Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s a vaccination shot. That’s all. I cannot believe the whining going on.

Comment

• Grey De Leon
      Grey De Leon commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got people willing to give up their military careers over this vaccine, the amount of misinformation and outright gullibility is astounding (for those that don't know vaccines have always been a part of military service).

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    It’s a vaccination shot. That’s all. I cannot believe the whining going on.
    Have you ever had a loved one pass away unexpectedly shortly after receiving a vaccine? Do you know about the CDC VAERS database where you can report and read reports about the adverse reactions you or your loved one encountered after receiving a vaccine? How come the media, doctors, or pharmaceutical companies don't tell you about it? I understand the ignorance coming from some people because you don't know what you don't know. Stop the judging. You don't know what my family has gone through or what somebody's family close to you as gone through. I'm sure you'll be a jackass and have a jackass response, but that's just what you are. https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

Comment

• PNW.CFE
      PNW.CFE commented
      Editing a comment
      From the VAERS website:
      "VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind."

Data reported through VAERS is anecdotal and at best represents correlation without identified causation. If you lost a loved one after a vaccine, I'm very sorry for that loss but I urge you to question the cause. There have been very few deaths directly related to these vaccines. Even the number posted by VAERS (13K) is only a fraction of the number dying from COVID and is a small risk given the number of vaccines administered in the US (over 200M). That's a fraction of a percent who died at some point after receiving the vaccine, and only a fraction of those deaths may have any possible connection to the vaccine.

Meanwhile, we have over 600K deaths from COVID, and people being turned away from treatment for other conditions because hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID cases. And we are working in a job that requires us to stay healthy and fit, and puts us in contact with the general public. If we're not vaccinated we are not only risking our career, but we are vectors of infection for the public. Same as teachers and healthcare workers.

So I support this 100%, but even if I didn't, the bottom line is we all have a choice to make. Eyes wide open, we can get this shot or look for work elsewhere. No one is going to hold you down and stick a needle in your arm. This is keeping FLETC open. You don't want it, great. Someone else is waiting in line. They'll step forward.

• Ratatatat
      Ratatatat commented
      Editing a comment
      There was story on my local news about a 93 year old man dying the day after the first shot and his family blamed the vax but IDK... at that age, he was already playing with house money...

• My wife works at a large university and was informed this week the vax is now a requirement for all students, faculty and staff, even those working or studying remotely. No ifs ands or buts.

A cool drinking game in the dorms could be Lets see how many spoons we can stick on ourselves--

Doctor claims during Ohio Statehouse testimony that vaccine causes magnetism, makes spoons stick to person’s body (fox19.com)

The way I see it, there are two dynamics at play regarding personal vaccine freedom:

1. You work for a public entity or private corporation and have no choice if you wish to remain on their payroll.

2. You work for yourself or live off grid in Montana and no one makes you do anything you don't want to do.

Btw, the G doesn't care if you don't like something. Go ahead and quit in disgust if you feel strongly about this issue. The low dirty truth is you're nothing but a social security number on a spreadsheet....
    Last edited by Ratatatat; 08-28-2021, 12:29 PM.
    Instinct is something which transcends knowledge.

-Nikola Tesla

Comment

• I'm not going to get into all of your statistics and break down how I feel they are very inaccurate or don't "paint the right picture", but I will just say, if people don't know about VAERS, they can't add to the report. Many doctors don't even know about VAERS. I know a couple of doctors who made their reports in the VAERS database once they finally learned it existed. Unfortunately, VAERS is not made well known to the public or even, ironically, in the medical field. I got "lucky" when I found out about it. Unfortunately, some find out about it when it's too late. Some choose to report, some don't. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just giving you another perspective.
      Last edited by Fraud Investigator; 08-28-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• PNW.CFE
        PNW.CFE commented
        Editing a comment
        I can guarantee you that doctors and hospitals and medical examiners do know about VAERS. If bodies were piling up from vaccinations, the families wouldn't have to know about VAERS because the hospitals would already be reporting it. They paused the J&J shot after one serious adverse event that was literally a one in a million reaction. There's no grand conspiracy to hide mass deaths from these vaccines. Again, very sorry for any loss you have personally suffered, whatever the cause, but please don't fear monger about this. It's not supported by the facts even using the very unreliable, anecdotal data from VAERS that you cited.

• Fraud Investigator
        Fraud Investigator commented
        Editing a comment
        Right off the bat, you are disregarding my anecdotal statements just like you are trying to do with those who report to VAERS. I personally know two well respected doctors who were not taught about VAERS and did not know it existed until they were many years in their profession. How many doctors do you know who know about VAERS?

• PNW.CFE
        PNW.CFE commented
        Editing a comment
        Serious question...are you suggesting that people really ARE dying from the vaccines and its not getting reported because you know a doctor who didn't know about VAERS? So all across the country we have pathologists and ER doctors who are losing patients ("dammit, that's another one killed by Pfizer!") and they're just like what, not telling anyone? They're just sitting around wishing someone would put together a website with a cool acronym so that people could report vaccine adverse effects (maybe call it the Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting System)?

