Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard from our HR folks yesterday afternoon (after I asked), but our Guys said that FLETC has sent information out regarding those classes that will be returning (had already started training), and that they will be conducting classes that were scheduled to start, however they will not be adding any new classes this FY.

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fed FY begins in October, right?

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Oct 1

Has anyone heard any reliable information yet about when the interrupted CITP classes will be reconstituted? And what the CITP schedule will be like going forward?

Comment

• 1811HopefulDC
      1811HopefulDC commented
      Editing a comment
      They have already begun to call back some of the classes that were interrupted. There has not been any news on when all of them will be called back.

Only reliable information that I have been told is that there will be no new Classes this FY and they will prioritize those who still need to be called back before they have any new classes in the next FY.

• DoD88
      DoD88 commented
      Editing a comment
      My understanding is phase 1 are those who were over halfway done with training and phase 2 will be the rest that were in training when it was shutdown.

FLETC social media has posted they will be using the military and testing monitors on students and staff as a 90 day pilot program. News release confirmed June 17th for training to resume.
    Last edited by kb9977; 06-03-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Sports21
      Sports21 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the phase 1 restart date. Is there a phase 2 start date yet? Would it be during the 90-day trial period?

• LawDog310
      LawDog310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sports21- According to the FLETC Reconstitution Plan, Phase 2 doesn't have a hard start date: "FLETC expects Phase 2 to begin as space becomes available when Phase 1 programs graduate. Phases 1 and 2 will thus overlap until all Phase 1 programs graduate."

https://www.fletc.gov/press-release/...vid-19-testing

Comment

• DoD88
      DoD88 commented
      Editing a comment
      And yet they still plan to keep students quarantined for 14 days and restricted to the center.

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      The testing is only going to be every so often. They even said in the press release they won't receive results for 24 hours. Instructors and students will still be released to do their thing... if they find out they test positive, it will only halt further spread, but won't prohibit those who that person has already exposed from getting it. Not fool proof.

The next batch of CITP classes scheduled for the 15th was moved back to the end of the month.

Comment

• Sports21
      Sports21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chifan12 6/15 return date got pushed back to 6/29.

• Selgoo
      Selgoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Which CITP Classes were scheduled for 6/15 and now pushed to the 6/29?

• MDPO32
      MDPO32 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not everyone got pushed back I’m going down for agency add on and reporting the 16th

• Taco_loco
      Taco_loco commented
      Editing a comment
      Good stuff guys. The more info the better for all of us to stay informed.

Just fyi, a lot of notices that are going out are NOT giving students the 14 days notice with COVID-19 questions as stated both by the director during the townhall and in the FLETC SOPs. Some classes have received only a few days notice to return.

Comment

• Selgoo
      Selgoo commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I have heard, the 14 day notice is 14 day notice for CLASS to resume, not the restriction of movement period.

• DoD88
      DoD88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Selgoo, the 14 days is supposed to be the notice before returning. It's 30 days prior to the restart of training. It's laid out in their SOP for reconstitution of training that was recently released.

• Selgoo
      Selgoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it, ty DoD88 yes 30 days prior to class starting.

• TFO9871
      TFO9871 commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people are getting less than a weeks notice to report back to fletc to begin the 14 day quarantine

Originally posted by CoastalCop1811 View Post
    Here are the FLETC COVID-19 questions. I wonder how many will answer honestly.

Have you been in close contact with individuals suspected of COVID-19 infection?

Have you been in an area of the COVID-19 outbreak?

When was the last time you could have been in contact with either of these situations?
    Has anyone had issues responding to these questions to FLETC? Wouldn't the answer to question number 2 apply to most people?

Comment

• LawDog310
      LawDog310 commented
      Editing a comment
      DoD88 I think this is bad/outdated intel. A quick glance on the recent FLETC facebook posts show photos of the screening questions on the signs as people enter. And none of the questions on the signs remotely resemble the ones that were posted. The real questions appear to be much more specific and reasonable.

• DoD88
      DoD88 commented
      Editing a comment
      LawDog310 Thanks! And yes you're correct. Someone I know going back just got their first email with the questions and it's the same as the picture. They got the email 3 days before they report back.

• CoastalCop1811
      CoastalCop1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are the questions being asked at check in and by some add ons. The screening questions are what is seen on the FLETC Facebook page.

Can anyone confirm that FLETC had it's first positive for COVID 19?

Comment

• Taco_loco
      Taco_loco commented
      Editing a comment
      Which campus?

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      Glyco
      So far the response I've seen from FLETC has been no more social distancing at chow lol

• Chifan12
      Chifan12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like the typical response. Just pretend like it didn't happen, don't address it, let rumors fly and bring more people on!

• DoD88
      DoD88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also hearing FLETC plans to go over the 900 student limit and be fully operational in a few weeks. If that's true, then what's going on down there? Are they just throwing the whole COVID procedures out the window?

Which class group was it in?

Comment

FLETC had 3 students test positive for COVID-19. FLETC 's response? Stop testing students and keep bringing more in.

Comment

• 1811HopefulDC
        1811HopefulDC commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, they should be doing those things because if they do not I know for a fact that the OIG will be hounding them about it

• Sanchesus
        Sanchesus commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with faustus and 1811HopefulDC. The virus is beyond preventable and its only a matter of time until everyone gets it. The point of the safety measures is to slow down the spread. Regardless, the training at FLETC is essential and needs to continue. I dont agree with the disregard for protective measures against covid, however I believe training should resume like it was. If they take the protective measures they posted and limit everyone to campus, im sire they can get by without a major spread. Worst case scenario, everyone at FLETC can reach herd immunity.

