Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, boomer.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    You are in a structured training program, prior to working a job that gives you absolute authority to take a life. Of course you’re not going to be given time off to visit home, see your kids, etc. Those hours you miss can’t be made up. You are paid to be IN TRAINING. Your family doesn’t matter.

You want to be home for “major life events”? Don’t be a cop. Ever. Who told you you can do that..? NO ONE.

You need to GROW UP and stop whining like little babies. Jesus! The amount of time spent bitching about no drinking in bars, no going home, no x box, no visits to the whorehouse are pathetic!

Please. Do everyone a favor. Quit. There are plenty who are hungry for jobs. BTW: You are getting room and board. You don’t get extra pay because you can’t leave.

I weep for the future. Spoiled brats that can’t handle a bit of hardship without their mommies. How will you ever survive on the streets...

Comment

• Did three long academies there and several one or two weekers. Easily spent over a year in a smurf suit. So when I say the place has bizarre social dynamics, I think I've earned an opinion.

Current situation sounds more like a 1950s psychological experiment than training. I can just see a branch chief birthing a big idea: Hey! Let's force people into periods of isolation for three to six months and feed them half-cooked chicken. No in-person contact with loved ones and if a parent dies, you can zoom the funeral.

It's the raw template for your next 25 years- where some nitwit with a little bit of power makes decisions without giving two whits about how it impacts those down the food trough. If you don't like it, leave, because there's no union, HR is a joke, and upper management only cares when it threatens their cush GS15 job. So embrace the suck, because there's plenty more where it came from....
      If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        Ratatatat
        "Current situation sounds more like a 1950's psychological experiment than training." That had me spitting out my coffee.

• Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
      Did three long academies there and several one or two weekers. Easily spent over a year in a smurf suit. So when I say the place has bizarre social dynamics, I think I've earned an opinion.

Current situation sounds more like a 1950s psychological experiment than training. I can just see a branch chief birthing a big idea: Hey! Let's force people into periods of isolation for three to six months and feed them half-cooked chicken. No in-person contact with loved ones and if a parent dies, you can zoom the funeral.

It's the raw template for your next 25 years- where some nitwit with a little bit of power makes decisions without giving two whits about how it impacts those down the food trough. If you don't like it, leave, because there's no union, HR is a joke, and upper management only cares when it threatens their cush GS15 job. So embrace the suck, because there's plenty more where it came from....
      I went through basic and AIT (Military Police) in the Army back in 1992. This training was called OSUT (one station unit training) and lasted 4.5 months. So for 4.5 months I ...

- Slept in a barracks room with 30 other soldiers
      - very limited sleep
      - no rest/down time
      - had zero in person contact with the outside world
      - no internet
      - limited phone access (4 pay phones for 120 soldiers/no cell phones)
      - no outside food
      - no alcohol
      ​​​​​​- fire watch almost every night
      - almost zero free time
      - zero off base passes
      - 1 on base 2 hour pass after 4 months

I did all that at the age of 18. Much more stress. Much more physical training. If 18 year olds could handle the above why can’t the current crop of applicants/trainees put up with the COVID policies? You have your own room. You have nearly unlimited access for family contact through FaceTime and cell phones (I made about a call a week in Army training and maybe wrote a letter a week). At FLETC You will get plenty of rest and have plenty of free time. Point is that millions went through the same training (Army) that I did and are just fine. It wasn’t considered some 1950s psychological experiment.

Right after training I was shipped overseas where I rarely spoke or had any contact with any family members for a period of three years.

The people that are literally losing their **** over going to training in this environment are people I don’t want carrying a gun or relying on for anything.
      Last edited by Exbpa340; 11-15-2020, 09:46 AM.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        There seems to been some common theme of comparing the military to FLETC and the point that FLETC ISN'T the military appears to be lost on most. I did the same as you but at the age of 17. If I wanted to be treated like I was in the military I would have reenlisted. Luckily, I'm out of FLETC because I'm too old for the nonsense down there.

My advice for those that actually have family or care about their family and something major happens while they are down there is to let your chain of command know and go deal with whatever it is. FLETC can wait and my understanding is most agencies will at least understand the situation and let you go back (although you'll likely be starting from the beginning at a later date).
        Last edited by DoD88; 11-15-2020, 06:45 PM.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s how an adult would handle things. If you choose to attend FLETC right now abide by the policy and if the unthinkable happens and you have to leave for a family emergency then you can worry about the job/academy at a later date. Very few will have to face that kind of decision.

• Calitown
        Calitown commented
        Editing a comment
        @Exbpa340
        I went through the same OSUT in Leonardwood, just absolutely terrible.

• I'm not going to compare military service and civilian LE because there's no comparison.

