Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's been asked and speculated a couple of times, but does anyone know if they are restricting the size of new incoming CITP classes? Are they bringing in the full 48 students a normal class would have (irregardless of agency) or are they only bringing in 24 for a "full class"?

Comment

• Taco_loco
      Taco_loco commented
      Editing a comment
      They’re splitting full classes into 2 groups.

• Kermitt Ruffin
      Kermitt Ruffin commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by Kermitt Ruffin; 08-29-2020, 08:06 AM.

• Anyone have any new info on CITP classes being scheduled? Last I heard there was supposed to be a bunch of new classes starting in late August, going into September. Specifically, how will it work once the budget expires at the end of September?

Comment

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sanchesus are they bringing you on anyways and sticking you at a FO in the meantime, or are you just waiting in limbo for a year?

• Sanchesus
      Sanchesus commented
      Editing a comment
      Jagger3939 We are in Limbo. Stuck in our current jobs until we can go. Some of us had to extend our enlistment/contract with our current jobs. Also due to covid, most FO are teleworking which completely disbanded the opportunity to "shadow".

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sanchesus interesting. I know there are several agencies like the USMS I’ve heard are rapidly hiring and sending to duty stations prior to Oct 1 to sit tight until a future training date... I wonder if various agencies will make any quick decisions before the new FY starts and/or before the presidential elections due to concerns about future funding for hiring.

• Sanchesus
      Sanchesus commented
      Editing a comment
      Jagger3939 It would make sense to do so, but chances are they're gonna wait till the next FY. Also, I'm certain military agencies under the DoD are not treated with priority so I don't expect much to happen soon. Our agency also has to coordinate with DHS (FLETC) and our own "school house" for training. This makes the process even more difficult. As I mentioned before, overseas members have priority in training. Not sure If the process is the same for civilians, but due to us military members having a primary duty, we are stuck sitting on our hands.

• we were just notified that part of our hire group is going starting the first week of October and the second half of our group will be going the first week of January .

Comment

• socalpdcadet
      socalpdcadet commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like good news. Can you share what agency this is for?

• 1811HopefulDC
      1811HopefulDC commented
      Editing a comment
      it is a part of DOD

• Mr.Green91
      Mr.Green91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell yeah I'm in the IPA and we got our start date for the first week of October as well.

• Anymore new class dates? I had one in April but haven’t heard squat about getting slotted into a new one yet

Comment

• Originally posted by faustus View Post
      Anymore new class dates? I had one in April but haven’t heard squat about getting slotted into a new one yet
      I’ve been waiting for a date since February, as have a few others. Hearing December and then March for the agency that I was hired for, but nothing concrete

Comment

• DOJ just sent a few to FLETC for there quarantine weeks before starting CITP.

Comment

• USPP is still having classes -- but I'm told they have to quarantine and can't leave during the academy at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winter_Patriot View Post
            USPP is still having classes -- but I'm told they have to quarantine and can't leave during the academy at all.
            My brother in law just graduated this week. Had to quarantine for 14 days and couldn’t leave the grounds.

Comment

• DoD88
              DoD88 commented
              Editing a comment
              14 day ROM period and restriction to center is still in play....unknown when or if that will change.

• Originally posted by alc31180 View Post

I’ve been waiting for a date since February, as have a few others. Hearing December and then March for the agency that I was hired for, but nothing concrete
            You had an assigned class date in Feb? what agency are you with?

Comment

• Also, did you y'alls agency have to do anything to get people rescheduled for courses or did FLETC like just do it automatically? because at this point I feel like my agency may have forgotten about us or possibly dropped the ball somewhere, if re-registering was req'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by faustus View Post

You had an assigned class date in Feb? what agency are you with?
                I was hired by FPS. Wasnt given a start date and then covid happened. Still waiting on an actual start date, as there are quite a few of us that were hired around the same time.

im still with my current federal job. “Rumor” has it there will be a class in dec and then March.

Comment

• Has anyone heard of or been given a CITP date starting in FY21 (Oct 1, or thereafter)?

Comment

• 1811HopefulDC
                    1811HopefulDC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Part of our class has been given an OCT academy* date then rest of our class has been given a January 21 academy date.
                    Last edited by 1811HopefulDC; 09-02-2020, 09:39 AM.

• hktrip8
                    hktrip8 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What agency were your class dates for?

• Don’t want to put component out here but it’s a part of DOD

Comment

• I was told by my agency that I was not going to go until December. Thats a long time..

Comment

• During COVID time warp, December will sneak up pretty quick.

Anyone have scoop on what the deal is with FLETC? (Quarantine/ Lockdown/ classes being OBE?)

Comment

• MXDesa
                        MXDesa commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Currently at the Taj. Can confirm the two person room rumor is NOT a thing.

• Gosc1775
                        Gosc1775 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        MXDesa any word from staff if the lockdown will be lifted soon?

• blok2400
                        blok2400 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Notice came from the contractor to double up... agencies pushed back and that’s on hold. But it is a real thing they are trying to do so they can cram more people onto this base. 100% got a roommate notice with the new roomies name and everything. So far it’s on hold and it should be.. I mean we’re locked on base for covid right ??

• MXDesa
                        MXDesa commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gosc1775, Much of the staff has heard of that rumor but they too are unsure where that originated. Our course coordinator advised us that at this time, that is not being considered.

blok2400, Im surprised to hear you've received that notice. It isn't happening right now and It seems it would be counter productive to keep us locked up on base, yet so close to each other. I think it defeats the purpose. But I guess we need to move on at some point.

Compared to the many scathing reviews of FLETC I've seen on here, I'm actually pretty impressed at the safety procedures they've put in place for handling the pandemic. It isn't the best by a long shot, but not too bad either.

Hopefully more people start getting orders to get here so they can move on with their lives.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3058 users online. 176 members and 2882 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X