Of course, mainstream media doesn't want you to know about this, so they only talk to doctors and nurses at hospitals who are burnt out and overwhelmed and blaming it on COVID patients, not the influx of vaccine deaths.

Is that seriously what you're suggesting? Don't bother answering that. You're also the guy who suggested that people claim a religious exemption to the vaccine, and then tried to backtrack and claim you were absolutely not suggesting anything improper. Because it's clear that your objection is based on a sincerely held spiritual belief, not misinformation about the vaccine itself or fear of its effectiveness and adverse effects. Seriously?

• Fraud Investigator
        Fraud Investigator commented
        Editing a comment
        It is obvious you don't have the maturity or aptitude to have a respectful discussion about this topic. I'm done with you. I'll continue to say that I hope some of you continue to fully educate yourselves on the topic if it interests you, and don't let the naysayers bully you from speaking your mind.

• Is this a federal hiring forum or tin foil hat convention?

Comment

• I've been reading this forum for a couple weeks now, and I see it's gotten heated when it comes to the COVID mandate so I thought I would post my perspective. ******** I WILL NOT get into any arguments over this topic one way or another *****

I am anti Covid vaccine 100000000%. I feel it should be a choice and I highly dislike it being mandated. I feel we have been put in a crappy position having to defend ourselves whether be for or against. It is a personal choice and we all have our reasons for or against.

With that being said, I just got my shot. Why? Because I was told if I don't I cannot go to FLETC ( it was not my agency who said I had to it was FLETC). I have worked my *** off many years to get the position I did and as much as I hated the fact that I had to get, MY CHOICE was to get it so I could go to FLETC. I went in to the pharmacy in very active protest (so much so the pharmacist said "work making you do it" )

Did my agency force me, no, I was given a choice and I chose to get it so I could go to FLETC and continue on in my new position. Could they have fired me if I didn't?? Maybe. I honestly don't know and for me I wasn't taking the chance of them doing so. It was my choice not to take that chance.

I know someone who chose not to get it and resigned from their position because they couldn't go to FLETC and was told there was a chance they would be let go (again not arguing whether an agency can do that or not). Not getting the shot and standing by their principles was more important and I respect that as well.

We all have a choice to make and will do what we feel is best.

Now on to FLETC I've been told once I get there I cannot leave the base the entire length of my stay and everyone is doubling up. I am not thrilled with this and hoping it changes. If not it's going to be an extremely long stay.

What is there to do on base??? I was reading and it looks like most things are still closed?? Any word on if things will open back up??

Comment

• PNW.CFE
        PNW.CFE commented
        Editing a comment
        Great post.

I don't care if we disagree on COVID, the vaccine, or politics, or whatever. Everyone at FLETC has worked hard to get there. The shot and the lockdown are just more sacrifices along the road. It's up to each of us to make that choice.

It sounds like things will be closed for a while. Hopefully we can all make the best of a challenging situation.

• DC2019
        DC2019 commented
        Editing a comment
        There isn’t much to do on base. Brunswick isn’t much better but it was nice to be able to leave and get away. When you get here you’ll see many people here binge drink all weekend, hook up with random people and go to the taj pools. If you’re not into that then bring video games, books, or whatever hobby you enjoy.

Instructors and coordinators keep saying the hospitals are full with COVID patients in the area, so don’t plan on leaving the entire time you’re here. That is one of their big reasons for why they said they locked down in the first place.

• What is there to do on base???
      You'll have unlimited downtime with limited options:

Go for a trail run in the loblolly pine forest
      Go fishing in the alligator pond by the chow hall
      Listen to your roomie argue with their spouse
      Listen to your roomie snore or rub one out
      Rub one out yourself

Gossip about your classmates hooking up
      Hook up with a classmate yourself

Complain about the food
      Complain about the smell in the locker room
      Complain about not being able to leave
      Complain about taking the covid vax under duress
      Complain to your roomie about having a roomie
      Last edited by Ratatatat; 08-31-2021, 08:02 AM.

-Nikola Tesla

Comment

• CJ1642
        CJ1642 commented
        Editing a comment
        A lot of options I see. Thank you.

• Ratatatat
        Ratatatat commented
        Editing a comment
        Be sure to post frequently with situation reports...
        Last edited by Ratatatat; 08-31-2021, 08:49 AM.

• CJ1642
        CJ1642 commented
        Editing a comment
        I leave next week. Will do. I'm sure it will be Ian interesting few months.

• Girls at FLETC are seriously promiscuous. Consider most of them are college-aged or younger. TSA sends 18-year olds to FLETC (ask me how I know).

The pool was closed when I was there last so that sounds cool. If I were there as a non-single guy I would bring a projector and gaming console with extra controllers. Lots of running and self-PT.

Can food be delivered from off-base?
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical
      09Jun21 Medical Accomplished

ATF Schedule B 2021

25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility
      05Jun21 PTT & SA Exam accomplished (PASS/PASS)
      16Aug21 Interviewed (PASS)
      10Sep21 Candidate Letter Received for GL-5 (ATF Portal)

Comment

• emtguy89
        emtguy89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Better just bring the vidya games instead of catching something you can't get rid of.

