Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hearing cases are on the rise at Glynco. Anyone have any insight?

Comment

• faustus
      faustus commented
      Editing a comment
      lol I really wish that everyone thats oh so terrified of the rona would just f off and let others take their class spot. Some of us are eager to go to start a new career

• RetVet
      RetVet commented
      Editing a comment
      faustus it’s not a “fear” of Rona people are concerned with, The issue is the fact that guidelines are not being followed and nobody wants to get sick delaying their graduation because of that.
      Last edited by RetVet; 07-03-2020, 04:36 AM.

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      There have been a confirmed case of a CITP instructor and maybe a few students (rumor). FLETC isn't communicating anything to the students and it seems like they are even keeping respective agencies in the dark. CBP had two positives from a class that already graduated but I would guess they got it on the way home.

Glynn county as a whole is on the rise but nothing crazy.

Over all, FLETC isn't doing anything to combat against the virus. All of their social distancing stuff has gone out the window and realistically kind of pointless when you think about it from a student perspective. They want all agencies to have students to wear masks at all times, even in classrooms, but CBP is the only one following that guideline. The G-Bar might not be open in it's previous form but the new outside G-Bar is even more packed since people can't leave the base like they used to. Any there are still a ton of people that leave FLETC to go out on the weekend because they got their permission slip signed off on to allow them to leave before FLETC started getting overrun with requests and cracked down.

The whole thing has been a big joke.

• CoastalCop1811
      CoastalCop1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can confirm that the last official number I saw for Glynco was 3 students and 1 contract worker, but that is over two weeks old. I have heard from a good source that an add on agency (I'm not going to name it) has an Instructor who tested positive and had close contact with 15 other instructors. The add on agency was going to have those 15 instructors self isolate until they realized they'd be down a lot of people and decided not to and not to have them test either. I know there is also at least 1 FLETC instructor, but my understanding is there may be two...my understanding is one is a tactics instructor. I've also been told the student number is up to 16. I would argue that the amount of cases in Glynn County is on rise and is bad relative to their population. I understand the need for training, but FLETC botched the reopening and they are starting to feel the consequences.

Watch the FLETC Union FB page. They share some info. They unfortunately don’t get all the info from management either.

Comment

Deleted...
      Last edited by Kermitt Ruffin; 08-29-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• boilerpilot
        boilerpilot commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. There was speculation, based on the televised town hall, that scheduling had reallocated seats/training slots. Did they give you a class number?

Would you be willing to share which agency is sending you?
        Last edited by boilerpilot; 07-05-2020, 09:37 AM.

• Mav222
        Mav222 commented
        Editing a comment
        What agency?

Just finished a FLETC Glynco basic academy a few days ago. Here are my 2 cents:

FLETC is a s***s**w.

Many issues and dumb policies with busing, gym usage, etc. Let's start with buses. They are only allowed to carry a max of 11, sometimes 9 considering the size of the bus. If you have ever waited outside the dorms or cafeteria with hordes of people, you can only imagine how long you will wait....Half of you class will be at the assigned location and the other half will be waiting and waiting and waiting.....

So when students are in their ROM (Restriction of Movement/2 week quarantine period), they can use the gym at PTD during an assigned time. Yet when students finish ROM and go back to a regular class schedule, they can't use the gym for personal workouts unless your PTD instructors does a class workout. How much sense does that make? So people who potentially have COVID-19 can work out, but once you finish your quarantine you can't. FLETC Logic 101.

I went to multiple classes where an instructor never showed up. The class SGT even made phone calls and they still couldn't find an instructor. FLETC claims their "scheduling system" hasn't caught up...lol Why bring student onboard when you aren't ready. FLETC Logic 101.

FLETC mandates face coverings yet they have these weekly student appreciation/morale events where you have 800-1000 students/instructors in close proximity with no masks.

The final icing on the cake: Several employees who work at Equipment Issue building wear Black Lives Matter face coverings....Sure, they have their 1st Amendment right to wear that but come on, you work at a law enforcement training center!! What a way to start your day. Looking at FLETC employees making political statements....

