Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rat is the only good poster on this entire website. Why are you trying to scare him off?

Truly insane how many people applying for FLEO jobs are like this. Oh no, extra words to read on a forum. How will you ever recover???

Comment

Quarantine per FLETC means no gathering classes together for the first 2 weeks, but ability to move around the campus, but no gathering in groups. After 2 weeks, no more than 12 trainees in a room at one time. Chow hall will be grab and go. Once on the campus, trainees won’t be able to leave until graduation. So far, public not allowed on campus for graduation.

As far as a liquor ban- It has been a topic of serious discussion. Many of the agencies are not in favor of it. It allegedly stems from a allegation of sexual misconduct that occurred a while back. G-Bar will be open, but staff will be banned from going in. That’s all I’ve heard through my sources.

Comment

• 1811HopefulDC
        1811HopefulDC commented
        Editing a comment
        Any idea how long they plan on keeping the quarantine rules? Last I have heard is our class is likely pushed until the start of the New FY, but wondering if it'll be under lockdown then too.

^Solid inside info. Where you involved in any of the planning? What about DT and PT and the pressed ham locker room?

RE: No more staff in the Student Center. That should've been done YEARS ago. Not just the frogs who get their drink started everyday at 4:30 but all staff. Alcohol-based fraternization among instructor/student is never good....

True story: this goes back a few years, even a couple of decades. In my first Center of Excellence academy, the PT instructor took a shine to one of the females in the class. By the final weeks, she was hooking up with a married classmate, which PT instructor wasn't aware of. PT instructor started hanging around the class after training hours over beers in the original crackhouses, trying to get his mack on with female student. Well, her married boyfriend didn't appreciate the attention and the two boys had a 'scene'. Instructor smartly departed asap before 5-0 arrived....
      What does not kill you will likely try again.

Comment

• Sports21
        Sports21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where was she on the fletc scale?

• Ratatatat
        Ratatatat commented
        Editing a comment
        High. 7.2 on the outside, 8.5 at the center.

Had some real issues though. Like self-hate, hence the open affair with a married dude...

• Alyk
        Alyk commented
        Editing a comment
        what's fletc scale?

• Ratatatat
        Ratatatat commented
        Editing a comment
        The place has its own lingo. Frogs are fat retired old guys. Scale is subjective degree of attractiveness.

Originally posted by big_bob_69 View Post
      Rat is the only good poster on this entire website. Why are you trying to scare him off?
      I'd like to add a huge +1 to that.

My condolences to everyone entering FLETC amidst corona. Roll with the punches and hang in there.

Comment

I was hearing early June reopening. That’s 2 weeks away and haven’t heard anything. Will FLETC give ample notice before bringing us back or do they figure since we were in the middle of training they can bring us back at a moment’s notice? Do rumors count as notice?

Comment

• Chifan12
          Chifan12 commented
          Editing a comment
          1st group was supposed to report this last weekend for 14 day quarantine with classes beginning June 1. Re-opening was delayed indefinitely, heard from guys who were called off Friday it is because DHS hasn't signed off yet on the plan. Fletc will give every agency 30 days notice for return. Soooo don't hold your breath and get comfy at home. Standby by to standby.

• Sports21
          Sports21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chifan12 that first group that was called off this weekend, were they given 30days notice? I’m guessing they were close to graduating.

• Chifan12
          Chifan12 commented
          Editing a comment
          They were given 30 days from when classes would start. 2 weeks notice prior to quarantine.

I'm hearing from an HSI contact, that there will be no new classes starting until actual 2021, not fiscal year. I hope it's not true, I have not heard that from my agency.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems to echo what the above post says too. Not sure how agencies who were already hurting for manpower are going to deal with this.

Saw the USSS has an 1811 posting for retired agents. I’m guessing that’s what agencies will have to do until they can bring in new bodies.

Originally posted by hawaiitexas View Post
        I'm hearing from an HSI contact, that there will be no new classes starting until actual 2021, not fiscal year. I hope it's not true, I have not heard that from my agency.
        Also heard this but through another agency. They are working to resume classes that got cancelled mid way first.
        Last edited by waffledog47; 05-21-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Just talked to an instructor for FLETC, he stated that the academy at Glynco is returning to working order. Folks are being placed in a two week quarantine prior to start of classes. Classes who already started will all be finished prior to them starting new classes. Then they will start with the classes that were cancelled in order. Classes do not overlap so slower than normal getting classes in.

confirmed:
          14 day quarantine
          no leaving post for recruits(instructors are having a hard time coming and going according to him they are testing to the extreme)
          G-Bar closed.
          Last edited by 1811HopefulDC; 05-21-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Chifan12
            Chifan12 commented
            Editing a comment
            But when will it restart is the million dollar question. "Delayed indefinitely" as of May 16.

