Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletc is now saying some trainees will return June 3rd to start the two week quarantine. Apparently there are some issues with the food contract that could push the date back farther.

Training may be pushed to 6 day’s a week

Comment

• Sports21
      Sports21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it going to be boxed food for all 3 meals? Does fletc notify the individuals or do they notify the agency with return dates?

• Mr.Green91
      Mr.Green91 commented
      Editing a comment
      From my understanding Fletc notifies the specific academy which in return notifies you and or agency.

• Navy88vt
      Navy88vt commented
      Editing a comment
      6’ers make sense if students are going to be locked down. Even more-so if the reported no overlap in classes is true.

I know some people leave May 30th

Comment

• Sports21
      Sports21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow it may be starting up!...what program? How much time do they have left?

Sports21 ita a UPTP class in artesia that only completed one week of training before they shutdown everything . So they may brining in other class not to far from that.

Comment

• DoD88
      DoD88 commented
      Editing a comment
      They have UPTP in Artesia?

• Mr.Green91
      Mr.Green91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that have UPTP, atleast for the BIA I'll be going through so not sure about everything else.

Any word about CITP classes starting up?

Comment

https://www.fletc.gov/press-release/...-site-training

Comment

Hello,

FLETC released a press statement. Best of luck to all...

https://www.fletc.gov/press-release/...-site-training

​​​
        Since you will most likely be remanded to be on the FLETC campus for the duration of your sentence, I would suggest looking into 5 USC 5545(c)(1): https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/5545

You may be entitled to standby pay if given the option of staying or getting fired. A similiar situation occurred with the Border Patrol prior to BPAPRA where an arbitrator favored in the side of BPAs when they were forced to stay in a Forward Operating Base without additional pay.

Comment

• Mr.Green91
          Mr.Green91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm assuming this is just for Glynco? Or is this more or less all Fletc On-site Training Centers?

FLETC will also provide students opportunities for rest and relaxation in FLETC’s athletic training facilities, Student Center and along FLETC’s many miles of walking and running trails.

The locker room in the athletic building reeks like a porta potty in July. The Student Center is called the G Bar for a reason- it's all dudes, all the time. The many miles of trails are mosquito and gnat infested swamps. So take that 'rest and relaxation' part with a grain of salt....

FLETC is currently exploring testing capabilities.
        Bingo. Hopefully that gets implemented sooner and not later and students aren't locked down for 26 weeks.
        What does not kill you will likely try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Green91 View Post
          Yeah that have UPTP, atleast for the BIA I'll be going through so not sure about everything else.
          SS uniform trains there as well

Comment

Comment below as soon as you get or hear of a “specific” class recall to Glynco.

Comment

• LawDog310
              LawDog310 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure if this is relevant since it's an agency-run academy, but CBP is bringing classes back in droves as we speak. Confirmed on the CBP thread with a posted schedule and also with my buddy whose class reconstitutes next week. For what it's worth....CBP is going to have tons of overlapping classes. So maybe the FLETC-run basic academies will also be ditching the no-overlap idea.

Anyone know how the room situation will be? I've been hearing that single rooms might only be for the 14 days. Are they really planning to double people up again and keep them locked down?

Comment

• Costanza
              Costanza commented
              Editing a comment
              Whoooaaaa what are you saying kind sir?! Double up?! Were they doing that before?! Only at the Taj or at the old slums?! Keep in mind, haven’t been there since bus school in 2011 but then we were solo in the Taj

Just confirmed with the homie who was there last year and he had to double up. Sounds like the WORST.
              Last edited by Costanza; 05-27-2020, 10:35 PM.

My three academies at the Center of Excellence:

Academy #1, circa mid 1990s: 14 weeks, housed in the original crackhouses (now agency offices).

Everyone had their own room in what was family housing when the center was the Glynco Naval Air Station. In each unit, one lucky student got the master bedroom, a couple got smaller bedrooms, and one poor bastard got what was the kitchen. The downstairs living room was common space where people played cards or just sat around and BS'ed. No cable tv and if you wanted to make a phone call, you stood in line at sidewalk payphones while the sand fleas gorged, sometimes for an hour. Good times.

Academy #2: circa 2000: 26 weeks, housed in the newer units next to the G bar. Cable tv had been installed at the center and cell phones were now in wide use. Everything was close- classrooms, gym, chow, and the bar. Shared a bathroom but had own room. Life was good.

Academy #3: circa 2010: 12 weeks, housed in the Taj. Doubled up with a roomie (for the first time since college in the late 1980s) in a unit designed for single use. Super nice guy who warned he 'snored a bit' when we first moved in.

Well, he didn't just snore, he had full blown sleep apnea. In the event you've never laid four feet from someone with sleep apnea, it goes like this- when they fall asleep, they begin to choke on the tissue in their throat and make very loud choking sounds. It's not loud snoring, it's a choke and gag pattern that goes on for hours.