I have to say, FLETC has world class equipment/space with bottom of the barrel instructors (some, not all) and the most incompetent management I have ever seen in my life. I am surprised how that place functions. I really do.
      Last edited by hangman; 07-07-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you on the BLM on the face covering issue but the people who are contracted to work there in a non LE capacity dont give a flying you know what. I dont expect anything from them other than to hand me a towel, a pair of clean shorts or scoop some mac and cheese on my plate. Nothing more, nothing less. Glad you got out alive.
        Last edited by nonotnow; 07-07-2020, 09:23 PM.

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        FLETC was a **** show before COVID-19. I didn't think they could top themselves on that, but sure enough they did. Now it's an even bigger **** show. It's humorous how the director of FLETC tries to act how it's all working. Go home FLETC director, you're drunk.

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        You think workers with BLM face coverings is bad? What about a student? Saw it on the 4th at the fireworks display at the G Field.

• Ralphodog
        Ralphodog commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're such a snowflake and/or racist that you're so incredibly triggered by people thinking that Black Lives Matter, maybe you'd be better off in another field than law enforcement.

BLM is a political movement, nothing else. It has no place at any G training centers.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Hmmm. And here I always thought fletc people wearing BLM swag were with the Bureau of Land Management. Learn something new everyday....(jk).

RE: the place sucks, horrible instruction, incompetent management, blah blah. Dude, that's as good as it gets in the G. Just wait until you meet your co-workers and bosses for the next 25 years... you'll look back at ftetc like it was a vacation.
        What does not kill you will likely try again.

Comment

• DRohn167
          DRohn167 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait FLETC wasn’t a vacation? The Taj was one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in hahaha

Where exactly in the political spectrum does BLM lie? Republican? Democratic?
        When did Law enforcement become political? Is law enforcement for Republicans? Democrats?
        Why would/does the statement “black lives matter” trigger some of you? Nobodies saying black lives matter more or less. They’re just saying black lives matter because some don’t seem to understand that. And I’m saying this as a white man.

there’s probably some underlying issues that’s ruffling the feathers

Comment

• Ratatatat
          Ratatatat commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a contract matter, pure and simple: "Employees will wear the assigned contractor uniform while on center including Aramark shirt and pants, Aramark lanyard, and Aramark facemask."

• faustus
          faustus commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve heard cops refer to black suspects as “dindus” “n*gs” and other derogatory terms. Did I automatically associate all cops as being bad/racist? No....because I’m an adult with a fully functioning brain and I’m not going to stereotype and categorize a group of people’s off a few bad apples

• waffledog47
          waffledog47 commented
          Editing a comment
          Both of those exact quotes are from a protest in 2014/2015, you can google it - they are not from the recent protests and riots. Even if similar comments were made this time around, I don't believe the vast majority of BLM activists/supporters want police killed. If it's truly a contract matter and they are violating the terms of their contract by wearing those masks (and any other that isn't an Aramark mask), then that's of course something for FLETC to address.

Give the worker wearing a BLM mask a smile and say please and thank you and move on with your day, like you would anyone else. You'd be surprised how far a little courtesy goes in changing peoples' opinions of LE. If you're getting triggered by BLM masks worn by contract workers at FLETC, then you're in for a very rude awakening when it's time to go out and interview/interact with the general public when you get to the field.
          Last edited by waffledog47; 07-08-2020, 11:59 AM.

• 1811HopefulDC
          1811HopefulDC commented
          Editing a comment
          They fall under Marxist, so where everyone you want to place that under your ideological spectrum. Their leaders claimed to be trained marxists and followed the teachings of Eric Mann from the weather Underground (terrorist group). So BLM is is something between Marxists and Terrorist according to their leaders.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....d-marxist/amp/

But regardless of their political leaning it doesn’t negate that people’s lives of all races matter.
          Last edited by 1811HopefulDC; 07-13-2020, 10:02 AM.

