Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't seen much news recently here. I report in April to Glynco. Original start date of late January.

Are we not allowed to leave campus? Does anyone know that?

It is funny how little accepted applicants actually know about what's going on. But, we are all working in the unknown, and change happens daily. Any advice is much appreciated. I got accepted w/ USSS UD. Still don't know much about my future timeline(including JJRTC) other than my start date/location. Keeping my mind open and bracing for the suck + good times.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Edited, thanks.
      Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 02-24-2021, 03:41 PM. Reason: too much information

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      @ASecretSquirrel
      How does one even navigate through that clunky messy forum?

• ASecretSquirrel
      ASecretSquirrel commented
      Editing a comment
      Calitown this should bring you directly to the HSI forum. Easier on mobile than desktop. No idea how they found themselves there out of all the forums on the internet lol

https://forums.delphiforums.com/ICESpecialAgent

• kb9977
      kb9977 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not allowed to leave campus. No liquor allowed. You can have food delivery to the front gate. You have 20ish minutes to pick up and your vehicle gets inspected as if your crossing the border when you come back in the gate. 10 day ROM period upon arrival. Expect your class to be prolonged as you and/or multiple classmates get covid. You will all be tested and given 10 days additional ROM after testing.

• Just a forewarning, this may be a dumb question...but do they tase/spray you at FLETC for CITP?

Comment

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      griffinlocke weak? How so?

• Moose225
      Moose225 commented
      Editing a comment
      SDM8492 - I dont believe HSI actually tases anyone during HSISAT. I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that exposure was voluntary.

• 9L81
      9L81 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was there it was a misting. Not a direct shot. They decided they had too many poor reactions when done as a direct shot considering that a misting is much more likely to occur on the job than a hit in/above the eyes. Having had a direct shot in the eyes and on the eyelids/forehead for my local academy years earlier I can tell you the misting was effectively nothing by comparison. So if you have had a real dose before don't worry about it. If not it may seem to suck but it could be worse.

• StickerShock
      StickerShock commented
      Editing a comment
      This is one of those things that is going to depend on your instructor. I’ve heard of people getting a “misting” but my instructor spray painted our faces for a 2 second count. No obstacle course, just basic tasks and let the OC take effect.

• Eliteforce , exactly what 9L81 said.. A lot of people report pretty much the exact same experience. At my local academy they hit you with it and basically make you run an obstacle course.
    Last edited by griffinlocke; 02-23-2021, 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Eliteforce
      Eliteforce commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve had it to the eyes and above the eyebrow. It sucked. I’m glad to hear it’s just a misting lol.

• A 'misting' of OC spray. That's a fairly accurate description. Just a nice little spritz across the face with an apology. That's how the center rolls.

(In comparison to the state-run academy where a full load was delivered to eyes nose and mouth as the instructor smirked.)

FAR WORSE is the no leaving/no liquor/no joy state of operation. I can only imagine the mood of the place. I bet fletc romances are through the roof as people abandon their morals and marital vows to cope with the misery and stress. Hell, even when things are normal, people go nuts with all that during their two week, twelve week, or twenty-six week stay....
    If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been jones'n for some intel on what FLETC is like these days. I wonder if there actually are far more uhh "unprofessional" incidents with all the cabin fever etc.

• OC is variable depending on your ORT instructor. I heard the same things about it being light mist, and I got hammered. Much worse than previous exposures.

Comment

• 9L81
      9L81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Was that for CITP? Maybe it's changed but when I was there about 4-5 years back that was the story for CITP. We wanted intel so we talked to many other CITP classes leading up to it and they all reported the same experience. It was explained to us by the cadre that it wasn't an option for them to choose to do a direct spray but again I am only talking about CITP.

By now the rules could have flipped multiple times so there is no guarantee one way or another.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Air and Marine did an OC mist but it was my first OC exposure and it really sucked (for me). Can't imagine a direct spray to the eyes...But if everything works out with USMS I'll be back there eventually and will find out!

• I am being told either late May or late July for LMPT. I’m crossing my fingers for May, and only time will tell......

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything about the outside liquor bust a week or two ago?

Comment

• CoastalCop1811
        CoastalCop1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do tell us

• darkhorse6
        darkhorse6 commented
        Editing a comment
        It all started with some individuals who filled up a blow-up doll with liquor....

j/k

• Originally posted by ProtoCBP View Post
      Has anyone heard anything about the outside liquor bust a week or two ago?
      One of the beautiful things about greater fletc world is how it personifies the entreprenurial dream. Take Sally's Cop Shop, for example. 30 years ago, Sally was a one-woman operation with a silk screen and a dream making class t-shirts. Now her business empire is the Macy's of cop stuff for thousands of feds. Only in America.

I don't know anything about this liquor bust but given the liquor ban, it's not hard to imagine someone seeing an opportunity to run a little bootleg operation, just like The Purple Gang did during 1930s Prohibition....

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Can someone at FLETC currently pm me. I go in a little over a month and have some questions. We know agency’s don’t do a great job of keeping people informed hahaha

Comment

• Can confirm. Only beer and wine allowed. Don’t even chance bringing hard liquor onto FLETC.

New student quarantine period is 10 days. You eat on a different schedule and sit in a specific area.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            Any talk of allowing people to leave base post quarantine?

• jdpopo
            jdpopo commented
            Editing a comment
            Donjuan85657 That would be nice. But I think that would defeat the purpose of the quarantine.

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            jdpopo so does the entire instructor cadre and staff running the facility getting to leave everyday and on weekends - but they are allowed to... just a question/hopeful thinking.

• Originally posted by alc31180 View Post
          Can confirm. Only beer and wine allowed. Don’t even chance bringing hard liquor onto FLETC.

New student quarantine period is 10 days. You eat on a different schedule and sit in a specific area.
          As of now no students may leave the facility.

Comment

• jdpopo
            jdpopo commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted.... Misread
            Last edited by jdpopo; 03-02-2021, 07:48 AM.

• Has there been any COVID change to daily PT/DT?

A friend of mine just finished BIETP, and told me that besides the graded PT tests (run, obstacle course), they did zero PT and minimal/limited contact DT.

Comment

• Originally posted by FedBlue007 View Post
            Has there been any COVID change to daily PT/DT?

A friend of mine just finished BIETP, and told me that besides the graded PT tests (run, obstacle course), they did zero PT and minimal/limited contact DT.

Depends on your primary ORT instructor, some people get smoked every session and some hardly do any PT. Most lay somewhere in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by FedBlue007 View Post
              Has there been any COVID change to daily PT/DT?

We were informed the only change for DT was the fact we wear a mask and get a permanent partner

Comment

• Originally posted by alc31180 View Post
                We were informed the only change for DT was the fact we wear a mask and get a permanent partner
                Well, hopefully your permanent partner isn't the psycho (every class has one) who goes 110% 110% of the time and gets all jacked and hard when he gets to dole out some pain compliance....

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5757 users online. 322 members and 5435 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X