• CoastalCop1811
        CoastalCop1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        As if being "non single" makes a difference. The married couple in my class (married to other people that is) were loud...I mean she was a screamer. Oh and I think TSA stopped sending people there since COVID but I could be wrong.

• emtguy89
        emtguy89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard the same regarding TSA and also BOP.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe my AMO class was just mature. Almost everyone was married and nobody ****ed around. Just took care of business. We had zero disciplinary issues aside from me parking my car near the PIV card building but that’s neither here nor there

• Anyone have a link to the upcoming classes start/end dates for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
        Girls at FLETC are seriously promiscuous.
        That's a broad stroke, not exactly the dynamic.

Two groups:

1. The Uninterested (not open to romance because in a monogamous relationship, or for moral/religious reasons, or not into men, or just there to train).
        2. The Interested (open to romance, often regardless of marital status)

For The Interested, the 8:1 male to female ratio allows for ample attention from suitors.

Sometimes, it gets a little out of control. Unattractive types who probably stayed home on prom night are now the belle of the ball. In my first long academy, one student nearly got sent home for too much romance with too many dudes (she dialed it down after being told having multiple boyfriends was causing problems. I forget her name but her mouth was so yellow from chainsmoking unfiltered cigarettes, she was known as The Highlighter).

Much more difficult for males to have multiple partners, but not impossible. I can only remember one situation where a guy had a harem, and I don't know he pulled it off. Must've had some mad skills, or was genetically blessed.

-Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to sound like a braggart but it’s not difficult to have a FLETC harem of wives. Especially with the prevalence of dating apps. Now, was my harem the best-looking lineup in the world? Maybe not. Was it a morale-booster when training was getting old? Yes it was.

I called these daliances “networking with other agencies” or “being the AMO liaison to partner agencies”.

I think most guys just don’t put in the effort to find FLETC love.

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          This forum has done a 180 from heated political debate to hot love advice - in just one page worth of posts. Here’s to looking on the bright side….

• darkhorse6
          darkhorse6 commented
          Editing a comment
          I always told my soldiers and trainee officers to do what they can afford. Just because you CAN do something doesn’t necessarily make it a good idea to actually do it.

That advice applies every day of the week.

• CoastalCop1811
          CoastalCop1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          I personally just wasn't all that interested in the available selection on center...well except for one. Anyway, I typically spent most of my down time off center.

• Is there still a student restriction to base at fletc?

Comment

• DC2019
          DC2019 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Students on base can’t leave and must be vaccinated.

• I wonder if they accept a non-FDA or EUA vaccination from overseas. I would imagine that there are quite a few other dual citizens who attend FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthropologist View Post
          I wonder if they accept a non-FDA or EUA vaccination from overseas. I would imagine that there are quite a few other dual citizens who attend FLETC.
          Why on earth would you accept an unverifiable vaccination form?

Comment

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm just wondering if that means going to get it again. Now that it is required and the possibility of returning to FLETC is in my future, it seems a valid question. I'm quite sure that there are others in this situation who have spent much of their careers overseas and are citizens of other countries.

I would imagine that my Yellow Fever vaccine is valid, and probably my MMR and Hep.

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll play nice - maybe get your titers checked via blood draw to show you have the immunity? I used titers for my vaccination record.

• Anthropologist
            Anthropologist commented
            Editing a comment
            @Donjuan85657

Good point. I should ask about that during the hiring process.

• emtguy89
            emtguy89 commented
            Editing a comment
            They don't ask for proof. Now if you lie and something happens down the road, you should be fired (unless you're out of probation, then they'll probably promote you, perhaps even appoint you to FLETC Director). Foreign vaccines are generally inactivated vaccines which actually work and are proven technology. When you get the email survey, unless it specifies one of the US mRNA "vaccines" then I'd answer yes.

• Delete……..
          Last edited by Bigblue07; 09-19-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• 9L81
            9L81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Providing some Christmas season hope I suppose. Hang in there people.
            Last edited by 9L81; 09-15-2021, 07:43 PM.

• emtguy89
            emtguy89 commented
            Editing a comment
            The only thing that's going to end the illegal lockdown is a lawsuit or the FLETC administration having any sense. Don't hold your breath for the latter.

• Good morning all,

I’m wondering if anyone here has any insight on upcoming CITP classes, specifically if they are cutting down on the number of classes that will be offered FY22 due to covid? Thank you.

Comment

• Hockeysticks
            Hockeysticks commented
            Editing a comment
            Just to piggyback off this, does anyone know if there is a list that shows the classes being offered in FY22 and the applicable dates?

• DC2019
            DC2019 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t know of a public list of upcoming classes but the new classes haven’t slowed down while I’ve been at the center of excellence. It’s about 1 CITP class starting every week to two weeks. CBP and UPTP seem to be at the same rate. Classes are based on agency needs. Each CITP class has 48 people. As long as agencies keep hiring FLETC will continue pushing classes through.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3903 users online. 226 members and 3677 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X