Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did the two week “trial” freedom go?
    With great power comes great response times.

Comment

• Itchysweater
      Itchysweater commented
      Editing a comment
      Still opened up.

• emtguy89
      emtguy89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently the FLETC administration has decided to continue obeying the law.

• No more mask requirement as of today on center. Only required to be worn on buses.

Comment

• What are the restrictions on base now? Are the bunking up or running singles in the bunks?

Comment

• emtguy89
        emtguy89 commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I understand they were doing both even when they were illegally confining people on campus supposedly to prevent people from getting sick, from a virus that they're all vaccinated against.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        We're allowed off campus and we don't have to wear masks in any of the buildings. We still wear masks on buses.

• Hopeful02
        Hopeful02 commented
        Editing a comment
        No restrictions now. I'm here at the one in Charleston. Masks are required everywhere but no lockdown at the moment.

• I just got onboard with a small agency. Anyone knows how long is the average waiting time for a seat in the next CITP class at Glynco? Thx.

Comment

• Yak
        Yak commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it depends on what your particular agency has scheduled for slots. One I'm currently in the process with is hiring for a Jan class.

• Thanks. So u saying each agency has their priority list with FLETC. I guess I should be going there soon then. Any idea when is the next class scheduled?

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        New classes start every few days/weekly. There’s no real way to give advice on when you could end up on center. Like Yak said, it’s just entirely based on what slots yours agency has.

• Ice2017dec
        Ice2017dec commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it. Thanks for the info.

• Shadowtrain
        Shadowtrain commented
        Editing a comment
        As mentioned, there are always classes starting.
        Back in normal days, it would be a class starting a the beginning of the week and then one at the end of the week.

As for when you'll go to FLETC, it will depend on your agency and what they have slotted for. Different agencies have different priorities and slots given to them and the agency dictates how long the amount of time is before you head out to academy.

Usually, larger agencies will have greater amounts of class spots for trainees.
        Some CITP classes will be of one agency, half of one agency and another, half of one agency and the other half being piece meal'ed together with other agencies, or a class full of all different agencies together.

At my old agency, there was about a two week lag before we started CITP and the makeup was half being my agency and the other half being Secret Service. Some agencies will have a class to themselves (ATF and USMS come to mind).

Not sure how far you are in the onboarding process, but someone at your agency or the training office (branch, division, etc) should have a rough idea of your projected class date.

I'm at a small agency and we've hired a bunch of new agents. One person had to wait about two months due to scheduling conflicts and availability, and we have a few starting in mid-January.

Good luck with your career!

• Thanks again for the info. I’m starting in just couple pps. My ASAC once told me that they want me to go there in Dec and I thought she must be joking. Now I think it’s very possible that I will be sent there right away which it’s better than wait till the summer.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any opportunity to not be there/here in the hot summer months is a major win…. There was ice on my windshield Wednesday morning. It was great

• CCCSD
        CCCSD commented
        Editing a comment
        Ice? WTF is that?

• Wonder how long until Omicron gets FLETC locked down again?

Comment

• emtguy89
        emtguy89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure they won't due to the congressional inquiry over their last violation of law.

• Jrc1896
        Jrc1896 commented
        Editing a comment
        They’ll be breaking the law again soon. This place is gonna lock down by the end of this next week I predict.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you’re wrong but wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right. I’m supposed to start CITP end of the month.

• Originally posted by Jrc1896 View Post
      Wonder how long until Omicron gets FLETC locked down again?
      I think it did last year next week on Tuesday last.

Comment

• Trying to get started on procuring FLETC essentials- can anyone say as to whether or not you’re permitted use/bring a mattress topper? If so what size are the beds?

Comment

• emtguy89
          emtguy89 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can bring anything except liquor and weapons.

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          emtguy89 But those are the essentials!

• CCCSD
          CCCSD commented
          Editing a comment
          Hookers and blow…concealed in your “topper”.

• 57IG
          57IG commented
          Editing a comment
          Why?
          Bring your favorite pillow instead.

• Jagger3939 is it 2 bunks to a room? Are they Jack and Jill rooms? Never done a Fed academy I assumed it was a bay with twin bunks in it.

Comment

• emtguy89
          emtguy89 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're joking right? It's the feds, not the military or state police. Students are addressed as sir/ma'am. Worst case scenario you'll have double occupancy rooms, it's literally an on-campus hotel owned by FLETC. Best case, you get your own room and share a bathroom.

• Jjjkklm
          Jjjkklm commented
          Editing a comment
          emtguy89

2 to a room isn’t bad at all. Not what I expected. Room inspections??

• Denver81
          Denver81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Only 2 man rooms with building 185, 186,187 (i.e. Taj), some buildings have bathrooms inside of your room, some you have to share a bathroom with. I was lucky when I was down I was at the Taj and had the room to myself. No room inspections. You have room cleaning service.

• SDM8492
          SDM8492 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jjjkklm - No room inspections. FLETC is more of a college than an academy. Once you're off at 1630, you're on your own for the most part.

• What’s the masking policy at FLETC lately? Still double occupancy in the Taj?

Comment

• SJM247
          SJM247 commented
          Editing a comment
          ORT is issued cargo shorts, duty belt, and issued underarmor shirt. Depending on the instructor, they may require you to wear white socks (least mine does).
          CITP seems to be a mixed bag, some where boots, others where athletic shoes.

• Shadowtrain
          Shadowtrain commented
          Editing a comment
          SJM247
          My one ORT instructor was crazy about everyone wearing white socks and we got smoked everytime someone forgot to wear white socks.

To answer Winter_Patriot on the boot question. It's really up to you for what you want to wear as far as footwear goes. Some people are former patrol/duty and loved wearing full-length boots. Unless your agency has a strong feeling about it... go crazy.

• 57IG
          57IG commented
          Editing a comment
          Bring your own 511 pants, navy, unless you prefer to wear the 1970s BDUs that don’t fit.

So much is instructor and class dependent, for example ORT could be 85%PT and 15%DT/AT, others could be 95%DT/AT and 5%PT. 

Don’t bring boots, sneakers will do for all, and if you’re in the Taj and walking your feet will thank you. 

Bring your own holster/duty belt, the FLETC issued, if your agency doesn’t is crap, especially if you are already on the job.
          Last edited by 57IG; 12-29-2021, 05:58 AM.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know, thanks. Didn’t realize it varied that much by ORT instructor: I’ll leave the boots at home.

• SJM247 ok

Thanks for the info!!

Comment

• By popular request, I have created a Basic Online Security post for law enforcement officers and potential applicants. Thank you all for sending me these tips and feel free to send additional advice for inclusion. I hope everyone finds the post helpful.

https://www.specialagents.org/basic-...special-agents

-SA Blog
          www.specialagents.org

Comment

• Is there still a 2 week “quarantine” period?

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              No, there hasn’t been for many months.

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              Great, thanks!

• Jjjkklm commented
            12-27-2021, 05:30 PM
            emtguy89

2 to a room isn’t bad at all. Not what I expected. Room inspections??
            Depends on your roomie. You may think otherwise after a couple weeks of laying four feet from a sleep apnea type who can't leave himself alone....

And the only room inspections are govt auditors making sure the maids are cleaning according to contract specs.

TAC Instructor at State academy, Day One: "You eyeballing me, boy? Don't be eyeballing me or I will F you up. I got your number. I will be watching you from here on out. You better UnF yourself soon or you'll be back working at a gas station."

TAC Instructor at FLEA world, Last Day: "Congratulations on completing 26 weeks here. I'm sorry, what's your name and agency again??"
            The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4214 users online. 246 members and 3968 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X