• Sports21
            Sports21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great new info thank you. When you say “classes do not overlap” does that mean there will only be one citp/uptp at a time until they graduate and then the next one can start?

• 1811HopefulDC
            1811HopefulDC commented
            Editing a comment
            Chifan12- He said that they were starting up "as of now". He said that the instructors are going through protocols now (I didn't think to ask further into that at the time). So by going by his word I would guess very soon. IDK If it helps I work at DHS and they told us Zero people in office next week so they can sanitize the building and we would start phasing back in after that

Sports21- He said he didn't know if they were going to run only one citp/uptp at a time. He did say that there would be no overlap, so the new class wouldn't come in to start their two week quarantine until the old class had left. I asked if he meant 2 weeks of Q for class one, three months of class for Class 1, then two weeks of Q for next class and he said yes.

Students returning June 1 followed by 14 day quarantine. Classes will be split to groups of 12. Masks will be worn in the classrooms. Trainees can't leave campus till they graduate. Staff will be heavily scrutinized coming on to center.

I have a friend who instructs in PTD but he didn't have any news for me last I asked. I suspect they don't quite know how they are going to handle that yet. When it gets rolling again if someone from here isn't there training and gives an update I'll reach out to him to see what they are doing.

Comment

• A3PO1
            A3PO1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I understand quarantining on campus for two weeks, but how are we supposed to stay on campus for the entire time? We are probably going to need to get groceries, etc eventually so how is this supposed to work?

• 9L81
            9L81 commented
            Editing a comment
            For your sanity you will want to leave buy there isn't anything that you will NEED to do off center. I imagine that the amenities on center will be brought up a bit knowing the students are stuck there. There is a chow hall on center, and a laundry place, and a small medical facility, and post office, and chapel, and ....

The two week quarantine is just that. If they adjust the programs to reduce time they will still have to be in line with the accreditation of the program. Maybe they do this due to reduced throughput simply because they are running fewer students at a time but I highly doubt they care about that two weeks. It will be a time for get acclimated to the weather, get your bearings, figure out what you thought would be there that isn't, and then order it online or have someone send it to you. Likely you all will have more unused free time compared to other classes that have gone through. Use it wisely. Work on a language, your fitness, or something else that will payoff down the line.

• 1811HopefulDC
            1811HopefulDC commented
            Editing a comment
            going to be a great time to get into shape, heard the food sucks so you'll limit calories, no where to go on "free time" so hit the gym and no booze, so I might actually start looking like I work out.

• Shadowtrain
            Shadowtrain commented
            Editing a comment
            9L81 -
            The no off-center access is going to crush peoples' souls. One can only do laundry and derp around on campus so long. Good luck to all who are going to be the guinea pigs in this phase. I know I couldn't do it.

So two weeks of chillin', then 12 weeks of CITP, then agency add-on of another 12 weeks.... that's 26 weeks of classroom, mat room, gun range, dorm room and not much else. God bless.

Safe assumption: Amazon trucks won't be allowed on campus.

So what you arrive with is all you'll have for 26 weeks (Fletc Express is NOT a viable source of provisions. Fletc Express is like a 7-11 with a small selection of grooming products and medicinals).

Ratatatat's recommendation re: junk in your trunk when you arrive at the front gate:

Three new in box pairs of running shoes
          Gallon jug of IcyHot
          Two cold compresses

Preferred brand of shampoo
          Preferred brand of soap
          Preferred brand of TP (their stuff is jailhouse sandpaper)

32" TV (BestBuy sells for $119)
          Firestick with multiple subscriptions
          Xbox or PS4

Mini-fridge
          Enough beer to last 26 weeks (ex: if you drink a 12 pack of Coors Light a week, then will need 13 cases in trunk on arrival day)
          As many bags of frozen bagel bites and pizza rolls as you can fit in a cooler

Condoms (now listen and listen good: during every long academy I have attended, romance was in the air (disclaimer: except for me). Sometimes it's single classmates, sometimes it's married classmates, sometimes it's both. When you put a bunch of people together in a stressful environment, it tends to breed such dependencies, and while academy trysts are generally frowned upon for good reason, the reality is Cupid's arrow is going to land where it will and the LAST thing either party wants is a pregnancy halfway through the academy. So load up on the Magnums before arriving.

Sweatpants
          Slippers
          Comfy clothes

The reality that lies ahead: there will be TONS of downtime. Once class is over for the day, it's off to your rooms. When the weekend starts, it's two days of sitting in your rooms. No trips to Savannah or St. Simons. No Starbucks or Ruby Tuesdays. Just you and the cinderblock walls of your 15X15 room.

