Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wheresthebeef
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2017

There a trainee who was intoxicated on base, tripped, fell, hit their head on the sidewalk and sustained some serious injuries as a result. This incident happened soon prior to the start of the rumors about an alcohol ban.

On the other hand, you have the CBP trainee who was shot and killed at a bar in St. Simons.

You can't protect everyone.
    Last edited by wheresthebeef; 01-30-2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• DoD88
      DoD88 commented
      Editing a comment
      My understanding is it was stemming from a rape on center. Sounds like its probably from a combination of incidences.
  • Ratatatat
    Welcome to the party, pal
    • Dec 2014

I've considered writing a book about my year spent in a smurf suit. You know, something along the lines of what Anthony Bourdain did with Kitchen Confidential. Except instead of exposing the underbelly of the restaurant business it will be the Center of Excellence. Some stories I could tell....

The time a mixed basic student expired in the bathroom of the men's locker room after running the PEB on the first day (retired cop going for a second career had a heart attack.)

The classmate who chain smoked so many unfiltered Camels, her lips and teeth were yellow. Her fletc nickname: The Highlighter.

The time I got roomed at the Taj with a 350 pounder with sleep apnea. Have you ever tried to sleep five feet from someone choking all night??? After three weeks of sleep deprivation, I found 'alternative housing' (instructor who rented out his house). Roomie was more than happy to ruffle my bed every morn to keep the maids from reporting my absence.

The time someone attempted to deliver 1mil $ worth of cocaine to a CBP student (intercepted by OIG).

The PT instructor who was macking on an attractive female student to where he was hanging around her housing after training and partying with the class.

The time I almost threw my food tray onto the floor in the chow hall after I noticed a huge cockroach ("palmetto bug") on my plate.

The stink of that place... the smell of chemicals from the Brunswick pulp mill, the sour odor of PT shirts even when washed, the malodorous restroom funk that comes from everyone eating the same diet, week after week after week.

Fletc sex: why married thirtysomethings go nuts while away from spouse and family for 16 weeks.

Glynco Gangstas: what happens when you mix driving fast, automatic weapons, kettle bells and judo moves with beer, sand, and testosterone? You create Alpha Males living out their wildest fantasies, like some bizarre episode of WestWorld (then they graduate and go do some of the most boring jobs in the world, like standing post in a hallway or asking 'whats your citizenship?' 50X a day....)

I could go on but I'd have nothing to put in the book. Something to do during this little pandemic recess..

Comment

• DaBulls
      DaBulls commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely need this book

• Wentwestco
      Wentwestco commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t need a side job. You need a publisher! I’d buy your book!

• nowurdoingit
      nowurdoingit commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL. Would 100% buy this book.

• Costanza
      Costanza commented
      Editing a comment
      Then we will start a GoFundMe to pay for Morgan Freeman to do the audio book!
  • 1811HopefulDC
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

FYSA FLETC Cancelled their CITP class thats planned to start the first week of January today, with other cancellations possible.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any word on BDUSM integrated classes being effected?

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope this does not mean they stop the academy for those that are already attending...That would really suck.

Has this been confirmed by anyone that was scheduled for this class? Or is this something that was confirmed / announced publicly?

Comment

• RJflyer
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by alc31180
      Has this been confirmed by anyone that was scheduled for this class? Or is this something that was confirmed / announced publicly?
      I was scheduled for CITP in early Jan with a report date in late Dec for quarantine. My agency confirmed today that my CITP class was canceled.

Comment

• famousdaveKC
        famousdaveKC commented
        Editing a comment
        Since they cancelled your CITP do you still EOD on time or did they push that back to? Just trying to figure out the process if you already accept an offer.

• RJflyer
        RJflyer commented
        Editing a comment
        famousdaveKC We had already EOD'd prior to the class being cancelled. I'm not sure what would happen in the scenario you mention

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        RJflyer Are you getting paid still?