My point is this: get used to clown shoes decisions in the G because they will be ubiquitous throughout your career. And there's not much you can do about them, other than complain on O.com.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• CoastalCop1811
        CoastalCop1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exbpa340 relax ero.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        CoastalCop1811 .. If you want to add something feel free. If you want to be an ****** then GFYS.

• CoastalCop1811
        CoastalCop1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exbpa340 Hey no need for the attitude. I'm sure writing detainers is hard work.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        1 - that would be placing detainers... dip****.. something that HSI regularly screws up.
        2 - much more to being a DO than detainers but I’m sure you know it all right.

I stand by my comment of GFYS.

• Anyone here scheduled or waiting to hear from the USSS? I was told there will probably be a class in December or January but haven't been notified yet when my EOD is. Scared FLETC will shut back down again because of COVID

Comment

• Keep Updated on town halls and graduations

https://liveevents.fletc.gov/

Fletc has an app. I encourage to download.

Comment

• I received my EOD date / fletc for January 2021. Of course waiting on more info from the agency. UPTP class.

Comment

• You can't bring Bicycles to FLETC. I can't even fathom the level of stupidity. Seriously!!

Just noting because they did NOT update website and handbook!!!
            Last edited by KayCan; 11-17-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• 9L81
              9L81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that a FLETC rule or your agencies rule? There is a long history of issues with bicycles down there. If they say no bicycles I am not surprised. The level of stupidity you reference is brought about by students lacking common sense.

• copperstate
              copperstate commented
              Editing a comment
              Bicycles were banned in 2018 after an incident with a staff member. It was not a student in that particular case, but yes, they had been a recurring problem for years.

• Page
              Page commented
              Editing a comment
              OK, I hope there are no more on campus car accidents like the one that was mentioned recently. Because if there are more and they decide to not let us bring our cars, that would be really terrible!

• From FLEOA Newsletter:

FLETC COVID-19:

FLEOA was informed that FLETC, like many institutions, had experienced some positive COVID-19 cases. According to FLETC, this necessitated them following CDC guidelines related to testing, quarantining and contact tracing. An issue arose with how extensive those guidelines were being applied and how they are impacting students who were tested and found to be negative.

Through engagement with FLETC, the DHS Secretary’s office, and FLEOA’s Outside Legal Counsel contact with FLETC Chief Counsel, within a matter of days, the issue was resolved and training was resumed. To prevent any future issues, we’ve requested FLETC’s COVID-19 procedures and policies related to those that test positive. While we support following CDC guidelines for any COVID-19 positive individuals, individuals that are negative should not be impacted and as we reminded FLETC, the student’s rights as American’s don’t stop at FLETC’s gate.

Comment

• jdpopo
              jdpopo commented
              Editing a comment
              Bravo FLEOA. Hopefully they start letting students off the base now as well.

• Has anyone received notifications for any upcoming confirmed 2021 class dates? If so, when and which course?

Comment

• Tx21
              Tx21 commented
              Editing a comment
              LanceWhite pretty sure December is full according to emails... im going and i know others going as well.... and yes we have to quarantine... emails went out a couple of weeks ago... and all the guys I know going were hired end of August beginning of September.... things are moving guys... hang in there
              Last edited by Tx21; 11-23-2020, 08:04 PM.

• LanceWhite
              LanceWhite commented
              Editing a comment
              Tx21 I'm glad to hear folks are in the December class and it wasn't scrapped. Good luck!

• NoliKenpo
              NoliKenpo commented
              Editing a comment
              Do different agencies take CITP together?

• FreqFlyer10
              FreqFlyer10 commented
              Editing a comment
              NoliKenpo Yes from what I understand CITP classes can be a mix of agencies.

• Students allowed to leave the facility yet after the agreement with FLEOA?

Comment

• DoD88
              DoD88 commented
              Editing a comment
              KayCan truth. FLETC was planning on this prior to the COVID shutdown and now they've implemented it. I know two down there now and that's where I heard it from. Don't bother bringing it or having it shipped as they are checking vehicles and packages and confiscating any liquor.

• KayCan
              KayCan commented
              Editing a comment
              DoD88

Thats awesome news

No beer, wine, or liquor.

Now they have more time to study and train.

I will pass on the word.

• jdpopo
              jdpopo commented
              Editing a comment
              Is the alcohol ban due to COVID? If so, will it be rescinded after the COVID BS is done with?

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              ^ I don't think so. Before we graduated in March of this year they told us to get ready for it to come down any day (the alcohol ban). I don't know who or what caused it. We were all assuming that it would lead to lots of off-base incidents like DUIs, but if students can't leave the base AND can't drink on base...I'm not sure what will happen. Full-scale revolt?