So think through what you will need for six months of partial isolation and arrive fully stocked and prepared to deal with hours upon hours of nothingness.

Comment

• jags007
            jags007 commented
            Editing a comment
            This is perfect, I almost thought you forgot to mention bringing TP that isn't 40-grit, but reread and you even have that covered.

• NCG128
            NCG128 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I saw my future self writing this LOL

• faustus
            faustus commented
            Editing a comment
            Why are you like this? It’s almost like your relishing in the moment. We know it sucks. No need for you to spell it out good grief

• 9L81
            9L81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn't knowing half the battle. Fear is when we think what is happening should not be happening. So if those headed for FLETC this summer head out there with a very low bar in their mind about how the grind will be, then they will be pleasantly surprised if things turn for the better sooner rather than later.

I do think there will be a mechanism to get deliveries to the center though. People rely on them for meds and such. Probably stuff will be received and then it will be quarantined/disinfected for a short period before it is released.

Let's parse out the Fletc romances a bit more. It's worth discussing, because if no one can leave, then the issue of inter-classmate amorous activity will be an even bigger aspect of the training experience.

Typically, Fletc romances take the following shapes:

1. Genuine. These are the single people who meet their soulmate at Fletc. I personally know two couples, married for years and with kids, who met at Fletc.

2. F buddies. These are the single people who, well, you know what this means. Nothing serious, let's just hang and have some fun.

3. Fletc spouses: these are the married people who take on another spouse with the full understanding that after graduation day, it's over and everyone goes back to their original spouse. But until that day comes, everyday is a honeymoon.

4. Harem keepers: these are the guys who juggle multiple girlfriends from multiple classes. One must be very motivated and very skilled to pull this off. I've seen many try, and very few succeed.

5. The Highlighters. So during my first academy, there was a CBP student who chain-smoked Camel unfiltereds and drank every night. Because the cigs stained her teeth and lips yellow, she was named The Highlighter by fellow classmates (she nearly got booted for partying too much and all her extra-cirricular activities). The people in this category are the hard partiers who haven't missed happy hour since dollar drafts were invented. Their fletc relationships are boozy, foggy, and quickly forgotten.

6. The Cuckolds: these are the men, approaching 40 and married with families, for whom six months away from wife and kids means six months of acting like a 22 year old again. All that judo wrestling, fast driving, and brass on the ground gets the testosterone flowing for the first time in years. They secretly are ashamed about their philandering, but figure it's all part of the Westworld/Fantasy Island experience.

My recommendation, btw, is to avoid all of the above. Fletc world is a bizarre and insular place under normal conditions and now it's even more so. Fletc romances only complicate the group dynamic and generate jealously, gossip, and can damage reputations for entire careers. So leave your classmates alone and what you do to yourself in private is between you and God.

Comment

• DoD88
            DoD88 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's spot on.

• Exbpa340
            Exbpa340 commented
            Editing a comment
            My FLETC experience was in Charleston SC (many years ago) and my class consisted of only male trainees. About halfway through the academy one of my classmates was observed/caught making out with a tranny at one of the local establishments. He claimed that he didn’t “know” but according to the witnesses it was obvious to all. At one point a few weeks later another of my classmates, that was always arguing with the tranny kisser, broke out into a song that to this day was one of the funniest things I’ve ever witnessed. The song was based on Jimmy Hendrix Excuse my while I kiss this sky... To the best of my recollection it went like....

My name is ********* and I’m three feet tall... excuse me while I kiss this guy.

The rendition went in for several minutes that included the guitar solos (vocally of course). Let’s just say the Tranny kisser never lived it down. It has followed him throughout his career. Even when we went on detail to different stations across the country many were aware of this incident.

Point is ... what you do at FLETC can follow you throughout your career (especially if you make out with a tranny).

Rat, That was priceless! Spot on accurate. I too stayed away from the philandering while at FLETC, as I didn’t need the extra stress or headaches. I was well past that phase when I took the job. That said, anyone who thinks that FLETC is like Vegas, in that what happens at FLETC stays at FLETC, is delusional. Your reputation begins at FLETC. It follows you. If you work for a large agency, perhaps CBP, TSA, etc. Your reputation may blend into the masses. If you work for a smaller agency, like ATF or smaller, then rest assured, your transgressions are known by those back at your field office. I’ve seen and heard it a hundred times. When attending classes at FLETC; have fun, but don’t be an idiot.
          Last edited by Redrum3215; 05-22-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Mr. Rat, yes your insights here are priceless, I agree! At least everyone has a better idea of what to expect of FLETC, along with understanding that FLETC has the reputation of hookup and cheaters central. I will say, Mr. Rat, you do seem to have romance on the brain, given your inclination to share with us topics such as highly specific FLETC female attractiveness scale ratings, the meaning of a FLETC frog, and the advanced typology of FLETC relationships. Hmm. You say you are one that was on good behavior in this regard, though maybe you are a little fixated since you missed out on the fun, ha ha ha! Good luck with all of that! Anyway -

