Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who has received a FLETC class taking place in 2021.... are they still scheduling you to report 14 days prior for quarantine? With the speculation of advanced classes starting after the Holidays, I was curious for anyone who had a confirmed class date in 2021, what the current planning is?

Comment

• Italiano2006
      Italiano2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping the recent DWI MVA that shut down power to the Taj don’t change that

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      Them coffee pots in the rooms are 4-cup right? Need to stock up on filters lol

• 1811HopefulDC
      1811HopefulDC commented
      Editing a comment
      We are scheduled for a Jan 2021 start and I was told to be prepared for a quarantine period

• JRG
      JRG commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, I would bring your own coffee pot. It's a crap shoot if the appliances are even available, let alone work properly. Considering the current circumstances, you are going to want a decent cup of coffee, because the stuff at chow hall tastes like it was brewed through a dirty sock or they reused the grounds.

• Im headed to FLETC in artesia soon. Does anyone know if they have us sharing rooms?

Comment

• FYI, according to FLETC Union Facebook, FLETC is pausing all training until Nov 12th, due to several classes coming down with COVID. Not sure if this will push future class dates back 2 weeks. Hopefully this isn't the pre-curser of another ceasing operations... Anyone on campus right now have any comments or insight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagger3939 View Post
        FYI, according to FLETC Union Facebook, FLETC is pausing all training until Nov 12th, due to several classes coming down with COVID. Not sure if this will push future class dates back 2 weeks. Hopefully this isn't the pre-curser of another ceasing operations... Anyone on campus right now have any comments or insight?
        10 day shelter in place was ordered for all students.

edit: for Glynco. Not sure about the other locations.

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          The post mentioned instructors can pick up computers. Are they trying to transition to online learning while sheltering so they don't loose any time and/or have to mess with incoming class schedules?

• passwordistaco
          passwordistaco commented
          Editing a comment
          Haven’t heard anything about that yet.

• Wow...i was suppose to fly out on the 7th. So thats a definitey no go for me right? I'm going to have to check my email for status when i get to the office.

Comment

• vicdx
          vicdx commented
          Editing a comment
          I fly out the 7th too.. I haven’t received any emails, work or personal. I assume we should be good because we are doing the 10 day quarantine anyway?

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Texan2050; 11-03-2020, 10:23 AM.

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          vicdx and Calitown definitely please keep us posted if your report date gets pushed. Trying to use it as a gauge for other possible large scale pushes.

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          @Jagger3939
          They rescheduled for 21 Nov. Seems official for now, but this can change last minute.

• At least we can finally catch up on some sleep...

Comment

• Ratatatat
          Ratatatat commented
          Editing a comment
          And post what it's like to spend two weeks in a cinderblock room with no human contact.

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          The men must be punished. Two weeks in the cooler, and the recreation hall will be closed!!!

• the food they are delivering to the rooms is delightful.....

Comment

• Heard if they can’t get the situation under control then it’ll be a full shut down and send everyone packing next week.

Comment

• nowurdoingit
            nowurdoingit commented
            Editing a comment
            Where'd you hear this from?

• LETC in the same boat now too.

Comment

• So heres the deal peeps: I cant divulge my source however I can confirm a few things. At this moment there is a training shut down. all students are still on base but supposed to be self restricting to their rooms, unless they are in a class that has a positive test, in which case they are mandatory isolate to their rooms.

They (FLETC) will begin testing all classes in the next day or so which inevitably means more positives. I'm hearing that new incoming classes will continue to come in and do the 10 day restriction of movement prior to training. So if you are set to get here around Nov 7, you should be fine.

There is talk of an actual shutdown and I would imagine that if there are a lot of new positives, that will become a definite possibility. As of now atleast this is rumor according to my source.

and yes, the food deliveries to the rooms are a joke.
            USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
            12/10/18- USMS Info Session
            3/25/19- USMS Interview
            4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
            5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
            7/03/19- Received TOL
            8/16/19-Initial Medical
            8/29/19-Completed Medical
            9/19/19-Received E-quip
            9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints
            11/5/19-Background Interview
            01/14/20-Drug Screen Completed
            03/12/20-Phone call with Verbal Offer
            03/20/20-Fit Test
            03/29/20-FO Call
            05/11/20-EOD
            08/11/20-Academy start
            01/04/21-Start in District

Current DUSM, Prior USMS TFO

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              A friend of mine on campus right now said during the shelter in place, they are transitioning to online learning. Can you confirm if their plan is to not extend class dates by 2 weeks due to this, or is that still a possibility? Any ideas if agencies have been told to hold off on issuing any offers/start dates?

• chipper000
              chipper000 commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no truth to any transition to online learning that we have been informed of. FLETC operates in the 19th century and doubt they will be able to pull something in the 21st century off.