So the Union is mentioning that mandatory tests for new incoming students is restarting and tests for staff won’t be mandatory. Considering students are restricted and staff leave and and travel to infected areas outside, how does that make sense? SMH

Comment

• DoD88
          DoD88 commented
          Editing a comment
          It makes zero sense. Did you see the post where they talk about how some whose temperature was too high were told to put their head in front of their car's a/c and to try again? FLETC is a joke.

Deleted...
        Last edited by Kermitt Ruffin; 08-29-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Chifan12
          Chifan12 commented
          Editing a comment
          1st, congrats......second, remember this is a public forum, posting specifics like class numbers and dates isn't always a great idea. Not saying you've done something wrong, just keep it in mind. Also for what it's worth I'm hearing atleast 1 class of other agencies not OIG in September.

• Kermitt Ruffin
          Kermitt Ruffin commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted...

• It’s reported than an anonymous student left FLETC with Covid symptoms graduation day and tested positive a couple days later. Other concerned students reported to their agency that they were exposed. The PO advised concerned students to continue as normal. My thoughts, I may sound like a conspiracy theorist (maybe I am), but the campus is essentially that, a campus. It is full of government employees (lab rats). They are being treated as lab rats essentially for study. If they fail or succeed, then universities know what to do. Well, we all know it’s failing.
        Last edited by RetVet; 07-09-2020, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• DoD88
          DoD88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know about this. The student started to have symptoms last Thursday. So someone from that same class went to the med shed because they had COVID symptoms and they were told to return to training because their fever wasn't high enough.
          Last edited by DoD88; 07-09-2020, 10:14 AM.

• According to FLETC Union FB, CBP training in Charleston were suspended on Friday.

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/polit...ing/index.html

Comment

• ainokea808
            ainokea808 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is only the South Carolina FLETC looking to shut down or all the sites again?

• MXDesa
            MXDesa commented
            Editing a comment
            Those students were mostly from the same group. They paused the training of 4 CBP classes until July 27th. I believe they intend to carry on with the rest of the trainees at the center.

• DoD88
            DoD88 commented
            Editing a comment
            ainokea808 FLETC doesn't decide to shutdown. It comes from the higher ups at DHS. Right now the situation at all campuses is bad with Charleston being the worst of them all and Glynco following closely behind. Last I heard, Charleston has about 31 positive students and 11 employees and contractors. I have heard that there are students who are symptomatic. We have students getting sick at Glynco but testing is now only being done on incoming students but not on those that have had close contact with others that have tested positive. Only time will tell.

• ainokea808
            ainokea808 commented
            Editing a comment
            DoD88, i gotcha...that's crazy to hear. Crazy that they still sending new classes down also.

• Anyone know if they are running regular classes now, or is it compressed? Smaller classes, longer days?

Comment

• Taco_loco
            Taco_loco commented
            Editing a comment
            6 day a week workweek and some longer days. Classes have been split up into multiple sections.

• my93rx7tt
            my93rx7tt commented
            Editing a comment
            That makes the classes shorter then, overall? For example, a 12 week class could end up being 10 weeks?

• Taco_loco
            Taco_loco commented
            Editing a comment
            Shorter by about 10 days

• Has anyone been privy to an updated CITP list? Hearing people who were not already on campus pre-shutdown are getting start dates in Aug and Sept.

Comment

• Is there anyone down there that can give a sitrep on what it looks like right now? How are the covid measures? Are there cases being reported by students - is there any indication that fletc may shutdown again? (Glynco location btw).

Comment

• ainokea808
              ainokea808 commented
              Editing a comment
              DoD88, that makes sense. I have a feeling some things may get pushed back as well. Do you think the class scheduled for late August will hold though? I think FLETC needs to make a decision soon...

• nowurdoingit
              nowurdoingit commented
              Editing a comment
              ^ that's actually the class i'm wondering about too

• Kermitt Ruffin
              Kermitt Ruffin commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted...

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Completely agree with Kermitt. Until some form of vaccine is made, the government will have to learn to live/work around the virus.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4194 users online. 246 members and 3948 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X