300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know...another B-pad thread...

I have searched the site and found some very helpful information. I have never had an LEO position. This is my first B-pad, and honestly I'm a bit nervous about it. From what i hear these tests really benefit those who have LEO experience because it is scenarios that they will see on an every day basis. Can someone please give me some advice on how i can prepare for this keeping in mind that i dont have LE experience? I have read through some of the scenarios that some people have gotten and i honestly don't know how i would answer them. Any help would be great.

B pad? You will need to elaborate on what that is for some of us to be able to offer any input.

EDJ
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

The B-pad is a test where they sit you in front of a TV screen and a video camera. They then play a scene and you are supposed to respond as if you were the officer responding to the call.

Comment

Originally posted by osubuck View Post
        The B-pad is a test where they sit you in front of a TV screen and a video camera. They then play a scene and you are supposed to respond as if you were the officer responding to the call.
        object is for you to go home at night. my advice would be shoot at anything that moves, and be sure to put enough rounds down range to eliminate the threat KIDDING...honestly my adivce woluld be to think of some situations in your mind, think of statments one might make to you in a stressful situation, and determine what type of response you would react with. if its a scenario pertaining to being dispatched to a robbery in progress, and you arrive as the perp is leaving the scene, you make contact with him, what type of commands would you give, what type of posture would you take? if he reaches for something you believe to be a firearm, how would you deal with it..not being in leo doesnt necessarily mean your doomed.
        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by osubuck View Post
          ...From what i hear these tests really benefit those who have LEO experience because it is scenarios that they will see on an every day basis...
          According to the company that makes them, there's almost no performance difference between experienced officers and inexperienced applicants, but the company has an obvious interest in that characterization. Here's an old thread that's pretty detailed.
          http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27874

Also, check the policing philosophy and any themes expressed on the published materials of the particular agency for anything helpful about your expected demeanor. For example, if they emphasize "community policing," you might want to err more on the side of caution and diffusing of a scenario where you could also be justified in getting to enforcement action right off the bat.
          Last edited by ProWriter; 05-26-2007, 01:52 AM. Reason: afterthoughts
          No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Ok, when I took mine I only encountered 1 deadly force type situation. A mental suspect with a gun in his hand to his side, I basically put my hands together like I had a gun and started saying things like calm down, put the gun down. I wouldn't yell BANG at the tv though. All the scenarios required the subjects to calm down. In every scenario I told someone to either be quiet, sit down and separate the fighting parties. I never pretended I was talking on the radio or narrated what I am "now doing". Basically establish officer presence by the way talk to the subject on the screen and by the way you calm them down.
            Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the insight. I take my B-pad this saturday and I'm fretting it just a little. I know that everyone has to take it, however having no LE background I'm still afraid that I am at a disadvantage.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5860 users online. 331 members and 5529 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X