQIP
        02Aug21 Polygraph (Favorable)
        05Aug21 Drug Testing Notification
        06Aug21 Drug Test Complete
        31Aug21 Background Forms Submitted
        01Sep21 Medical Completed
        04Sep21 Fingerprints Submitted
        30Oct21 Spirometry Completed
        02Dec21 Covid-19 Vaccination Proof Requested

Comment

• I would assume they would be using your current BG. I really don’t know though. The only time I have been contacted is when the next step starts.

Comment

• Is it unheard of to get a polygraph on a Saturday? I am about to start a new job and the training has my weekdays completely booked for the next few months.

Comment

• kvasir
              kvasir
              Forum Member
              kvasir commented
              Editing a comment
              If the polygraph is your next step, maybe reach out to your local ATF office and see if they have an in-house polygrapher that can accommodate you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4623 users online. 259 members and 4364 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X