Obviously your advice that people refrain from cheating is sound. Too bad as of present FLETC is known for having a lot of cheating going down. Don't get me wrong, I know that just because SOME people act like that, doesn't mean everyone's that way. Along those lines, I don't take it personally if for example others in agencies I have worked in do something wrong, because I am not them, I do the right thing. BUT - what does bother me is that this widely known FLETC cheaters central reputation does not really set a FLETC student's significant other's mind at rest. It adds an additional strain I think, for the separated SO out in the regular word to worry, especially since now it will be months of total separation. Of course trust in a relationship can overcome this issue, but still, it is just human for even the most trusting SO to have a lingering worry in this type of situation.

Well, people should not cheat for so many reasons. The potential damage to one's professional image is just one factor. Not to mention, it could even become a clearance concern under the personal conduct guideline, if someone is cheating and lying about it and trying to hide it. Questionable judgment and vulnerability to coercion will definitely be a problematic factor in that type of scenario. Anyway, the bottom line is, cheating is just downright rotten to do to a significant other. So, either find some resolve to not go down that path, or if you can't, just break it off and stay out of any more committed relationships. I mean, how can some of these people be in law enforcement where they are held to such high standards but they can't keep from cheating? I don't get it.
            Timeline:
            DAL-ERO-10676067-DH-MJ --- Applied 1/15/20 --- Many steps & some COVID delay ---
            EOD end of FY 20

((≡≡))

Comment

This quarantine for students is not going to last more than a few weeks before FLETC upper management cracks. What happens when a student gets injured severely and has to go to a hospital off site, but the injury was such that he/she can return to training within the 3 training day allowance? Is he/she banned from training? What happens when a student with a (documented) medical issue has to see an off-site specialist? Are they going to deny the student necessary medical care, and say that the student has to give up his/her job to go see the specialist? How about if a student has to pick up prescription medication which is a controlled substance, refrigerated, whatever, and can't be Rx delivery? Denied his/her medication? Not a chance. What happens if someone's wife, kid, mom, dad, whatever passes? Exceptions in all these cases will be made, especially once that student reaches out to their agency, and the agency gets on the phone to FLETC executive management, or the agency staff they have on site (happens all the time). In a few weeks suddenly you have 7 or 8 people in every class with waivers to have left, and then you gotta ask, what is the point?

People can keep touting the gung-ho attitudes like this is the military all they want, but I'm telling you, there will be exceptions made for what I listed above as well as other far less extreme stuff, and then it's all over. This is not the military and this is not an overseas deployment. It's a civilian training center located stateside. If you think what I said above is far-fetched and they won't make exceptions for it, then you haven't been to a FLETC basic class in the last 3 years.

The fact that instructors, admin staff, food service, etc. are not subject to that restriction makes the whole thing one huge joke. The 2 weeks lockdown upon arrival is fair, but locking every single student down for 26 weeks? Not gonna last.
              Last edited by waffledog47; 05-22-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• 9L81
                9L81 commented
                Editing a comment
                The point is, per my conversation yesterday with an instructor there, that the bars on the island are packed, there is no social distancing being observed and essentially nobody is wearing a mask. I assume restrictions will be loosened too but if that's what is going on on the island they won't be allowing them off center to do anything considered non-essential.

• waffledog47
                waffledog47 commented
                Editing a comment
                Who cares? Who determines what is essential and what isn't? Within a month every activity other than going to a bar will be essential and it'll be pointless. This entire "strategy" reeks of the brainchild (I use the term brain loosely) of a couple of "good to go" FLETC branch chiefs who have no connection to reality outside of FLETC's fences.

• DoD88
                DoD88 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree 100%.

• DoD88
                DoD88 commented
                Editing a comment
                9L81 if that's the case then all staff should also be housed on FLETC and not allowed to leave. There is nothing stopping staff from going wherever and if you really think every staff member including tdy instructors are going to be "cautious" and stay at home then you're sadly mistaken. For some reason FLETC seems to think only students are capable of contracting and transmitting the virus. And make no mistake about it, FLETC is just winging it at this point.

So what basic classes are starting back on June 1?

Comment

• Mr.Green91
                Mr.Green91 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was set to go to artesia BIA Academy in april and havent anything on a reschedule yet.......

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6650 users online. 341 members and 6309 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X