• RJflyer
        RJflyer commented
        Editing a comment
        To my knowledge most of DoD has been conducting basic training throughout this COVID mess with some adjustments. Granted, the military has alot more authority to restrict the movement of its trainees compared to FLETC. But I think they've proven its possible to get the most essential elements of training accomplished without a complete meltdown.

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJflyer first off, this isn't the military. Second off, everyone assumes that everyone at FLETC is young and healthy. There are plenty of students that are not young and have medical waivers not to mention the staff and instructors. Heard immunity doesn't necessarily work and if you get sick at FLETC you are quarantined and sent home. The concept some of you seem to not understand is that FLETC has already put in motion a situation that may lead to many students getting sick and thus sent home. FLETC had a plan approved by DHS and they are already deviating from that plan and they've only been open for 2 weeks while cases nationwide are rising.

With FLETC's plan comprising of increased social distancing, has anyone figured out yet how they are handling the Mat Room/Physical Techniques portion? Just was curious.

Comment

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what their plan is. Half the people in line today for lunch didn’t have a mask on and we were packed in like sardines, like pre-COVID FLETC. There will be an outbreak soon.

Since my CITP Class was delayed, I ended up graduating from a larger municipal agency. So far I am really enjoying running call to call and doing your "typical" police officer duties. Now that FLETC is opening back up, I was wondering if any one wanted to share the benefits of Federal 1811 vs local police. Pay is good where I am at and the pension is unheard of good. Conflicted if I should stay where I am at or go special agent. Any pros and cons would be great!

Comment

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on the 1811 agency.

• Mike01
        Mike01 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve worked the local level for nearly 10 years now. Is it a good gig? Sure. Being on patrol pushing a black and white can, at times, be a blast. However, after a few years you’ll get tired of it. Then once you put your time in and pay your dues, you can promote to investigations. A little bit better hours and atmosphere, but sometimes having up to 60+ active cases can be frustrating. Working the local level gives you experience and excitement you won’t find anywhere else. I’ve never worked an 1811, but hopefully I get picked up soon. Biggest thing you need to do is ask your self where do I want to be when Im 40. Does being a Sgt over a patrol shift working nights and weekend sound interesting? if so stay put.

I've been keeping up on this thread since the beginning, and there's a couple things I can't quite understand. Maybe someone can shed some light...

First, are students still being restricted to campus? From what I understand, instructors (firearms, DT, driving, academic), role players, cleaning staff, food service staff, contractors, and admin personnel are still commuting to and from the center. Now that FLETC is no longer testing, what's the point of keeping students under quarantine for 6+ months? Are there plans to lift this in the near future?

Second, how are FLETC and the sending agencies compensating students who are restricted to center after normal working hours are complete? Students are all civilian employees...I can't imagine that it's legal to restrict movement without compensation for the hours when students are not permitted to leave... Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by boilerpilot View Post
        I've been keeping up on this thread since the beginning, and there's a couple things I can't quite understand. Maybe someone can shed some light...

First, are students still being restricted to campus? From what I understand, instructors (firearms, DT, driving, academic), role players, cleaning staff, food service staff, contractors, and admin personnel are still commuting to and from the center. Now that FLETC is no longer testing, what's the point of keeping students under quarantine for 6+ months? Are there plans to lift this in the near future?

Second, how are FLETC and the sending agencies compensating students who are restricted to center after normal working hours are complete? Students are all civilian employees...I can't imagine that it's legal to restrict movement without compensation for the hours when students are not permitted to leave... Am I missing something?
        Yes, students are still being restricted and correct all of those staff members are going on and off. As of now, there has not been any indications of the campus restriction being lifted. Students are not being compensated for being restricted to campus.

There is no point to keeping students restricted to campus. The 14 day "ROM" period is also useless and a waste of time.

Comment

I can offer a update that came directly from FLETC.

The two individuals that tested positive for COVID-19 were asymptomatic and were immediately transferred to an isolation dormitory. They're conducting contact tracing to determine if there were any other individuals that were potentially exposed.

FLETC did not drop the testing protocol. The reason why it was suspended is because there was a change to the FDA emergency use authorization for the specific test that FLETC is using. Once that is cleared up, they'll resume the pilot testing program.

They've conducted 1800 plus tests and to only have two test positive so far is pretty good given that it's impossible not to have any cases emerge.

Comment

• kb9977
            kb9977 commented
            Editing a comment
            Given that more people will be asymptomatic, will they simply let these people go at that point or continue training with mask etc.?

• DoD88
            DoD88 commented
            Editing a comment
            They had 4 positive cases. 2 were 100% confirmed by the outside and the other 2 are pending outside results.

kb9977 you do understand that asymptomatic just means they don't show symptoms, not that they can't spread it right?

• DoD88
            DoD88 commented
            Editing a comment
            MXDesa where did you get the 1800 number from? I know that haven't tested that many students and to my understanding have not tested instructors or staff.

• MXDesa
            MXDesa commented
            Editing a comment
            DoD88, that number came from my agency representative that communicates directly with FLETC leadership. At the time they received that information, they only had two confirmed cases.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3358 users online. 203 members and 3155 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X