• money_mike
              money_mike commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah no confirmation on online learning. The extending class dates is almost impossible not to do unless the agency allows transitioning to 7 day per week training schedule, which FLETC is not set up for when it comes to role players etc.

My agency is talking about 7 day per week. any other other than that and I would be lying to you or just spreading rumor. No one truly knows what is coming in the next few days or weeks, and dont let them tell you otherwise.

• FLETC is literally the bottom of the barrel. World class facility run by idiots.

Joe Rent-A-Cop Academy is better than that place.

Comment

• So what's the news?

Comment

• chipper000
                chipper000 commented
                Editing a comment
                Every student is being tested tomorrow..they’ll get an idea of the extent and go from there. Classes won’t resume until at least next Thursday if the tests come back negative.

• anyone hear anything new recently?

Comment

• chipper000
                chipper000 commented
                Editing a comment
                Classes resume on Tuesday

• If you need a good laugh

Here is the FLETC "food" Lawsuit forum.

Personally I have a dairy allergy. None of it. But I know that protein powder and water makes food. Bring a hobby. I love art. So I am packing my drawing material. Bring weights or find workouts on YouTube.

Bring RTE meals or snacks for times like this.

Remember tough times people in general are not able to experience life events. Suck it up. Have them film it or live stream. Technology folks.

Forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/custo...ssages/36601/1
              Last edited by KayCan; 11-13-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Calitown
                Calitown commented
                Editing a comment
                Anthropologist
                Most likley a civilian who wrote that...Not a Veteran. Military folks know all too well about getting ****ed

• jdpopo
                jdpopo commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been to FLETC many times, both as a student and instructor. Being restricted to base, and currently restricted to your room sounds absolutely horrendous. Especially 4-6 months at a time. I'm surprised there haven't been any lawsuits filed. Maybe there have been some started.

I think it comes down to compensation... If the job is telling me I can not move about freely in my off time, they should have to compensate me at least "on-call" rate. And the excuse that I've seen people say that "you can leave if you want, you just can't come back" is similar to your job saying if you don't like the current conditions, you can just quit. While I don't know the ins-and-outs of the FLSA regulations, I can see this being an issue.

FTR I've been a fed LE for 17yrs, and I'm a Marine. So I understand the suck and I've embraced it at times. But being restricted to FLETC for 6 months at a time is a bit more than just "this sucks"...

• DoD88
                DoD88 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with JD. I've been in LE for over 14 years and was in the military. Guess what? FLETC isn't the military. While yes it's not supposed to be a vacation, it's also not a labor camp. The G is restricting students like they are in jail and doing so without any form of compensation on the basis of...you want the job then deal with it. Sorry, no job is worth missing major life events and certainly not a job in law enforcement in this day and age. Instructors down there are free to come and go and do whatever they want off campus while FLETC blames students for the outbreak....just plain stupidity.

• Exbpa340
                Exbpa340 commented
                Editing a comment
                These are strange times no doubt...at this point there seems like there are two options..
                1 - abide by the current policies pertaining to COVID 19
                2 - shut down all training until this passes. Maybe a year or longer.

If those are the two options which would most choose? Remember many people have not and will not EOD for many months or ever under option 2. Slots/positions could be lost due to budgets.

If you choose to accept the the current conditions to get the “job” knowing that you will be on lock down then STFU and get through it.

• You are in a structured training program, prior to working a job that gives you absolute authority to take a life. Of course you’re not going to be given time off to visit home, see your kids, etc. Those hours you miss can’t be made up. You are paid to be IN TRAINING. Your family doesn’t matter.

You want to be home for “major life events”? Don’t be a cop. Ever. Who told you you can do that..? NO ONE.

You need to GROW UP and stop whining like little babies. Jesus! The amount of time spent bitching about no drinking in bars, no going home, no x box, no visits to the whorehouse are pathetic!

Please. Do everyone a favor. Quit. There are plenty who are hungry for jobs. BTW: You are getting room and board. You don’t get extra pay because you can’t leave.

I weep for the future. Spoiled brats that can’t handle a bit of hardship without their mommies. How will you ever survive on the streets...
              Last edited by CCCSD; 11-14-2020, 05:59 PM.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Anthropologist
                Anthropologist commented
                Editing a comment
                I tend to agree with your sentiment. Law enforcement is not a job for people who can't handle a bit of hardship, especially just for a few months of paid training. LE jobs are not going to be easy at many times throughout one's career, and FLETC is just a small portion. Any intelligent person should have known that before signing up for this as a career path.

• DoD88
                DoD88 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm sure you're fun at parties.

• jdpopo
                jdpopo commented
                Editing a comment
                DoD88 haha. I'm sure he's the life of the party. The guy everyone wants to be around, in and out of work

• Calitown
                Calitown commented
                Editing a comment
                CCCSD Half the recruits will be working from behind a desk after FLETC, no way theyre operating on the streets.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5842 users online. 323 members and 5519 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X