300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alc31180 View Post

source? Because agencies can’t make anyone get the vaccine.
    They can’t make you, but if you have it, it makes perfect sense to bump.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Calitown
      Calitown commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. I personally wouldn't take that vaccine until they hash out the kinks, but if its that or getting through FLETC so I can start working, ****....

• Haven't seen this posted yet. Latest word from my agency (been waiting for CITP since Sept 2020 EOD) is that FLETC is going to rebuild the entire schedule for FY21 classes that were previously due to begin between Feb-Sep 2021. The plan is to establish a new schedule that prioritizes basic courses and limits students on campus to below a certain number at any given time. Hopefully the new FY21 schedule will be sent out to agencies in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• Det_sje
      Det_sje commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm down here now and you are correct CITP classes resume March 2021.

• I got a postponement email saying FLETC was stopping training to restructure. But within two weeks I got another email with a report date in early March. I don't know if the full schedule has been sent out or not.

From looking at the old schedule, the only thing they changed for me was continuing the 14 day quarantine. So hopefully folks waiting on a CITP class won't actually be delayed much if at all.

Comment

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the March reschedule date still happening as of now?

• Just got moved to 2/19, from 1/15

Comment

• I haven't gotten any word of my 29JAN21 UPTP class being canceled at FLETC Artesia.

I have heard Glynco UPTP canceled their classes though.
      Last edited by Tjwright95; 01-22-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• The latest rumor was that new classes up until March were being pushed. Has anyone heard of FLETC canceling/pushing classes after/later than March? Those that have received class dates — any word from your agencies?

Comment

• Moose225
          Moose225 commented
          Editing a comment
          Curious as well... I was unofficially slotted for 4/27 start date, trying to see if/how that will be impacted.

• I don’t know where he heard it but second or third hand from a classmate that Glynco was going to close down Q3 -Q4 of this year and that they were exploring a secondary site to train people who did not get the vaccine while they restructure the main glynco site for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't heard anything about them exploring a secondary site, but I did hear from a friend on center today that they aren't taking new classes until the end of FY21 (October). Yet, people appear to still being given reschedule dates for Feb/Mar/April... so not sure if agencies just haven't been caught up to speed yet, or if there's some exceptions, or miscommunication?
          Last edited by Jagger3939; 01-27-2021, 12:21 PM.

• Just got the email for my rescheduled date of 3/30/2021.

Comment

• BS
          BS commented
          Editing a comment
          Going where?

• Moose225
          Moose225 commented
          Editing a comment
          What was your original date?

• Costanza
          Costanza commented
          Editing a comment
          Original date was 2/16 in Glynco. Still Glynco, just 3/30 for BIETP

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          Costanza Congrats on getting your date. You guys are back on the 78 day training schedule.

• I’m hearing from several friends currently on center at Glynco that last week FLETC decided they’re postponing all new classes until FY22 (Oct of this year) with the exception of a handful of special case classes. Anyone else hearing this?

Comment

• 1811HopefulDC
          1811HopefulDC commented
          Editing a comment
          That was the last guidance that we got @Donjuan.

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Roger that 1811HopefulDC. Thank you!

• Vcrowley97
          Vcrowley97 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got scheduled for UPTP class to begin in April so I'm not sure about that unless UPTP is a special case class?

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          I heard this week that FLETC reversed the decision and are allowing new classes starting in April — so that aligns with the new info I’ve heard.

• New CITP training dates are April 20th reporting the 10th for quarantine and June 2nd with a May 24th reporting date. This is from a DoD agency. That's all I can give you. Keep your heads up and fingers crossed...

Comment

• they told me my UPTP class will be sometime in april
          officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Question: For FLETC, do they give you the COVID-19 swab test or do they test you at all ?

Comment

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear they're switching to the more accurate "butt swab test".

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
            Question: For FLETC, do they give you the COVID-19 swab test or do they test you at all ?
            They give you the test twice during the restriction of movement period, you just rub a Q-tip in the inside of your mouth

Comment

• Stay Frosty
              Stay Frosty commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds good. Is it the same Q-tip used for the COVID tests ?

• My understanding is that most of the cancellations are the non-basic academies. I believe basic academies (e.g. CITP) are continuing after a short postponement to adjust schedules (mainly adding quarantine period).

I don't have any insider knowledge, but my March CITP class is still on as far as I know and the schedule I got shows other classes continuing through the year.

I don't think FLETC can shut down primary academies for very long. Just too many people need to get processed. Advanced firearms and stuff can wait a bit, but not primary academy.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Any word on how full the upcoming CITP classes are? Any chance of getting a spot before fall if you're not already scheduled?

Comment

• Jagger3939
                Jagger3939 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agencies are allocated seats for specific classes. It’s going to be fully depending on if your agency has classes, and if they’ve assigned those seats to new hires. Each agency does it differently.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6963 users online. 378 members and 6585 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X