• Anyone have any insight on how the potential budget lapse will affect FLETC? I've gotten mixed words from the people I've spoken with.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_1811 View Post
              Anyone have any insight on how the potential budget lapse will affect FLETC? I've gotten mixed words from the people I've spoken with.

you would have to elaborate more on on the topic

the federal budget reset at the fiscal year of October 2020, unless FLETC is on some other budget calendar.

Comment

• MDPO32
                MDPO32 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well considering the government budget is on a CR and lapses December 11th I think his question makes sense.

• aspiring_1811
                aspiring_1811 commented
                Editing a comment
                MDPO32 that's what I was getting at. I've heard conflicting things on whether or not FLETC shuts down if there is no budget by the 11th or not.

• RE: Alcohol ban.... that was probably a long time coming.

My first long academy was in the 1990s, way before the Taj was built and back when the 'crackhouses' were the multi-bedroom apartments used for married housing during the Glynco Naval Air Station era. They've long since been converted to agency offices but during the Clinton administration, each unit housed four students- one lucky bastard got the master bedroom, two students each got a small bedroom, and one sorry bastard got what was once the kitchen. There was a common area, previously the living room, which was used for card games and drinking sessions, which was all fine and good unless it was the evening before a legal exam but your crackhouse roomies (from another agency and class) had just completed their last exam and were in full party mode. Good luck telling Border Patrol agents who just passed six weeks of immersion Spanish to please simmer down, I got Legal II tomorrow....

The housing units circled a large picnic area, which still had a few relics from a former life as family housing, like swing sets and play structures. On weekends, the picnic area would be used for BBQs and at night would become one large block party. In the warm and muggy air, classes would congregate around coolers full of ice and beer- a Customs class here, a BP class there, a LMTP class by the swings, a Mixed Basic class over by the pavilion. And with Fletc being the tribal place that it is, it wasn't uncommon for the mix of cheap beer, testosterone, and agency pride to lead to chest thumping and drunken melees. Five O would arrive, the crowd would scatter, then on Monday the agency reps would conduct investigations into who started it. This cycle would repeat itself several times.

The G bar was a long walk away, and not nearly as entertaining as the crackhouse picnic area. The one time I went to the G bar it was karoake night- tejano song after tejano song and then around midnight the BP guys all started pouring pitchers of warm beer on each other's heads. That was enough for me to avoid the Student Center for the rest of my stay (although not the case during subsequent academies when my room was 100 yards from the G bar and BP had moved to Charleston...)

Amazing how grown adults can revert to adolescents under the right circumstances. Or how quickly people can abandon their morals, especially when alcohol is involved. Every class I've been in had a whiff of romance in the air, which always surprised me, because there ain't much romantic about sand gnats and the smell of paper mill chlorine and everything else about greater Glynco. One pair of secret lovebirds were the classic fletc couple- he was married, with kids. She was single. Every Thursday night after a few Coors Lights they'd suddenly disappear from the group. Then they'd pretend no one noticed, as if the group were a bunch of dummies (if there's one piece of advice I can give future attendees: don't fall into the venus fly trap of a fletc romance. It can haunt you the rest of your career).

So I saw firsthand the fist fights and regrettable drunken romantic interludes during my three long academies. I heard about the occasional off-center brawl at Brogen's and remember one situation where a couple of students 'got sent back to their agencies' (aka, got fired) after getting into a fight with locals where a beer bottle got smashed on someone's head. And it was never a good idea to allow instructors to drink at the G bar where old divorced fat guys with a few beers in them would fraternize with doe eyed college age girls in a CITP class. So I get the justification for going all Mormon at the center. But Good Heavens, six months of fletc world without a drink or being able to leave and enjoy a cold beer and a plate of oysters- I'd go nuts.
              Last edited by Ratatatat; 11-29-2020, 12:13 PM.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• nowurdoingit
                nowurdoingit commented
                Editing a comment
                I always love hearing your fletc stories... they're all so hilariously sad and true.

• Just to clarify, you can still buy beer and wine at the FLETC Express, and there is no ban on consuming either. FLETC did ban introducing hard liquor onto the campus. My understanding is that this is not covid related, but rather because of the DUI that happened on base a couple of months ago.

Comment

• CCCSD
                CCCSD commented
                Editing a comment
                If you’re referring to the 13th and a Federal Training Facility, and you think it applies. You are one retarded dumbass.

• big_bob_69
                big_bob_69 commented
                Editing a comment
                You're gonna feel really bad when it turns out I'm actually [email protected]

• CCCSD
                CCCSD commented
                Editing a comment
                Then why are you trying to get hired? Retardation precludes you from working.

Your posts prove me correct.

• Calitown
                Calitown commented
                Editing a comment
                big_bob_69
                Infringing of the "13th amendment" is not the reason why FLETC hasn't banned alcohol on post. Drinking alcohol on training grounds is a privilege not a right.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5835 users online. 322 members and 5513 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X