I first tried using the little foam ear plugs from the range but they quickly fell out. Then I tried cotton balls but they too fell out. Then I went to Publix and bought wax balls and jammed them into my ear canals at bedtime but they also would fall out. Night after night I'd lay there for hours as my roomie snortled and choked like a man gagging on toxic gas. A couple of weeks into the academy, I was grabbing my pillow and crashing on the couch in the reception area, which allowed for some rest but not much as people would come and go at all hours.

By week three, I was in full sleep deprivation mode. Hallucinations, mood swings, decreased ability to concentrate. I realized I had to figure something out regarding alternative sleep space for the next nine weeks so I picked up a copy of the center newspaper and scanned the classified ads. Sure enough, there were several listings for houses to rent.

I called one of the numbers and met with the landlord (who also was an instructor). Nice home in a nice quiet sub north of the center. My wife later joined me for the final weeks. Worked out perfectly. Turns out about half of my class found 'alternative housing'... no surprise, given how we were all lateral 1811s in our 30s and 40s. I know it's officially frowned upon, but what difference does it make if someone quietly stays elsewhere? None. (If you say the cost of maid service, well, the G spent $330,000,000 on building mobile hospitals during the last two months that nobody stayed at, so there's no legit argument).

That was then. Now... if you get doubled up at the Taj, there's no such play. Won't even be able to leave the center to buy wax balls at Publix...

What does not kill you will likely try again.

Comment

• waffledog47
              waffledog47 commented
              Editing a comment
              Other than the buildings near the chow hall (93,94 I think) with private bathroom and own room the rooms near the g bar are definitely the best on fletc. Too small to double up and near everything, and sharing a bathroom isn’t the end of the world.

• Shadowtrain
              Shadowtrain commented
              Editing a comment
              During one of my training stints I was housed in the 'crackhouses' where you shared a bathroom. The neighbor/person I shared the bathroom with.... was a true model citizen. The individual never flushed and left floaters, somehow got random stuff all over the shower/walls, and I got locked out of the bathroom all the time.

Alternative housing would have been a godsend!!!

Would they really risk doubling up people in small rooms? That doesn’t sound smart. Also does anyone have any idea if they are letting you drive your POV to FLETC?

Comment

• DoD88
              DoD88 commented
              Editing a comment
              So I just read FLETC's reopening plan that was dated two days ago and released today. It does state that students will be housed only in single room / single bathroom dorms. It also implies that students can drive their POVs as it lays out the screening process for students returning in POVs vs the airport shuttle. However, take that with a grain of salt because it also says students will receive a registration email with COVID 19 questions 14 days prior to returning and that's not happening for the first wave of students.

Semi-related COVID themed question since all the smartest people from other threads seem to be in here.

Anyone have any clue what hiring will look like when agencies start back up? With the FLETC backlog, are they going to delay hiring until the pipeline clears? Or do you think they’ll hire people and have them sit on their hands until they can get to FLETC.

Comment

• Sanchesus
              Sanchesus commented
              Editing a comment
              Was supposed to attend CTIP and April 14. Just got word I'm looking at 3-5+ months.

• 1811HopefulDC
              1811HopefulDC commented
              Editing a comment
              Sanchesus, which agency is that for?

I hope its not a delay that long that pushes us into to new FY considerations, potential shuitdown as well as House/Senate not agreeing on FTE numbers and postions being cut (been through this rodeo last year. (had an interview and whole process for a potion in NYC, 14 days later the FY 19 budget passed (yes in DEC) and then the agency got less FTE and budget than expected and decided not to hire any of us.

• Sanchesus
              Sanchesus commented
              Editing a comment
              @1811HopefulDC

I was told by my OSI superintendent that USAFOSIA -- which is the academy for OSI located in the FLETC-- is open back up again. However, they couldn't provide a rescheduled date and mentioned the possible time frames of 3-5 months since I need to go thru CITP first. We are a smaller portion of agents and probably have less priority in this case.

**Also im assuming they meant 3-5 months before CITP and not USAFOSIA. Otherwise, I'd be in the next class or two goven the length of CITP.
              Last edited by Sanchesus; 05-29-2020, 02:04 PM.

• 1811HopefulDC
              1811HopefulDC commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll PM you

ATF is continuing to hire despite the COVID-19 and FLETC situations.

Comment

Here are the FLETC COVID-19 questions. I wonder how many will answer honestly.

Have you been in close contact with individuals suspected of COVID-19 infection?

Have you been in an area of the COVID-19 outbreak?

When was the last time you could have been in contact with either of these situations?

Comment

• MXDesa
                MXDesa commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s anyone that lives in any major city, anywhere

• DoD88
                DoD88 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is it just me or do these questions seem ambiguous?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5514 users online. 326 members and 5188 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X