• RJflyer
        RJflyer commented
        Editing a comment
        Calitown yes

There is a UPTP class mid January. We haven’t heard anything from the agency regarding cancellations. Guess we will see.

Comment

• Det_sje
        Im a Good Guy!!!!
        • Feb 2012

I am EOD’ing with a new agency Monday and they said I may possibly be in a CITP class in January. They did advise they heard of the cancellations.

Comment

• m4rk567
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2020

Originally posted by CCCSD
          You are paid to be IN TRAINING.
          True. As long they pay for the hours works and any extra hours that are imposed .... We do not want to commit the same mistake as last time.

Comment

• CCCSD
            Shadowman
            • Jul 2014

Sleep in academies don’t pay OT. It’s part of your SALARY. Unbelievable how many people can’t figure this out and want to argue that their 13th Amendment rights are being violated...

Comment

• CoastalCop1811
              CoastalCop1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's not exactly accurate. Speaking for the federal side of the house, no you shouldn't get paid OT for non work/training time. However, that 6 day of training/work would be OT.
          • passwordistaco
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by CCCSD
            Sleep in academies don’t pay OT. It’s part of your SALARY. Unbelievable how many people can’t figure this out and want to argue that their 13th Amendment rights are being violated...
            I went through all of CITP working six days per week and some holidays and didn’t get paid for overtime at all. It’s amazing how many federal agencies violate basic federal labor laws.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting to hear.

My first time at FLETC they put us on a modified schedule due to schedule conflicts and we were paid the OT. Guess it’s when you are there or who is doing the books.
          • 9L81
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2019

I just read a summary from a court case where non exempt agencies back in 2002 were made to pay OT for a standard 6th training day. Not sure about exempt employees. I suspect exempt employees are treated differently.

Comment

• Tx21
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2018

Probably a little more variables to consider... I know USMS cadets are getting paid for OT while in training... but that’s bc they are still 82s for a couple of more years... I’m a bit ignorant on the other agencies and their levels when they start.. but I thought I heard a lot of others came in as 11s or above already.. so they already get salary..... either way I really don’t care whether or not I get OT

Comment

• Doggy8
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2018

I was originally scheduled for UPTP in January at Georgia, now it’s at Artesia. Anyone else the same?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was called yesterday that my FLETC date was pushed a week earlier now with an earlier report date.
              • Doggy8
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2018

New Mexico?

Comment

• darkhorse6
                  darkhorse6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like you're gonna lose weight whether you want to or not haha. Imagine a hot breeze mixed with either natural gas or cow crap smell for the duration. You are gonna love it.

• HiFlyR
                  HiFlyR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been to FLETC Artesia and Glycno. Each for 10+ weeks. If I had to choose one especially if I couldn't leave base...I'd choose Artesia in a heart beat. Fewer people (maybe not now), better food, shorter lines, and easier to get around the campus (you can literally walk to any class, with the exception of firearms, in 10 minutes). Grab some beers and enjoy the pavilions on the weekends, or social distance with your classmates in one of the courtyards.

The smell is a toss up between natural gas/cow crap in Artesia, or the paper mill in Glynco. Pick your poison (literally).

• Doggy8
                  Doggy8 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you know how the UPTP training is in Artesia?, I’m wondering if all the agencies are training together. Also, correct, no one can leave the campus for the duration of the training for any reason.

• Calitown
                  Calitown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HiFlyR
                  You do bring up a good point with Artesia having more things to do and the convenience getting to classes, but overall I think Glynco has a much nicer setting and academy than Artesia is. Just my two cents, and a lot of BPA guys who've come from there and are now training here tend to agree. But each to its own, Artesia isn't bad at all!
              • Det_sje
                Im a Good Guy!!!!
                • Feb 2012

Just completed registration and confirmed for CITP in January 2021.

Comment

• 1811HopefulDC
                  1811HopefulDC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you don’t mind what agency? I am currently on a standby list waiting for a class as my agency had our early Jan CITP class cancelled. Hopefully your class has room lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19456 users online. 54 members and 19402 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...